( search forums )
I have to take some test called the Advas..
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Camping_Carl2
July 14, 2004, 4:32 am
any hints.... lol.. i have to take it tomarrow. so i wont be here guys : \ sorry

i have to go to st louis ;D

Er... i probley spelt the test wrong.. but it sounds like that...

or something like that..

i joined the marines... early.. i go to boot camp next july....
and tomarrow i have to take this test... Eh i really would like some hints on the stuff they throw at you...

Thanks in advance... lol well the next few hours before i have to go to bed :|

-.- yea yea i dont really know why im joining the marines...
Its just i can tell i dont really have a future any where else.

I dont want to work at a factory : \ well ill still play soldat with you guys :P i just need hints for what this test is like :O i hate tests!!!!

Argh and this test seems pretty important there making it out to be.

Captain RibMan
July 14, 2004, 5:06 am
just write the answers on the bottom of your shoes

Noobile
July 14, 2004, 5:30 am
you mean the ASVAB? dont worry about that, thats easy stuff, it consists of math, english comprihension, science, reading comprehension,and an automotive question bit. they're somthing like 30 questions per section, mostly easy questions, just alot of logical thinking involved. Ask your recuiter, (s)he'll let you take a pre-asvab to give you a general idea of how well,or horrible you'll do and what your strengths/weaknesess are in terms of the test itself. honestly, it's nothing too huge to sweat, as soon as you're in basic, you'll see that it wasnt that difficult. Good luck on your test. ooh, and when you get into basic, volunteer for squad leader, it'll take some of the heat off of you when your senior drill has a bad day. and don't flinch/laugh/or cry.....ever. watch somone else do it first, and see what happens to them. thats about the best I can give ya GL

gi.joe
July 14, 2004, 5:47 am
lol so many of u dudes join teh freaking army...

bah

screw that sh1t

Keinonen
July 14, 2004, 2:19 pm
If you had seen what happened in the end of the boot camp in movie "Full Metal Jacket" you would have joined the Salvation Army instead of marines...(actually I really don't think you even joined marine corps)

sativa
July 14, 2004, 2:28 pm
I'm going to the army to when I'm 25 and i haven't found a job by then

Camping_Carl2
July 14, 2004, 2:32 pm
Oy. i did join... thanks Noobile...
eh.. i wish i did know what happend at the end of bootcamp... on that movie.... but its just a movie right?

boot camp is next july... anyways...

and if you dont belive i joined.... Then there should be a way i could prove it.... accept they didnt give me anything... so far i just filled out alot of paper work... and today im going to st louis... to go take the test... i am spending the night at a motel woo fun

Noobile
July 14, 2004, 2:48 pm
Full Metal Jacket is a movie, and should be considered as thus.

but.... "Gunnery Sergant Hartman" the drill instructor, WAS a real drill instructor in the Corps, and through out the movie, he DID NOT act. that is the Least of what you can expect, if your Senior Drill is pissed off that day. At teh end of basic, when you, and every other platoon is done, and you've completed "the crucible" you basically get to be in a parade, for lack of a better term. Talk to your recuiter about the crucible, he'll try and tell you that it's "not that bad" so as to not scare you away... but man, it's hell, thats the only way to describe it. basically a three day, sleep deprived, obsticle course, that only has a single purpose. to make you wash out. stick with it, force yourself through it, and you'll be ok. Good luck.

Kazuki
July 14, 2004, 3:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by gi.joe
lol so many of u dudes join teh freaking army...

bah

screw that sh1t

I second that. Good luck though, Carl. Sounds like you'll need it next year...

bucky_brad
July 14, 2004, 5:56 pm
the marines? i thought they were like the full elite of the american army... or are they just like general infantary... well anywayz i saw a documentary on er... might have been the marines but i dunno, it looks [:-censored]ing hard, like really fuking hard, i just hope you are really fit carl.. well goodluck =P

