( search forums )
CTF_ Cano
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
?
July 13, 2004, 5:29 pm
Overview:
[IMAGE]

Dl:http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/maps/Ctf_cano.PMS

My first real try at a map, tell me the bugs you find and how to make it better Btw there are no jets on this map.

Edit-
Click here to rate

Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 5:30 pm
It looks ok. Can you jump on the clouds? Otherwise you better remove them they are ugly. :P

?
July 13, 2004, 5:32 pm
Yes you can jump on them, I tried to make them flow well with each other, also a few places to hide for snipers in there :P

Soulsnipa
July 13, 2004, 7:31 pm
when i vote here will be my scores:

Gameplay: 3 (Fair)
Overall looks: 2 (Fair)
Creativity: 3 (Fair)
Waypoints: N/A
Graphics: 3 (Fair)

Not to discourage you from mapping or anything. Soldat needs some new members to the mapping community. And with no new version coming out for a while, new maps can lighten the load on the community. Keep in mind this is your first map, thats why you recieved the ratings you did. I notice you did shade, so thats a +, I never did that when I first did my map. If you posted a wireframe I would like to see ur placement. I'm not sure but it looks quite akward, definity start investing your time in placing some grass, some trees, and some other scenery. Choose another texture maybe, and also try shading in contrast (shadows) like in the volcano, because it really needs it. Good job though, hope you continue to map.

Liber_Lupus
July 13, 2004, 8:30 pm
Those clouds remind me worms, clouds are usually fatter and not so long. But besides that its fine.

?
July 13, 2004, 10:39 pm
Clouds look that way because thats the only cload the map maker had that I could use and I suck at paint...

Soulsnipa
July 13, 2004, 10:58 pm
u could stack clouds...or make them in polygons :P

July 13, 2004, 11:33 pm
Scrap the clouds, and replace them with some kinda stone structure. Concrete mountain is an excellent example of stone in soldat...

Droopy
July 15, 2004, 10:27 am
Thank you Sticky!