( search forums )
Requesting A Map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 1:59 am
Ever since I got the Red Faction 2 mod to work, I've been wondering if it would be possible to replicate a level they had in both RF 1 and RF 2. It was the Multi Player Level, the fortress-y one.

I have a basic layout for it.

[IMAGE]

First of all, this would be a CTF map. The dark grey represents solid polygons; walls, floors, etc. The light grey areas show things you could walk behind, pillars, the begining of floors.

Red X's are stationary guns, added just for the sake of Soldat. I really like Stationary guns, and even though RF didn't have them, I think it would really make this level more interesting.

The dark green cubes would be grenade drops, and the dark red ones be health drops. The blue cubes would be Cluster Nades / Flame God / Vest / Berserk / Invisibility.

The bright green X's are the spawns, and the flags..well..flags.

The black cube in the middle is the size I would like to fit 1 person/bot into, and the line next to it the amount of boost they got. I don't want people jumping from their base to the other, grabbing the flag, and boosting back. Also, I dont want you to be able to snipe from one base to the other, unless you use the Barettes Zoom, in which case you follow the bullet trail to somewhere people might pass by.

The color sucks, but the map was pretty much in a desert-y valley. Anyone who has played on this level can recognize it, and see what I am aiming for.

EDIT

A bit more I came up with while I was looking at it. The reason the stairs/ramps in the bases look so odd is that if it were an exact copy, they would be walking up into the camera, moving vertically instead of diagonally. I also would like the 'walk behind' parts to represent the pillars they had at the bottom, and also so you can reach the middle turret.

I don't know how to make maps. I'm afraid to try. I know someone out there can do this, and if you did, I would be very happy. I've always had some kind of liking towards Red Faction. I don't play it 24/7. I dont own any games. I dont know every single gun/fact about it, I just liked playing it a lot, and this makes Soldat a much funner experience.

And...I'd like it to be symmetrical. My diagram was drawn pretty poorly, only because I wanted to get the blunt idea across. I'm not too good with MS paint either.

Cookie.
July 13, 2004, 4:40 am
lol it would take less time to make the map then that drawing i bet :P it might not be good.. i will try making it for u once im done mine which could be a week or so. O_O if soemoen wants to step up and do it first go for it :P

Soulsnipa
July 13, 2004, 4:44 am
http://smleague.no-ip.com ...submit it on our forums, and we will get it done. 90% guarentee :)

Cookie.
July 13, 2004, 7:04 am
that is 90% i guarantee 100% just need time to make it sechsay

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 13, 2004, 9:50 am
I think this idea would combine very well with my WWI map idea.....but I'll have to make the middle part full of trenches, which could have your powerups and whatnot, I'll see what i can do, after I'm done with my current projects.

Droopy
July 13, 2004, 4:56 pm
Here we go again...

:P

Soulsnipa
July 13, 2004, 8:52 pm
Polygons are all placed...will be posting overview soon.

Soulsnipa
July 13, 2004, 9:22 pm
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=197#197

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 13, 2004, 9:25 pm
ah, the wonderous mapping powers of the SML is at it again, to the SKIES!

Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 10:52 pm
Thank you bunches. I'm sure I can expect nothing but goodness from this.

Cookie.
July 18, 2004, 12:02 am
nuuooo u made it before me *rushes to put together a map lol

-=edit=-
omg soulsnipa another waste of forum space :)
please try to learn to use the edit button..

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 18, 2004, 8:26 am
Soulsnipa has handed this map to me, and I'll be doing it from now on, btw, Soulsnipa is gonna be away for a week also, I'll see if i can find some time to do your map, after my current assignments are done, I'm expecting it to be done in maybe 2 to 4 weeks, depending on how busy i am.

Droopy
July 19, 2004, 7:41 pm
How come nobody told ME that Soul's going away? Im in IC!