( search forums )
Bloody ground&(push button and bomb explode)bomb?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Mooscu
July 16, 2004, 5:35 pm
what do you think about that, if blood leaves at the ground for some seconds and then disappear? i Think it would be very cool and in survival mode you can follow blood to find enemies in big maps.

I want bomb what explodes when i push button. Little smaller than grenade, but in realistic mode it is lethal.

i aren`t very good with english, so in this message can be many errors

Deleted User
July 16, 2004, 5:43 pm
Ok ideas. Second one could be abused as a mine though. :P

Mooscu
July 16, 2004, 5:48 pm
Mine will be [:-censored], but that bomb would explope only when you push special button!

sanity
July 16, 2004, 5:58 pm
Mooscu: nice ideas... better then mine and u cant even speak english. lol

by the way: lmao@yoursig

DNA.styx
July 16, 2004, 6:01 pm
(moved to suggestions forum)

peemonkey
July 16, 2004, 9:19 pm
also lmao@your sig
blood has been suggested, and so have bombs. use the search function.

Marine
July 16, 2004, 9:40 pm
Both are good.

Kazuki
July 16, 2004, 10:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
blood has been suggested, and so have bombs. use the search function.

That has got to be the best idea that has ever been suggested in this forum.

peemonkey
July 16, 2004, 11:49 pm
i know what's best for soldat...

Melba
July 17, 2004, 12:12 am
quote:
by the way: lmao@yoursig

quote:also lmao@your sig

ihan kiva asia.....i don't get it:(

sanity
July 21, 2004, 6:49 am
i was actually laughing about the triple kill part seeing as he could have killed a few idle players and got that...

Deleted User
July 22, 2004, 4:33 am
i like the blood idea in realistic mode. it'd add a touch of "this twig is still warm...he's around here somewhere..." but it would be pointless in normal mode.

as for remote bombs? you could lobby one next to your flag and splode it when an enemy gets the flag...thats pretty much camping. like the blood, not the bombs.

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 7:33 am
As I've said before

Blood - pointless
Mines - would be abused terribly

I thought everyone would realise by now that mines aren't a good idea. Then some clever player comes into the forums thinking "This idea will rock them right out of their socks," and obliviously posts it.

Darksider
July 22, 2004, 10:47 am
I think Moosku mentioned Radio Controled Bombs. No not little RC cars that have bombs on it...(hmm...that sounds funny!) I mean bombs that you throw or put down, go away some distance and when an enemy reaches the bombs exploding radius...click...BOOM!!...arghhh...

Get it?

DeMonIc
July 22, 2004, 10:54 am
But that would be terribly abused in CTF and inf games, and we can't let that happen.
Blood is a swell idea... because real mode is slowly but surely drowning, and we're gonna need every (even minimaly usefull) improvement to make it survive.

Darksider
July 22, 2004, 11:01 am
This blood thingy is half done in Soldat: If you're in predator mode and you're health is low you have blood on you so you're not totally invisible. You see the blood, but you don't see the guy.

Svirin Kerath
July 22, 2004, 10:08 pm
Hm. yes to blood, no to 'bomb.'

question is, how exactly would the blood pool on the ground? would it go onto the polygons or onto the textures? it'd have to be both! o.o;;

actually, that would be cool... if you pass by an upright texture, like a plank, and blood gets smeared on it...

awesome! nice idea!

Le Ti Jian
July 22, 2004, 10:51 pm
Blood trails would certainly rock, they could enable a whole new game mode;

"Hunter Seeker" - TDM Variant
1 player is on red (hunted)
other players are on blue (hunters)

The aim is for the blue team to find and kill the hunted person. Once the hunted person is injured, then they will of course leave blood trails, which will slowly fade. Blood will be more obvious on different terrains, so it will show up more on white/ice more than on red/normal, etc. etc.

If the hunted player survives for x minutes, or manages to kill all of the blue team, then he/she wins. If the blue team manage to take down the hunted player, they win.

Could work for more than one hunted, but it's still a nifty idea, IMO.

IBT
July 25, 2004, 2:03 pm
heh, im wondering is there anyway to disable stuff dissapearing? like bodies and guns? or to disable blood?

Deleted User
July 25, 2004, 9:00 pm
hmmm... C4 would be quite fun!

black-B
July 25, 2004, 9:47 pm
imo, blood would make a lot of lag 'n shii.
So its good as it is.