( search forums )
Throwing weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 7:06 pm
Maybe this only happens to me, but sometimes when im shootin some guy and I have to reload, I go to pull out my knife and throw it at him, but instead throw my gun cuz I haven't changed weapons yet. They should make it so you can throw any kind of gun as far as a knife goes and at least does some kind of damage, like the kind your fist does. This would also make it alot easier to give teamates a gun that they might need(like giving a barreta to a flag holder so he can spot enemies coming).

Kazuki
July 13, 2004, 7:18 pm
That's only because you press the throw button too soon, and your Soldat hasn't had enough time to pull out his knife yet. About your idea though, it's pointless. :P Although it would be funny if you got someone to very low HP using the deagles and when you run out of bullets you hit him with the gun by throwing it and he dies. :P

Marine
July 13, 2004, 8:21 pm
I think its a good idea.

Alamo
July 13, 2004, 8:29 pm
Sure Marine likes it *cough* No, that idea is kinda dumb... I takes too much time to program for such a useless addition. Just be patient when your soldier pulls out the knife.

Marine
July 13, 2004, 8:36 pm
What if I don't have a secondary? Lets say I'm running back to base with flag, and my gun is out of ammo. I just chunk the gun at his face =)

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 8:39 pm
you still die anyway....and what IDIOT would throw their weapon away, I mean, it's the most important thing in this game, without weapons, we'd just have a back-alley brawl, that would take for freggin ever. Besides, the amount of damage you are proposing to do ( being that of a fist) is nil in comparison to even a soccom shell, you'd die after they finished re-loading....

Marine
July 13, 2004, 8:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
you still die anyway....and what IDIOT would throw their weapon away, I mean, it's the most important thing in this game, without weapons, we'd just have a back-alley brawl, that would take for freggin ever. Besides, the amount of damage you are proposing to do ( being that of a fist) is nil in comparison to even a soccom shell, you'd die after they finished re-loading....

lol! but there are always so many weapons lying around on the front lines after people get killed, its really easy to get another one!

sativa
July 13, 2004, 8:43 pm
why can't shotgun or any other kind of gun have this: an extra button so when u tap it it turns the gun around and uses to puch the enmy with the back of the gun (very usefull with shotgun)

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 8:49 pm
regardless marine, you'll still be dead, by that time, they would have re-loaded, and fragged you into tiny little pieces, and emptied a clip into the remains

@sative*sniff sniff* halo?? and dont you already do that when you are occupiying the same place as another person, try it next time you play, look for an idle, and hit "fire" a few times...

Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 9:20 pm
Speaking of Halo...there are those exploding guns that grunts have..bah, shouldn't bring it up, it's a Soldat forum after all...

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 9:35 pm
no, no you shouldn't.....

and no, only the "elite" grunts in "...and the horse you rode in on" explode, they are fuel rod cannons that the hunters normally carry ( those are fun in multi for halo PC )

N1nj@
July 13, 2004, 9:45 pm
Why the hell will you throw you guns away. Just change your weapons before you press throw, practice it if you can't do it.

kevith
July 13, 2004, 9:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by sativa
why can't shotgun or any other kind of gun have this: an extra button so when u tap it it turns the gun around and uses to puch the enmy with the back of the gun (very usefull with shotgun)
If you're close enough you'll do this anyway. Since you wouldn't be able to hit them unless you were that close anyway, there is not really a need for an extra button to do it.

Marine
July 14, 2004, 6:15 am
Well this idea isn't necessary, but it'd be nice if it was added anyway.

Jap_man
July 14, 2004, 11:24 am
Throwing weapons.... it would be an unecessary feature in soldat really.

sativa
July 14, 2004, 11:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
regardless marine, you'll still be dead, by that time, they would have re-loaded, and fragged you into tiny little pieces, and emptied a clip into the remains

@sative*sniff sniff* halo?? and dont you already do that when you are occupiying the same place as another person, try it next time you play, look for an idle, and hit "fire" a few times...

not halo, my pc is to slow for halo or any kind of that game its from soldiers of fortune 2 that was cool while it lasted