( search forums )
Timeline Project - Latest level (Gettysburg)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Leo Da Lunerfox
July 13, 2004, 9:07 pm
Single Player maps

After the release of the first ever single player map, ctf_Berlin, I have now planned of the next project that me and hopefully some members of the SML will do. SoulSnipa already gave me the thumbs up, so I'll be the leader for this project.

Basically, this campaign will be a series of maps that start from the dawn of gunpowder, to the modern age, maps will include:

The battle of Lexington - Complete!
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16368

Civil War, Gettysburg The battle of Little Round Top - Complete!
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19125

WWI
WWII (Dunno yet)
ColdWar - Complete (Ctf_Berlin, but it needs fixing)
Vietnam - (Possibly Jungle Assault, or I'll make a new map)
Korean War (Havn't thought of the battle either)
Black Hawk Down
and last but not least, Iraq

Feel free to give out any map suggestions, or certain major battles that i have missed out on, plus, if you happen to be really good at history, some information would be most welcome.

peemonkey
July 13, 2004, 9:31 pm
which iraq war? do them both

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 9:44 pm
I like the Idea, although your timeline is a bit off, the korean war takes place after ww2, but before vietnam, and the cold war takes place after vietnam, but before rawanda ( black hawk down ), not trying to flame, just going off your posted timeline...

I'd like to help in some way, I'll PM you my e-mail address, let me know what I can do....

Soulsnipa
July 13, 2004, 9:47 pm
cold war was from 1950-1989 am I wrong?

Soulsnipa
July 13, 2004, 9:49 pm
For the iraq war...it can be the same map...just like in the second version more advanced and some rubble where old buildings were...thatd be tight :D

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 13, 2004, 10:14 pm
I think this would go well, because I'm going to try and implantment different goals to each map.

The Battle of Lexington - Stop the English (Bots) from getting to the ammunition depot that you'll need for the battle.

Civil War - I ono, still have no idea what to do with that....thinking of the "Free the Slaves" kind of thing

WWI - Thinking of using Fortress-y, just a normal, CTF map.

WWII - Thinking of Concentration camps

Cold War - Berlin

Korean - still no idea

Vietnam - no idea

BlackHawkDown - inf map, get in, save the VIP, get out. (Map idea credited to Hunter)

First Iraq war - no idea yet

Second Iraq war - Well, what else is there? Find Saddam!

Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 10:30 pm
Have one of them be like the Beaches in Saving Private Ryan...

hell, someone already made one I believe.

That'd be a great WWII map.

SigHunter
July 13, 2004, 10:33 pm
i like the princip of the maps, makes realy fun with some friends against 8 bots or smth :>
but the berlin map is mapped a little bit ugly and many bugy -.-
especially at the bridge
i love it :>

peemonkey
July 13, 2004, 11:06 pm
brandt, yer talking bout normandy, and there's been more than 30 maps of that one, and only 1 or 2 were even 'ok'. let's not have leo make ANOTHER [:-censored]ty map.

July 13, 2004, 11:10 pm
I think vietnam should be some kinda teammatch on survival... You get about 2 friendly bots and maybe about 15 enemies?
EDIT
Also, I'd be happy to help out with the areas in my SML membership...

Alamo
July 13, 2004, 11:10 pm
i would like afghanistan under russian occupation :)

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 11:25 pm
ooh, afghanastan during the russian occupation, that was all kinds of nasty...

Deleted User
July 14, 2004, 12:29 am
Your probably right Monkey..

I did only play that map once.

But yea...Dont do what I say.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 14, 2004, 12:43 am
no way am i gonna make a nomandy map, that would make my reputation go right down the drain...I'm thinking, a Concentration camp map, where you can be a Jew that had collected a bunch of weapons, and is planning a resistence to escape.

OR

Be a Nazi where you have to stop the Jews, i don't know which one to do though, I think you guys would choose to be a Jew though, your choice.

Deleted User
July 14, 2004, 3:01 am
Make it start out like most shooting games...

You end up having to beat a guard up with your fists, then use his weak gun to beat up another with a pistol, then so on and so forth until your hijacking spaceships.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 14, 2004, 3:04 am
um.......Brandt, there is no way in hell i could EVER do that, because players don't start out without weapons, and if i disable everything, the bots wouldn't carry anything either, so either way, it wouldn't work. I would love to have Micheal make weapon spawns and such, but i don't know if he even reads these. So if you are reading this Micheal, i would sure love some support from you :)

Soulsnipa
July 14, 2004, 4:45 am
Sticky, maybe post on SML forums for a job or two...we always are in need of help. We got 5 projects to finish...with 3 people!

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 14, 2004, 5:03 am
Yeah, i would need some people for my division to create some scenaries and such.

