( search forums )
Help Please
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
July 16, 2004, 2:30 am
I downloaded soldat fine, and then the game fix. After I'm done, do I have to register by paying 9 dollars to play? Because no games come up where it says join game.

The other thing was, on the start game screen, I hit the start game icon and then it says something like error loading soldat/texture/... some other mumbo jumbo then shuts down. Anyone know what I should do?

morpheus
July 16, 2004, 3:36 am
in the lobby, check internet

Kazuki
July 16, 2004, 3:44 am
Well, you should first look at the 'Common Bugs/Problems' sticky before posting.

For the second problem, you either messed with your textures, or the map you're trying to run has a texture that you don't have. If you try to run a map like ctf_B2b and it still says the same thing, then you need to reinstall Soldat.

As for your primary problem. It's one of 2 problems. The first thing I would do is to go into your soldat folder and open up 'lobby_server.txt.' Make sure that it says 'lobby.soldat.pl.' File -> Save. Close out of that and check if that solved the problem. If not, then it's a firewall problem. You need to lower or shut off your firewall in order to get the servers.