( search forums )
SML-sp_jungleStrike is here!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Soulsnipa
July 14, 2004, 4:52 am
SML first project near Completion, Ctf_Junglestrike is about to be released. I'm very excited about this release because I KNOW you all will enjoy it. Not only is this a great map, it can be run in many different modes.

Single Player: Bucky's great idea that you go through the map with bots on one team, and just urself (I suggest another online player) on the your team. This map is extremely tough, try 16 impossible bots and just yourself, and please contact me when you beat it--because it will be very tough.

2v1 (Human vs Human): Have 1 human on red, and have the other 2 on blue. Start the game, and give the human a time limit or a certain amount of deaths to try to reach the end. No typing /kill if you are on blue, thats cheating!

Hide-n-Seek: This map has so many hiding places, its not even funny. Self Explainable from here.

Infiltration: Normal infitration may work.

Race Map: Kinda a stretch but it might be pretty good...just start on red and no one can land using there parachute try to make it to the end.

Secrets: Secrets fill the map to help your battle against evil. Search for them, and may they help you! Theres about 4 or 5.

Directions for map:
Easy (includes Bonuses-medkits,grenades):Turn off survival if it is on. Play either realistic for covert, or play w/o for full time action. Go co-op, and set at 16 Impossible Bots, or go by yourself, setting 10 or so bots. Stationary guns are on, all guns, and all bonuses. Set a 30 minute time limit when you start and increase it until you get better.

Hard: Turn on survival...start a Teammatch. Switch to junglestrike (/map ctf_junglestrike) and begin the map. Do everything as said above, but this way you cannot die. If you do, the game restarts. But the bots do not respawn either :).

Good luck, this map will keep you entertained.

Post your High Scores for 2 player co-op and single player on both hard and easy.

Overview:
[IMAGE]

Map Info Page and Download:
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/index.php?p=omapinfo&map_name=JungleStrike

Current Leaders:
Easy Single:
Easy Co-op:

Hard Single:
Hard Co-op:

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 14, 2004, 5:05 am
Yes, a great map indeed, this is about as hard as my single player map, Berlin, Soul, don't release it yet, i want to redo those waypoints so they work correctly and perfect.

Cookie.
July 14, 2004, 7:59 pm
omg what a waste of forum space.... u posted nothing about the map really... just that its hard theres no screenshots nothing! rawr...

N1nj@
July 14, 2004, 8:51 pm
lock this thread man

Deleted User
July 14, 2004, 8:54 pm
No active moderators here on mapping forums. Noone to lock this topic.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 14, 2004, 9:12 pm
Soul is just excited about this map, he knows the rules, leave him be, the map is almost all done now anyways, should be released today.

Alamo
July 14, 2004, 9:46 pm
2h15min ... Let's see if he makes it ^^

FliesLikeABrick
July 15, 2004, 12:05 am
Even though im not an avid mapper, im anxious to see what SML has to show for itself. (even if you lock this thread, they'll just open another one in a day or three to release the map)
-Brick

edit: map released, rate it: http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/index.php?p=omapinfo&map_name=JungleStrike

N1nj@
July 15, 2004, 12:14 am
then why don't they just make a thread when the map is FINISHED

Soulsnipa
July 15, 2004, 12:20 am
because I was going to post it last night, but I want to make it perfect. Anywho, quit complaining geesh, its just one little space. If you actually wanted some screenshots you could go to http://smleague.no-ip.com, go to the forums, sign up and view the production screenshots. Or...you can wait and let it be a surprise. I was going to finish the post but I will wait, because I ran into a custom scenery bug, and had to redo about 2 hours worth of mapping. Now we are down to making the waypoints/spawns perfect, then it will be released. Be patient.

Melba
July 15, 2004, 5:50 pm
is that a penis in the top right corner?
:S

Droopy
July 15, 2004, 7:11 pm
Thats none of my work... I havent even touched that part... Luner aded that... that... PINK thing!

(runs away)

Soulsnipa
July 15, 2004, 8:17 pm
It was worse before, I tried fixing it....but to no avail!

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 15, 2004, 10:09 pm
It wasn't me! I....uh.....don't know what that is.......just.....um......pretend its a normal landscape ok?

Soap
July 15, 2004, 10:51 pm
It looks a bit... flat to me. The lighting isn't bad, not bad at all.

Soulsnipa
July 15, 2004, 11:01 pm
It wasnt supposed to be all flying around and all that. This map was meant to go straightfoward, destroying the enemies in the path. Trust me, when your playing you forget how it looks, and love the gameplay.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 18, 2004, 8:30 am
hey come on guys, lets stop this and actually comment on the map itself.

Spectral
July 25, 2004, 4:26 pm
having a way to get out of that bridge on the bottom from the right of it would be nice

Soulsnipa
July 25, 2004, 5:05 pm
No its only there for the bots to shoot you from overhead, or you to go on and shoot down on the camp. Its meant to have only 1 path to win.

grand_diablo
July 25, 2004, 7:44 pm
Spam & bitching deleted.

Forum Rules edited.