Deleted User
July 14, 2004, 10:17 am
im mostly a WW2 and vietnam guy so i dont know mutch about the time line or other wars but what about the Gulf war did u put that on ther?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 14, 2004, 11:38 am
yes, someone suggested the Gulf war to me earlier today, so yeah, I'm going to do that one too.

Spectral
July 24, 2004, 10:52 pm
i was gonna say normandy for WWII, but i guess that's scraped

For vietnam perhaps a paratrooper type thing, the americans must descend from a high location (planes) and fall into a very thick jungle infested with the vietcong, and must reach the flags located at a building or something

As for the civil war, i don't think you should have the map be based on freeing slaves, as the true premise of the war was fighting for the unity of America. Perhaps it could be the Union soldiers defending against Pickett's charge at Gettysburg.

Good luck with this project.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 25, 2004, 12:44 am
yeah, i was just making a joke for that civil war, yes, the civil war will be in Gettysburg, i even did my research :P But, right now, SML is working on Lexington, the first level of the project. Stay tuned for news of the progress.

Skate4Razors
July 25, 2004, 5:03 pm
I can't wait to play these lvls! NICE IDEA MAN!

Marine
July 26, 2004, 12:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
I like the Idea, although your timeline is a bit off, the korean war takes place after ww2, but before vietnam, and the cold war takes place after vietnam, but before rawanda ( black hawk down ), not trying to flame, just going off your posted timeline...

I'd like to help in some way, I'll PM you my e-mail address, let me know what I can do....

The Cold war was a war of words from the end of WWII to 1989. Vietnam was in between those.

Black Hawk Down took place in Somolia, in Mogadishu.

Perhaps for the Vietnam War - the assault on Hamburger Hill? (1969)

Spectral
July 26, 2004, 4:25 am
i think korean war is unecessary, nothing pops into my mind of what could be used

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 26, 2004, 6:40 am
Anyone with a knowledge of the Korean War enlighten us with some details of the battles that were fought there? Include a link if anyone finds material that is related to that.

Hamburger hill eh....I'll also need some details on that too...

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 28, 2004, 7:39 am
Ok, I've completed all of the layouts of the maps on paper, and I'm working on Lexington right now, expect to have it done within the next 2 weeks or so (Have to wait until Droopy comes back so he can shade). Also, the Campaign is going to have 6 different objectives, so you don't always do the same thing over and over.

Objectives are:

Assault: Simple, get from here to there

Guardian: Guard the flag from the incoming bots, until the time limit runs out. (No capping for players!)

Alamo: A Ctf game, but vs the bots, and having huge stacked teams.

Protect the VIP: One player starts out with flag, and has to get to the other flag. If the VIP dies, someone else could take the flag, or for a touch of realism, /restart. (Admin enforced)

Frontline: A reverse Ctf game, where you must push the enemy far back into their base, and then capture the flag.

Evacuation: Surrounded by enemies, players must fight their way from the middle to the map, all the way to the left/right side, taking the flag (W/e that they needed to rescue), then fighting back to the right/left side to the drop zone.

If anyone has anymore game modes that they can think of using ctf flags, please post here. Don't be afraid to post if you think that it is stupid, just post and we'll refine it or something if its a good idea.

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 2:17 am
i dont really have a gamemode idea, its mroe of a gameplay idea.

I think, that in lexington and gettysburg, the player should only have the ruger (which i think is the closest weapon to a musket.)

Perhaps you could have an "old west" map, where you can introduce deagles. and socom.

then in WWI, introduce like an MG. maybe grenades...

WWII, the mother of all wars. introduce another weapon, prolly an mg.

Cold war, introduce the AK.

Vietnam, introduce the LAW. maybe the barret.

Korea, i dunno much about that war.maybe you can introduce m79.... (for lack of anything.)

BHD, introduce spas and... another mg...

Iraq, all weapons now available...

I dunno it prolly doesnt add up. but i think if you put it in the readme, then ppl will actually use the weapons form that time period, they gotta read the readme neway to find out objectives, right?

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 4, 2004, 11:45 am
That is a great idea Yin, but therein lies a huge problem, because as far as i know, the only way that this will work is if there is a server for every single level that I'm going to make. And I know that this will be near impossible to do, because no one is going to host a server where it only playes one Custom map. So, as an Alternative, I made bots for every level of the Campaign, and yes, the Lexington map is going to have Ruger bots, but for some reason, they sometimes use different weapons too, dunno why that is. oh, and Lexington is almost done, should be released in two to three days now, stay tuned for the Project's first Guardian map.

