( search forums )
Walk and /name
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
delici0us
July 13, 2004, 5:53 pm
1; Well... Like CS, by pressing shift your soldier could walk without making noise... lol

2; Changing name by typing /name new-name, like cs [:D] like it?

BManx2000
July 13, 2004, 6:01 pm
ACK HE SAID "LIKE CS"

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 6:03 pm
Just to warn you right now, the Soldat community doesnt much like CS...the wrapture cometh

on your ideas.... walking without making sounds is kind of ( in my opnion ) pointless, unless used in Realmode... otherwise, no.
/name, No pointless also.

Kazuki
July 13, 2004, 6:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
Just to warn you right now, the Soldat community doesnt much like CS...the wrapture cometh

on your ideas.... walking without making sounds is kind of ( in my opnion ) pointless, unless used in Realmode... otherwise, no.
/name, No pointless also.

Noobile is right. You should never compare Soldat to CS in ANY way.

As for walking, Noobile is right again. It's pretty pointless unless you're in realistic mode. Adding a /name command sounds good to me. You wouldn't have to leave the server in order to change your name.

b00stA
July 13, 2004, 7:26 pm
but why would you want to change your name anyway?
In Quake3 (or games with the Q3 engine) it leads to people with über-1337 scripts that let their name blink.
I would sooo make a program that would make my name scroll...
..no, I'm missing the point. It's for all those afks, finally they can just set themselves away!

Sorry, just don't like it.

N1nj@
July 13, 2004, 8:06 pm
I don't mind walking, maybe make the gun more accurate when you walk.

the name thing isn't neccessary either, but I don't mind...

Alamo
July 13, 2004, 8:21 pm
Well, name should be added. Walk is pointless.

peemonkey
July 13, 2004, 11:02 pm
soldat shouyld have varying degrees if movement though. im tired of RUN RUN RUN!!!

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 11:15 pm
so tap the move left/right button, instead of hammering down on it???

peemonkey
July 13, 2004, 11:42 pm
but then it's RUN-stand-RUN-stand-RUN-stand. the only way to get slower is crouching, but then you dont get the clearance...

Noobile
July 14, 2004, 12:24 am
well, it's all in the rythm,peemonkey, you gotta finesse the keyboard (man that sounds bad... I know... don't say it) just right to get it to work

n00bface
July 14, 2004, 1:07 am
i think he's basing the suggestions based on Cs2d..i think CS2D is cool and kind of like soldat in a couple ways..like..they're 2D..i think the name command is great, but what the hell would we need a no-noise walking command for? it's impossible to hide in soldat.

peemonkey
July 14, 2004, 2:54 am
not true. i can hide just about anywhere in soldat. every map has a hiding place if you prone/crouch/stand just right...

N1nj@
July 14, 2004, 3:01 am
peemonkey: you can always find the person...especially in full screen

n00bface
July 14, 2004, 3:01 am
but you can't walk to those hiding places..people don't find the soldiers based on the sounds they make from walking. rofl.

peemonkey
July 14, 2004, 3:54 am
well i can hide from like, 98% of the players out there, unless they know all the places and know me... but whatever, we dont need walking i guess :(

Niff
July 14, 2004, 4:15 am
..does anyone else picture Peemonkey as his avatar?

Marine
July 14, 2004, 6:27 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
peemonkey: you can always find the person...especially in full screen

Heh, you'd be surprised on how many kills I get in INF warehouse by hiding in that brush on the platform above the building. I get a barret and knife, and I sit up there with my knife, slashin up everyone who comes through, occasionally barreting them from point blank. I love it. We need more maps with much brush, so I can be a guerrila fighter :)))

frogboy
July 14, 2004, 7:52 am
So clearly, /name would be useful, as long as there's an afk kick involved. That scrolling thing would be nice, I'll admit.