( search forums )
Pistol Slides
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
July 17, 2004, 12:38 am
I don't know if it's just me, but the pistols look wierd when they shoot and the slides dont go back. I think Michal M. should put in a frame of animation for the pistols so the slides go backwards on every shot.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I don't have much luck with the search.[:-banghead]

Unlucky 13
July 17, 2004, 12:50 am
Unless he makes multiple d-egales/colt ani's, or makes them ani gifs, he'd get nowhere

BManx2000
July 17, 2004, 12:51 am
PLus the guns look so small you wouldn't see it anyway.

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 1:26 am
lol, exactly, is just a few pixels long

Michal
July 17, 2004, 1:52 am
[:P] I made an animation to show how it would sort of look. (2 pixels make all the difference)

Michal
July 17, 2004, 1:58 am
Argh!

...Maybe this will work...
[url]
http://www.sharemation.com/MZ009/deagles.swf[/url]

Wow, this is really messed up. OK I think the second link works, to shrink it just shrink the browser window.

wormdundee
July 17, 2004, 3:06 am
ok yeh, that actually does work, but i still dont know how much you would actually be able to see it in the game cuz i cant shrink the browser window so that it was ingame size

i suppose it could work

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 3:11 am
that looks so retarded =\ (i mean the soldier)

kevith
July 17, 2004, 3:13 am
Y'know... that looks really cool. It's obviously nothing more than being for looks, but it's cool. The question I have is: How complicated would it be to put it in?

peemonkey
July 17, 2004, 3:14 am
i kinda think it's an ok idea. it could make for cooler modding too.....:)

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith
Y'know... that looks really cool. It's obviously nothing more than being for looks, but it's cool. The question I have is: How complicated would it be to put it in?

Not really hard. I think all you got to do is make POAs for each weapon, so you can just edit them and change the animation, much like the spas-12

Unlucky 13
July 17, 2004, 3:27 am
but for every moving piece, there needs to be a seperate pic/texture

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 3:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
but for every moving piece, there needs to be a seperate pic/texture

why would you need that? the movements will be handle by the POAs, no need to make seperate pictures for each pieces

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 3:59 am
Not that hard in any language.

[IMAGE]

That's something I'm drawing for a Flash game. Simple picture, I make the gif play once when I save it, "loop once."

So when you spawn the slide pulls back, but that's realistic since you have to load it. Each time you fire, the gif is refreshed and tada the slide pops back and doesn't slide until you fire again. Easy as hell to animate too.

Michal
July 17, 2004, 4:16 am
I think it could be done by enlarging th fire frame image to include the blown back slide, but I don't really know....

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 4:18 am
Considering the guns are... mere pixels... it might be harder to animate...

BManx2000
July 17, 2004, 4:18 am
GIFs can't be used becaue of patent issues and whatnot.

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 4:23 am
Well then the closest thing to animation is basically drawing the gun each frame and displaying each frame.

JayBDey
July 17, 2004, 9:58 am
They COULD have been used, if Soldat was still freeware, i'm pretty sure that's how it works.

KnOt
July 17, 2004, 11:18 am
Woah, I like how it looks..

Kazuki
July 17, 2004, 1:38 pm
The first link gives me a 404 error, and the second just doesn't work. Opera was sending a request for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds and got nothing.

Niff
July 17, 2004, 1:38 pm
w00t for Berettas! I mean, where would the world be without them!

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 3:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Compassghost

[IMAGE]

That's something I'm drawing for a Flash game. Simple picture, I make the gif play once when I save it, "loop once."

So when you spawn the slide pulls back, but that's realistic since you have to load it. Each time you fire, the gif is refreshed and tada the slide pops back and doesn't slide until you fire again. Easy as hell to animate too.

do you know how small the socom in game is? check the weapon-gfx, is really damn small to notice a movement

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 3:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
quote:Originally posted by Compassghost

[IMAGE]

do you know how small the socom in game is? check the weapon-gfx, is really damn small to notice a movement

OK fine, I'll get my crappy example set out.

[IMAGE]

Would that be more reasonable to animate after a simple shrinking?

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 4:09 pm
Socom is much much smaller than those. ;P And only thing michal would actually have to do is to edit deagle fire and socom fire a little. :(

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 4:50 pm
How else am I supposed to give a gun slide animation example...

N1nj@
July 17, 2004, 7:18 pm
i know what's a gun slide is. you don't need to show me, what I am saying is that you won't notice the change.

Here is an example:

[IMAGE]

You shouldn't see much effect....now..

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 10:18 pm
MY EYES!

wow, that is small, maybe it looks bigger cuz I have full screen.

N1nj@
July 18, 2004, 4:53 pm
ya, is because the resolution is changed. Still, it is only 1 pixel movement.