Jap_man
August 4, 2004, 1:33 pm
I'm really suprised hardly anything has been said about WW1.
I think the WW1 map should be a CTF map resembling the Trench warfare in France or something like that.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 6, 2004, 12:08 am
August 5th, 2004, ctf_Lexington Finished

papasurf31
September 18, 2004, 8:10 pm
Make it so that any bots on your team have superior skills and bots on the opposing team have lees skills (such as lower accuracy and aggresiveness). Custom bots might have to be made. Survival mode (on) also seams to be a neccasary factor, or a time limit, or both to be realistic. Speaking of realistic, should that be on when playing these maps?

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 19, 2004, 7:36 pm
yeah, any of these can be done, just set em up the way you like it, or read the readme file inside the zip for specific instructions.

Toumaz
October 7, 2004, 2:05 pm
Toumaz likes this.
Toumaz also likes Saving Private Ryan.
Toumaz cries watching Saving Private Ryan.

Well, this is a great idea! I will download it when it's ready.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 13, 2004, 6:06 pm
Sorry guys, I havn't been the must active mapper lately, but theres been alot of schoolwork and stuff happening. But I've drawn plans for the next map, ctf_Gettsburg, and I'll make sure, no matter how busy I am, to make and publish it by Christmas.

Deleted User
November 14, 2004, 2:51 am
I like this idea, Leo_Da_Lunerfox. I've always thought the idea of a single-player mode for Soldat would be awesome.

Keep up the great work!

Skate4Razors
November 14, 2004, 2:57 am
Hey, tell me if ya need any help on MSN, or in here!

MercyM
November 14, 2004, 1:03 pm
Don't forget Winter War!

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 4, 2004, 9:22 pm
December 4th, 2004, ctf_Gettysburg Finished

Tyrant
December 23, 2004, 12:41 am
Why not the war of 1812? You play as an Indian with the Rambo and protect Canadians from the invading Americans. What do you guys think?

Vijchtidoodah
December 23, 2004, 12:50 am
Hehe, that could be very interesting...

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 23, 2004, 6:15 am
I'll need more details, but it isn't gonna be in the Timeline Project because it doesn't sound importent enough to be a historial event.

KeyesBlob
March 1, 2005, 2:19 am
For the WWII event, how abotu you play a Nazi and have to keep the Jews INSIDE the camp. You can set the Jew bot waypoints to have them trying to get out, and the guards spawn all along the edges of the camp.

Underground tunnels maybe?

mmeaney
March 1, 2005, 3:04 am
Revive this project!!!!!!!!

paramud
March 1, 2005, 3:45 am
yes! i agree! i can not live without teh historical eventz0rs!

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 1, 2005, 8:12 am
Don't worry all, Once I find some way to do an Assault map thats about Trenches, then I can release inf_TrenchRush

As a side note, I'm going to convert all the single player maps to Inf. It seems that it works much better that way.

vash763
March 2, 2005, 1:14 am
what about the alamo?

it could be you on defense against a ton of bots in an inf game even though the ppl in the alamo lost

Korinth
March 2, 2005, 5:20 am
Ok Idea for WWI i think a Argonne Forest would be a cool idea

WW2 Idea may be be in the city of Bastogne (batlle of the bulge) the map would be on big Inf mess like stalingrad but you have the black flag and white flag close to each other...maybe right over a hill or something and bravo would spawn as paratroopers, and Germens would spawn on eather side. there would need to be hevey forts. object is to wait out the germens (alpha) till renforcement arrive (dont let them score so you win)

For the Vietnam one you could spawn in a Helicoptor gunship you would have to clear the place below you and jump down and kill off waves of Vietcons....the Helicoptor could be a simple sencery

Another Idea i think would be kind of cool would be the Sinking of the Bismark....TDM on 2 boats, the Britsh "Rodney or King Goege the V" and try and kill off the bots on the bismarck only gernades, Law and the M79 would be avalibabe

[IMAGE] i got lots of WWII ideas

Edit: To many spelling errors to fix

Marine
March 20, 2005, 7:57 am
That trench map is bloody lovely.

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 20, 2005, 7:12 pm
Well...

I think its too late for Alamo, I'm already on WWI. Although, I'll consider making it after I finish the next few

You guys should see inf_TrenchRush by the end of Spring Break, its a guardian map

I'm not sure about WWII, I'm planning for a P.O.W camp, and the players are Nazis while bots try to escape to the outside

inf_VietCong is in planning right now.

I need infomation on the Korean war

I need something for Black Hawk Down also

Korinth
March 20, 2005, 9:06 pm
Korean war kinda had nothing special about it

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 25, 2005, 7:05 am
Man....so totally dropped this project....*grunts* Alright! At least ONE friggen map by the end of summer! damnit! *slaps self*

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 11:13 am
wooow
This is very old topic. Thought abused. But It started to live again!
That's good in my opinion and I can't wait for new single-player maps.
Good luck.