( search forums )
Bazooka loading time
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 4:53 am
Hey guys I have another Idea that i think would be a bit more fair for the game.

I think that the bazooka (secondary weapon) should load up a tiny bit faster than it does after you fire it. I know alot of you are gonna say "Well thats a dumb idea considering its one of the most powerful weapons in the game...". I agree its very strong but I feel it loads a bit to slow, here is an example why I think it should be a bit (not to much) faster:

The grenade launcher (i think its called the m79 or something like that im not sure,its a primary weapon) is very powerful,one direct hit with that and you are dead, that is the exact same how the bazooka is (for power just about) but the grenade launcher loads very fast. Yes bazookas do take long to load rockets, but not as long as it does in the game.

Atleast one person has to agree a bit with me on this.

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 5:14 am
The L.a.w. is a single shot weapon in real life, you're lucky it has a re-load at all...besides, it's balanced due to the amouunt of damage it does already. you can easily kill two or threee people with a single shot, why be faster?

Niff
July 15, 2004, 5:15 am
Yeah, I do agree slightly in that. I mean, all the other secondaries can defeat primaries easily if you're good with them. A SOCOM can take down two people in one clip, knife as many as you like and the chainsaw depends on how close you are to someone. A LAW just takes so freaking long to reload and it can kill one person every.. 10 seconds?

Maybe like, take 3 seconds off? I dunno. Depends what Michal thinks.

frogboy
July 15, 2004, 5:43 am
There's a weapons editor in the next version, you can fix it then.

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 5:50 am
that thing is gonna kill this game......ph33r teh mini-barret-law noobs!!! who use wallhack/speedhack

Silent-Thunder
July 15, 2004, 5:56 am
respond with a negative damage weapon lol.

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 5:57 am
lol i dont know why anyone would want to hack this game anyways, it would take all the fun out, and thats alota fun ya know. Still i dont think it would be cheap, i strongly belive it would be a bit more fair.

The Geologist
July 15, 2004, 10:00 am
Run into someone who knows how to place those LAW shots effectively, and you'll see just how fair the timing already is. Down with the weapons editor..

systemfeind
July 15, 2004, 10:28 am
as said you can be lucky that the law is reloading because in rl its crap after a shot. after school i had to go to the military for 12months and we exercised with bazookas too and i can tell you that a reload in the rl takes MUCH MORE time than in soldat. and i think its ok right now.

yeah i think the weapon editor will kill the game!!! i hope michal will make a better decision!

sativa
July 15, 2004, 10:30 am
and direct m79 does not kill you all the time specially when you are in mid air, sometimes they shoot you it hurts you but does not kill you only giving you a speed boost and its sometimres to onb the ground

b00stA
July 15, 2004, 1:18 pm
1. Read the sticky.
2. No topics about weapon balance.
3. 1.2.0 (21.01.2004)
LAW: shorter reload time, can be fired only from full crouch or prone, 1 second delay on start
4. The LAW is just fine.

Meandor
July 15, 2004, 2:35 pm
Other secondaries don't even have half of the LAW range anyway.

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 2:36 pm
^^ agrees completely.