( search forums )
Polygon Layering (layers)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 5:07 am
Ok, so is the latest polygon i draw going to be on top? is there a way to change this, move things around so one is on top of the other? anything on that would be a big help.

Also, i draw a big poly, then i draw a small one in the middle of that one.. its on top, but i can't select it. it will only select the big poly surrounding it. how can i get around this with out movign or deleting the bigger poly?

Soulsnipa
July 15, 2004, 5:10 am
You have to move it to select it...just use shift and move one corner, that way u can move it back into place.

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 6:38 am
cool, yeah i just figured out that i can move corners. which is nice.
is there a way to get the polys to be behind the player? so ya know
you can construct some background stuff with polys that are set to no collide, and have the player be on top/infront of them?

Tha Doggfather
July 15, 2004, 11:56 pm
no, but you can make scenery of your polygons and then its possible.

Deleted User
July 16, 2004, 4:12 am
ok that gives me hope. but how? i've made scenery of what i needed. and i've tried all 3 things. Behind Everything, Behind Map, and In Front of Everything and all of them are in front of the player character. any help on this will be very appriciated.
thanks

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 16, 2004, 8:18 am
The Behind Everything....etc only appiles to scenaries, there is no way that a created poly could go behind the player.

Tha Doggfather
July 16, 2004, 5:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by rv_el
ok that gives me hope. but how? i've made scenery of what i needed. and i've tried all 3 things. Behind Everything, Behind Map, and In Front of Everything and all of them are in front of the player character. any help on this will be very appriciated.
thanks

Behind everything should work, behind map is still in front of the player. Just make sure you select behind everything before you place the item on the map.

grand_diablo
July 19, 2004, 11:45 am
K, you can also make different background layers (means: scenery behind the player).

It depends on in which order you place em. If you make a background map for example, u need to place the background image as the first one "Behind everything". The other "behind everything" scens you place on the map will appear in front of the background pic then. Same goes with "Behind Map" and "In front of everything" sceneries.

Droopy
July 22, 2004, 10:46 am
Wouldn it be easier to just read the map making manual?

grand_diablo
July 22, 2004, 3:22 pm
I dunno how far this is explained there, so i did (i have actually never read it, all i used was the help function of the MM ^^)