( search forums )
"you can't have a server message name"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
swanofnever
July 14, 2004, 12:42 am
hey,
(i realise the futility of this post, but i really just have to vent.)

for a looooong time (well, maybe two years or so), i've had the name "Connection Problem";going by my logs, i've played maybe 1k games of soldat.

NEVER has this happened to me before.

today i was playing on a uraniumgames.com server, when the admin kept kicking me.

his reason: i was "attempting to confuse people" with my name... !!!?!?!?

now, not only is my name _not_ a server message (the real "Connection problem" msg has a small 'p'), it's also displayed in WHITE instead of red, and with [ ] around it!

plus, it's always accompanied by chat text, or an event like "returned the red flag".

i realise that it's their serv and they can do whatever they want, but this is probably the supidest thing i've ever heard of.

if someone is legitimately confused by my name, they should probably not be allowed near a computer because they lack the basic intelligence necessary to operate one. at the very least they deserve to be confused since they're clearly stupid.

even IF someone's confused.. what is the big deal? are they going to kill themselves because they keep seeing "connection problem"?!

to add insult to injury, when i finally gave in and changed my name to "NOT Connection Problem", i was yet again kicked...

wtf?!
raigan
p.s - it would mean a great deal to me if everyone emailed uraniumgames.com and suggested they change their domain to ur-gay-niumgames. because come ON.. are we complete idiots? can we not assume a base level of intelligence and/or comprehension of sarcasm?

July 14, 2004, 12:47 am
Dude... just change your name. The admin can kick whoever s/he wants in his/her own server, so stop whining.
p.s. - No.

swanofnever
July 14, 2004, 1:01 am
hey,
i just find it _extremely_ frustrating when people act as if everyone's as stupid as they are.

raigan

n00bface
July 14, 2004, 1:06 am
i agree it's stupid. you're taking it a bit too far though.

FliesLikeABrick
July 14, 2004, 2:38 am
Yes it is funny-kinda. Yes people are stupid. Yes you are overreacting
-Brick

peemonkey
July 14, 2004, 2:53 am
are you the conn prob who know's jesus's vagina?

Captain RibMan
July 14, 2004, 2:56 am
if you dont like it you make your own server and you let all the people called "yourself" into your game and have a good time

kevith
July 14, 2004, 3:55 am
Anyone who is confused because your name is "Connection Problem" is a moron and you shouldn't want to play in their server anyway.

Denacke
July 14, 2004, 9:05 am
if i'd be playing the game for the first times, and i see that connection problems has joined, and i've never ever had connection problems before, i understand that it can confuse people (note: this is hypotheticly). Plus, your name is indeed retarted, it's like someone with the name "yourself" that thinks he's funny. On top of that, the server admin HAS the last word, so when you're kicked, it's because you're not welcome. No need to argue about that, just get over it.

ps: let's send them thank you letters instead

Element_101
July 14, 2004, 10:18 am
I have to agree with the other guys here. Its the admins choice, find another server to play on trust me if the admin is that stupid its not really worth going to that server is it?

Hitman
July 14, 2004, 12:16 pm
We all have had bad/annoying days, but that doesn't mean we have to make a topic every time it happens. If you want to make a topic like this in the future, do it in the Bash Pit.

Locked.