( search forums )
Zoom in/out
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 14, 2004, 9:09 am
Hi, im new to Soldat and I enjoy it very much, but I do think there should be something added in it that would make it more fun. I feel there should be a zoom in and out feature where u can see your guy closer because that far view really hurts my eyes and it gets confusing sometimes when I see like 10 guys on the same platform all shooting at eachother.

Other than the no zoom in and out feature I think the game is perfect.

Please consider adding this feature if there is going to be a next patch. Thank you for reading.

Unlucky 13
July 14, 2004, 9:18 am
Not a bad idea, nice thinking, but not all would use it, as it would give u less vision around u. it would be good 4 finding campers in near-by bushes and sniping, but, other than that, not too useful 2 me. others can use it 4 other reasons 2.

Alamo
July 14, 2004, 9:42 am
I would not use it because of the reason given. And because nearly noone would use it, it would be completely useless (like the sniperline).

b00stA
July 14, 2004, 1:43 pm
Zooming in (as in making something look bigger (not looking away like the Barret)) would make it look like crap.

Michal
July 14, 2004, 5:11 pm
Would you want it to zoom-in/out on the player, or on the crosshair?
I think this feature would sometimes be useful.

Deleted User
July 14, 2004, 5:40 pm
He means zooming in on the player.

What boosta said.

Kazuki
July 14, 2004, 6:09 pm
Boosta is right. Maybe it's your vision? =\

Noobile
July 14, 2004, 6:18 pm
IMHO, this would be a bad idea, esentially limiting your vision to a small dot, therby blinded to the rest of the map, and, well, we can all imagine where that goes. as far as zooming out, same problem, just situation reversed, you see teh whole field, but at what cost? limited target/poly recognition, basically the same as trying to read a book, printed in size 2 font....

Marine
July 14, 2004, 9:03 pm
Hm, zooming in on the cursor sounds interesting...

Otherwise, it looks good, but when you really think about it, it's not :-\

July 14, 2004, 11:05 pm
Instead, you could just buy a giant monitor. Voila, big soldat.

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 1:55 am
/me wonders what soldat looks like on a 52inch gas/plasma flatscreen tv.......

Marine
July 15, 2004, 2:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Noobile

Haha! I gotta try that [8D]

FliesLikeABrick
July 15, 2004, 2:55 am
hmm, the idea doesnt strike me as good. sry boys
-Brick

kevith
July 15, 2004, 3:13 am
Welcome to Soldat, Snypes. This idea strikes me as unnecessary. Especially since I can't think of ANY time when I would ever zoom in. I don't understand why you would want to zoom in the scenario you described either.
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
Probably very pixelated... just like if you were really zoomed in ;)

N1nj@
July 15, 2004, 3:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Marine

Otherwise, it looks good, but when you really think about it, it's not :-
wtf are you saying, make up your damn mind. and your post has no meaning to it, is like saying "I hate apple and I like apple too"

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 4:36 am
Well i still think that zooming in and out would be a good idea, it would be easier to spot campers, easier for closer combat and a bit easier to target because the bigger something is the better shot you will have on it.

And what I ment by zoom out, not zoom out so you can see the whole screen(map),but like this : you know how the screen size is now? well thats the furthest you could zoom out, zooming in is the main feature here but having a zoom in without zooming back out to the normal size would be horrible.

I hope i clearified my message now.

Kazuki
July 15, 2004, 4:42 am
It's an ok idea, but it's still kind of useless. I guess it all depends on how you play the game. It's not my place to say anything about it.

Marine
July 15, 2004, 5:12 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
quote:Originally posted by Marine

Otherwise, it looks good, but when you really think about it, it's not :-
wtf are you saying, make up your damn mind. and your post has no meaning to it, is like saying "I hate apple and I like apple too"

Oh no, not you again. Must you comment on every one of my posts?

I said at first glance it seems interesting, but when you start thinking about it it doesn't seem that great after all.

kevith
July 15, 2004, 8:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Snypes
Well i still think that zooming in and out would be a good idea, it would be easier to spot campers, easier for closer combat and a bit easier to target because the bigger something is the better shot you will have on it.I think after you've played the game awhile you'll realize how little this would be needed. Sorry to explicitly refer to your nooberty, but that might be the only way you see where we're coming from on this one.

systemfeind
July 15, 2004, 10:30 am
i dont like the idea. it would be very hard to implement and will give ppl another point to whine about