( search forums )
The stupid orange color
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
CbbLe
July 16, 2004, 8:03 am
When you type text, in this forum, the marker(is that the correct word) turns orange..it's very hard to see...can you make it to an easier color?

small detail, but those are important too...

Unlucky 13
July 16, 2004, 8:12 am
marker??? what marker??? i dont see any marker! what, the mouse doesnt, the flashy cursor thingy isnt (to an extent) and the text goes green, so MAKE MORE SENSE!

DNA.styx
July 16, 2004, 9:20 am
CbbLe, can you post a screen shot of what you mean.

Unlucky 13, keep clam m8..

Soulsnipa
July 16, 2004, 9:22 am
he means the flashing thing for the test inserting. Like the bar that stays in front of your latest character typed.

EDIT:looks more grey to me. Maybe its orange..not sure. Nah its the same color as the cursor which is grayish.

kevith
July 16, 2004, 11:19 am
Yeah, that gray cursor is pretty hard to find sometimes. But like CbbLe said, it's a small detail.

Unlucky 13
July 16, 2004, 11:22 am
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
CbbLe, can you post a screen shot of what you mean.

Unlucky 13, keep clam m8..

soz, stressing times..

DNA.styx
July 16, 2004, 11:25 am
Yea, I lose it sometimes as well, anyone know if you can change the cursor colour server side? (last time I checked the answer was no)

Unlucky 13
July 16, 2004, 11:41 am
maybe if u change some of the forum coding (like under the "cursor colur" scripting) it could work. if not, the bakground is the one making it blend in... but the colours look 2 good [:(] so i hav no idea. unless u could make it that u can hav ur own colur scheme 4 the forum on ur profile, DNA, maybe...

DNA.styx
July 16, 2004, 12:00 pm
While it's possible, I don't want folks to be able to change the look & feel of the forum too much from how Michal set it up....but just changing the text cursor would be good.

CbbLe
July 16, 2004, 12:30 pm
ye, it's darn annoying!!! change the world styx..fight for me..the little man! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!! *kisses styx on the cheek*

Unlucky 13
July 16, 2004, 12:37 pm
did michal set this up? i thort this was all u styx. well, then that changes it, michals way is good... or maybe we should hav a color vote?
EDIT: Scrap that last bit...quote:or maybe we should hav a color vote?

b00stA
July 16, 2004, 2:04 pm
I think the only thing you can do is change the background color of the textarea (where you type your reply..).

N1nj@
July 16, 2004, 2:16 pm
I never lose track of the text cusor...you guys have some problem with you eyes =0

peemonkey
July 16, 2004, 2:22 pm
what's it matter? move it around, and if you cant see it, get thicker glasses, nerds!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAa*starts coughing uncontrollably*

DNA.styx
July 16, 2004, 3:36 pm
guys, keep the funnies to the Lounge or Bash pit please.

BManx2000
July 16, 2004, 3:37 pm
Why would an orange cursor be hard to see? It's the opposite color to blue ffs! In fact, I think the cursor automatically changes to be the opposite color of the background.

EDIT:
And it turns out that the cursor is easier to see in firefox, which means all must switch to it!

SuperKill
July 16, 2004, 4:09 pm
what the hell...orange ?
i cant see anything orange ;|

CbbLe
July 16, 2004, 4:14 pm
bah, ..there must be a better color than this...black would be nice (or make the cursor thicker)

BManx2000
July 16, 2004, 4:23 pm
As I said, the color of the cursor is determined by the color of the background. As such, its color cannot be changed. Try placing the cursor over some text and the top of the reply box to see. However, IT IS EASIER TO SEE IN FIREFOX...

N1nj@
July 16, 2004, 5:31 pm
uhh, in IE, it is kinda orangy...

http://soldatleagues.com/public/this.jpg

Noobile
July 16, 2004, 5:42 pm
IE is teh 3vol, let the penguin save you from all your microproblems, and softqualms. So speaketh the Linus, my personal lord and jesus christ, savior of the masses, destroyer of the evil Gates of redmond,washington. Bringer of the penguin.

DNA.styx
July 16, 2004, 5:48 pm
Noobile (and anyone out there): WATCH MY LIPS:

guys, keep the funnies to the Lounge or Bash pit please.

quote:Beware the Fury of a patient man
How apt.....

sanity
July 16, 2004, 5:51 pm
Text cursor and blinky thing definitly orange in Opera too...

