( search forums )
Autograb weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
brickman
July 16, 2004, 7:47 pm
This is sort of a two parter, but they're very similar. First, often when I lose my socom due to the flamegod bug (or if a knife gets lost, whatever), I have a hard time finding a replacement. Why? Not just because weapons on the ground are hard to see, but because I have to select my fists before getting it. This is not very convienent, because it takes a second to switch weapons and thus to get a knife/extra weapon/whatever off the ground means you're vulnerable for two or three seconds. And you can run on top of ten weapons but not pick up one. Its even worse if you use the minimi, because that charge time leaves you vulnerable even longer and you simply CAN'T survive without a socom. I suggest that you automatically pick up a weapon if you have only one, even if your fist isn't equipped.
Second, since body count gets high and weapons are scattered all over, it can be overly tough to pick up the stupid rambo bow because every time you drop your weapon you pick up someones halfempty rifle or smg or pistol instead of the weapon that you obviously want. So I suggest that you automatically switch to the rambo bow if you get to it first instead of having to drop your weapon first.

Noobile
July 16, 2004, 8:54 pm
well, the flamegod bonus, gives you a flame thrower, since the game does not allow for more than 2 weapons, be glad michal coded it so that you only lose your secondary (or whatever weapon is put away at the time), it's a small loss, you CAN live without a soccom, you'll just have to get good at somthing else. also speed and "sense" are a must to this game, knowing where, and when your enemies are, helps.

with the rambo bow, since there are already tons of weapons lying around, just be patient, you can throw it away too, or if you see that an enemy is close, use it to kill them, before they pick up the bow. it's not nice, but it gets the job done,

peemonkey
July 16, 2004, 9:17 pm
if you cant see the weapons, get glasses. dont like this idea, cuz i wouldnt wanna throw my knife, switch to ak and have a barret on my shoulder when i wanted to pick up a dropped m79.

Kazuki
July 16, 2004, 10:42 pm
Yeah, this isn't too good of an idea. It makes you lose control of the weapon combinations you want. That and the fact that it messes up the whole balance between primary and secondary. Everyone would just drop their secondaries and walk around trying to find other weapons. You can still do that now, but it's a disadvantage because you don't have a weapon while doing it, and will have to switch. If this was to be implemented, you could go around doing whatever you always do and pick up a random gun.

papasurf31
July 18, 2004, 1:08 pm
Kazuki, you could just hold onto your secondary weapon while you search for another primary, and only throw it away when you've found what you need. This leaves you in no vulnurable position.

I agree with brickman about how weapons are barely visible when they're thrown away. I can never see them and I already do wear glasses. They should have liitle indicators telling you there is a weapon on the ground at that location, like a little red floating arrow or something. Other than that though, the rest of his suggestions