( search forums )
Microphone use
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 5:43 am
Hey guys its me with another one of my ideas (yall must be gettin sick of em now lol).

Anyways I think that the game would be cool if you could use your microphone to communicate to your teammates, like in counter-strike.

Im not sure if it could be done though depends on what yall think, cuz then again im just a noob.

frogboy
July 15, 2004, 5:45 am
Search.

It's been suggested before, and people have just said to use TeamSpeak or something behind Soldat.

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 5:47 am
He said CS....BURN HIM AT TEH STAKEZORZZ!!!!1one

just as a warning, dont in any way compare CS to soldat, you will recive one hell of a flaming. and uh, try this, http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/search.asp I know this has been discussed before. teamspeak works, but your team needs to have it too...

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 5:54 am
lol someone doesnt like cs hahah, anyways i havent looked through all of the forums yet to see such comment but i guess there goes my originality for that idea lol. Anyways i just thought that ingame microphone use would be a cool idea, yea i use teamspeak when im playin this with my buddies also, but i just like to talk to my whole team without having to use a different program ya know, makes it better to team play with the team.

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 9:51 am
just use TeamSpeak on the background if you are playing with some friends.
very usefull [;)]
You could have tought this by your own :duh();

MercyM
July 15, 2004, 10:00 am
I use Teamspeak2 often i play soldat, more fun!

Unlucky 13
July 15, 2004, 10:12 am
im always using TEAMSpEAk and Chat too often too! Maybe u should have a speach bubble over ur head while in chat or the menu, like in Star Wars, JK:JA. then u no if somm1 is talking, and u (prolly) wont kill 'em

systemfeind
July 15, 2004, 10:24 am
noobile dont flame so much about cs. why shouldnt soldat have a few features which made cs already very popular? its not good if the game doesnt improve only because to be not too similar to cs.
(i dont like cs too but for example i would like to see a headshot icon in the death console im some1 died by a headshot, and thats already implemented in cs)

the idea with using voice over soldat is good because it allows you to talk easy to the others without knowing them or invite them to your teamspeak server. the contra is that this would cause much more traffic = more server costs and maybe more lag and i think michal will never implement it because of that reason and because it would be a damn hard work.

Niff
July 15, 2004, 12:35 pm
quote:Soldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike and gives you fast action gameplay with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other on 2D battle arenas using a deadly military arsenal. This is what multiplayer was invented for.
^ From teh homepage.

Comparing CS to Soldat isn't a bad thing, you see, it's on the main page!

Noobile
July 15, 2004, 2:34 pm
*shrug* ok, do whatever you want..... I was saying that this community, doesnt like soldat being compared to CS. yes, the idea of fast action was given credit to cs, but those are the only similaraties...sure michal probably played cs, but in all reality, the similarities noted were a marketing tool, used to draw some of the cs audience into this flock, same for mentioning liero, and worms. marketing.