Noobile
July 14, 2004, 6:12 pm
The Marines arent "elite" as some would say, but they are by far the most extensively trained of any regular United States Military. Every branch of the U.S. military has an "elite" group, the Army has the rangers, jump (paratrooping) qualified. The Navy has the "seals" ( That is tough training, especially the s.e.r.e. program )swim and scuba trained ( wich entails esentially drowning you at one point), I'm not too sure about the Airforce, but I'm sure they do, and finally, the Marines have whats called " Force Recon" skilled marksman, who can accuratly hit a target ( moving, or not) at 900+yds, who's job is basically to go well into hostile territory, usually alone, or part of a 2 man team, and do whats called a "force multiplier" meaning one man does the same amount of physical, and psyclogical damage, as an entire platoon of troops. usually taking out ranking officers, critical supply points/depots, stuff like that. it's probably one of the scariest jobs in the United States Military.

bucky_brad
July 14, 2004, 6:46 pm
ah thats right thats what i saw the documentary on. the navy seals. now thats some frigen hard training

Noobile
July 14, 2004, 7:10 pm
yeah, I'm especially fond of the "lets all stand in a line, and walk out into the atlantic ocean, at midnight,and sit there till the sun comes up, while a nice warm fire is burning on the beach" part. yeah that sounds like a good ol' time. but in retrospect, Force recon has a training seminar dealing with camoflague, you have to throw on a ghille suit, and crawl nearly 500yds without being spotted by your instructor, who is on a platform, with binoculars, in order to pass, you have to get within 100yds of him, and tell him how many fingers he's holding up.... if you fail, pack your bags, start over.

Captain RibMan
July 15, 2004, 5:01 am
full metal jacket was a satiracle movie that came out after nam i think so its prolly exaggurated

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 5:25 am
not really....basic training is nearly the same, minus the physicl contact between your senior drill, and a recruit, other than that, for me anyway, it was almost exactly identical ( different people, different time...) they are purposefully mean, cruel, and nasty to you. they will call you scum, they will treat you like the scum you are, because there, you ARE scum,and you will reply "sir, yes sir, this recruit IS scum, sir" (don't ask why they make you talk in third person all the time, just try not to laugh visibly while doing it)... a few things to remember, granted it's been 41/2 years, some stuff I've blocked out, and it's all coming back now, no matter what you do, don't EVER have sex with a female marine, yeah, about 90% of them will screw anything that walks, and has a heartbeat, but at a price? get my meaning? and DO NOT EVER bounce a single check. that'll land you 6months in the brig, it's considered theft, and you'll recive whats called " 6,6, and a kick" meaning 6mos. brig, 6mos with out reciving pay, and a kick out the door, it goes on your permenant record, and you'll have whats referred to as an OTH, or other than honorable discharge, meaning, you'll NEVER have a real job, in the real world, again.....except in disneyland, they'll hire OTHs because (history lesson!!) Walt Disney, the founder of Disney, was in the Marines, and given an OTH, and his policy was, "even they can have a job here" wich still remains to this day....wheeee long winded....

bucky_brad
July 15, 2004, 9:22 am
hey noobile got anymore good stories?

Keinonen
July 15, 2004, 10:17 am
Erm... Actually I ment that Carl could get into the same situation as the man who comes crazy and shoots the drill sergant and blows his own brains all over the wall in the end of the boot camp...

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 2:53 pm
nah...carl'd have to be either..
1) stupid
2) psychotic
3) never had fired a gun in his life
1&2 I doubt. 3 I have no clue about...but, Pvt. Pyle, in the movie, was definately psychotic, I'd have to go with PTSD, but I'm not a psycologist. the biggest problem that carl will have, is the other Marines who say " well, I shot my daddy's shotgun once"(put that into an alabama accent) and think they know their stuff about guns, those guys tend to blow their brains out, mostly by accident, there are the occasional nutbags, however, I heard a story once,(just for you bucky) about a recruit who couldn't hack it, but he stayed in, got to grenade training, and instead of doing as he was supposed to, he put the grenade down his senior drill's flack vest, the drill instructor gave him a great big hug before he could get away though.

bucky_brad
July 15, 2004, 5:51 pm
haha, great thanks.