( search forums )
Audio Problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 10:57 pm
I lose all sound from time to time during games. The audio is cut for about 5-10 seconds and then all the sound comes back.

It's really annoying, just wondering if anyone else has this problem or know how to fix it.

-I have updated sound drivers, video drivers and everything else. I just formated my computer today so everything is fresh.

Tha Doggfather
July 13, 2004, 11:12 pm
ive got the same problem and know other people with it as well.

SERIAL KILLeR
July 13, 2004, 11:40 pm
Start soldat go to the options page and disable explosion effect (at the right).
Everytime u are to close to an explosion ur sound disapears when this is enabled.
I hope that's what causing it..

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 11:42 pm
does it happen when a grenade goes off??

Tha Doggfather
July 14, 2004, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeR
Start soldat go to the options page and disable explosion effect (at the right).
Everytime u are to close to an explosion ur sound disapears when this is enabled.
I hope that's what causing it..

nope, thats not it, ive got it disabled (its so annoying), and ive got the bug too.

BlackSpear
July 14, 2004, 5:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
does it happen when a grenade goes off??

it happens if you are too close to ANY explosion nade, m79, law or cluster, it doesn't matter

BManx2000
July 14, 2004, 5:35 pm
Well, if you hear the ear-ringing sound and muffled explosions, it's the feature, but if you hear absolutely no sound, it's a bug.

b00stA
July 14, 2004, 7:51 pm
Do you have any programs running in the background that could play a sound while playing Soldat? Winamp, mIRC, all instant-messengers, mail programs, error boxes?
Maybe some driver is messed/Soldat tries to share a sound device with another program and fails..

Master Fox
July 19, 2004, 5:57 pm
I throught it was a cool bug like in farcry when u get a nade chucked at u and the sound goes all deft i throught it was suppose to be like that

Kexman
July 19, 2004, 7:39 pm
Maybe you should run the setup and experiment with the "Sound Output Type" and "Sound Driver List" options. I also had some problems with the sound, but i managed to fix it this way...