Kazuki
July 16, 2004, 6:05 pm
Guys, the cursor is grey. The type of browser you use doesn't make a difference. Your operating system is the difference. Windows has a default grey cursor, and no matter where you put it, it's still grey. The only power that Styx and Michal have in this is changing the background color of the reply table. :) If there is any way to get into Windows and change your cursor color, please tell us! lol

Edit: The only reason it looks orange is because you are looking at it next to a dark blue color. In other words, the mind is playing tricks on you.

b00stA
July 16, 2004, 6:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
I think the only thing you can do is change the background color of the textarea (where you type your reply..).

..why does everybody ignore me? :/

The color for the cursor in Opera is #9F876F a pretty pale orange.

BManx2000
July 16, 2004, 6:42 pm
It's also slightly orange in IE as well. Look if you don't believe me, kazuki:

[IMAGE]

Kazuki
July 16, 2004, 8:08 pm
Whoa, that's really weird. lol, Boosta, I only repeated what you said, so it doesn't matter much. :P

Well, how can we find out why it's orange? Seems really strange to me, because it shouldn't be orange.

Soulsnipa
July 16, 2004, 8:40 pm
Its a HINT of orange, but mostly grey.

BManx2000
July 16, 2004, 8:50 pm
It's orange because, as I said before, it is the exact opposite color of the blue background. I even tested it.

DNA.styx
July 16, 2004, 9:06 pm
"I'm drowning here! And you're describing the water" (name that movie [:)])

Are we still saying that it's not possible to change the colour of the cursor, server side?

July 16, 2004, 9:11 pm
it's an inversion of the colour underneath it. Live with it.

CbbLe
July 16, 2004, 9:38 pm
:ยด(

Tha Doggfather
July 16, 2004, 9:47 pm
"I'm drowning here! And you're describing the water" (name that movie [:)])

"As good as it gets", now where's my prize?!

Kazuki
July 16, 2004, 10:10 pm
Are we still saying that it's not possible to change the colour of the cursor, server side?

Yeah, I think that's what we're saying, lol.

Deleted User
July 16, 2004, 11:19 pm
I haven't even noticed the colour. :O And it doesn't even matter imo. I can see it clearly enough.

b00stA
July 16, 2004, 11:55 pm

..by changing the background color in the CSS stylesheet, yes :)

Why don't you just change this line:
textarea {background-color:607890; color: white; border-width:1; border-color:083C08}

replace the background-color with this: 516679
resulting in a clearly visible text cursor?
I guess Michal wouldn't mind..

DNA.styx
July 17, 2004, 12:05 am
but that doesn't change the colour fo the cursor :)

k, will try and see what it looks like...

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 12:34 am
Now i can't see if i have selected some of the text. :(

Unlucky 13
July 17, 2004, 12:46 am
lol, from one thing to the other. this is getting hopeless... how bout you change your cursor flash rate or sommin (control panel>>>keyboard). and Ville, change your highlight colur (control panel>>>display>>>apperance tab)

BManx2000
July 17, 2004, 12:52 am
Change it back, now i looks just out of place.

b00stA
July 17, 2004, 12:55 am
do whatever you want.. can't please everyone.. not even Chakra.

kevith
July 17, 2004, 1:26 am
So did you change the text reply area color? It looks different and the cursor seems easier to see... but maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me.

No, it's definitely a bit easier to see now. I love it!

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 1:27 am
man, who cares, you guys so fuking picky.

thanks DNA.styx for changing it. (don't change it no more, is fine now)

Kazuki
July 17, 2004, 2:31 am
The cursor is so much easier to see now. Thanks Styx. It doesn't look out of place, it looks cool.

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 9:33 am
I want the original color back. :( If you really couldn't see it properly before you have a problem with your eyes. :/

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 2:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
man, who cares, you guys so fuking picky.

thanks DNA.styx for changing it. (don't change it no more, is fine now)

DNA.styx
July 17, 2004, 4:30 pm
Naw, it doesn't fit in any more....but it will do for now...

Hitman
July 17, 2004, 7:07 pm
I like this colour, keep it.

CbbLe
July 17, 2004, 10:53 pm
yea, much better..can't you make the other colors match this instead?