( search forums )
MY FIRST MAP EVA!!!!!!!!!! =D
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
bazookie
July 18, 2004, 5:01 am
hello everybody!!!!!!!! this is my first eva time posting here [:D] but i been read peoples posts for ages. also this is my first time making a map but i been playing soldat for quite a bit now....... i have made a map but i am not sure how to post it on here becase as i said, my first time posting[:-weepn]....... can somebody please tell me how to post the screenshot and how to link my map???????? you help is appreciated [^]

SigHunter
July 18, 2004, 8:11 am
get in the mapmaker, load the map and zoom out, in order that the map exactly fits the screen and then press "print" on your keyboard, go in mspaint and press insert, then save as jpg

Droopy
July 18, 2004, 11:35 am
Dont forget to post ingame screens... With the F4 button if you dont know...

Good luck on the map!

Skate4Razors
July 18, 2004, 4:41 pm
Load the screens and map in My page, try to put your maps in a .zip file with any custom scenery you've made or used... I think that's it, oh, you gotta get a .bmp to .gif changer for pics to! Soldat Forums can't accept .bmp, it suxs but you gotta obey...You can email me if you got any questions, just put your topic about Soldat!

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 10:31 pm
You can't upload files at the moment.

bazookie
July 19, 2004, 8:11 am
ok thanks alot for the help guys!!!!!!!! i didn't know that much ppl r gonna come in here =) hehehe...... so i gotta put the file in a website that i have eh? i'll do that right now hang on i'll post something in a few mins

Unlucky 13
July 19, 2004, 8:16 am
Does anyone know when those uploads will be fixed? oh, and i think bmp files work here too. im not sure, but they are always distorted if u do hav em i think

bazookie
July 19, 2004, 9:04 am
ok this is really starting to piss me off [:(!] because the upload disabled on dis foum and when i tried to upload the freaking map on geocities, it says freaking upload unsuccessful..... and yeah i didn't have any spaces, i named the map inf_artillerybase...... so if somebody would please tell me how to upload on geocities because i have seen a map here on these forums uploaded on geocities[:-weepn]....

on a possitive note[:D], i uploaded a screenshot of da map...... the url is http://www.geocities.com/real_sticks/Map_Pic.JPG.

so neways PLEASE HELP ME BOUT DA MAP..... BTW the map hasn't got any waypoints on it yet because i am still trying to figure out how but i'll be reall happy when i figure out why these stupid dumbazz bots just jump up and down when i give em a perfect route to da freaking flag........ TY

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 19, 2004, 10:14 am
erm.......I saw your screen shot, and my suggestion to you is that you just CAN'T post this yet, that map needs more work. I'm sorry to say it, but its for your own good, you'll be flamed to the sun, then flamed again before you can hit Enter.

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 10:37 am
It looks ok. Could you remove the dot at end of link?

Element_101
July 19, 2004, 10:46 am
Leo he wont be flamed because he said it was a working progress. If your really having trouble way pointing it maybe send the map to someone and let them do it.

Droopy
July 19, 2004, 7:36 pm
I dont know about you... But I have this feeling that in the end he IS gona get flamed... Not by me but there are such things as Marines and Camping Carls... :P

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 19, 2004, 7:39 pm
yeah, theres mean people dwelling these fourms.....not everyone is nice like us.

bazookie
July 20, 2004, 8:45 am
lol ok!!! oh yeah i know it looks pretty ugly but er u can't see it and for some reason, when i tested the map, the sg's won't spawn..... i put them everywhere but yeah thats why i called it artillery base hehehehe..... alright the real link is http://www.geocities.com/real_sticks/Map_Pic.JPG
sorry about the dot and erm nobody has told me how to upload file on geocities yet

Deleted User
July 20, 2004, 9:17 am
uhm.. dude u did everything in zoomed mode.. it will be way to small...

Deleted User
July 20, 2004, 10:58 am
Uhm.. dude he just zoomed out to get an overview screenshot.. it will be way to normal sized...

Toumaz
July 20, 2004, 3:55 pm
Oh, Swedish people...

Well, this map looks better than most of the 'my first map ever' I've seen, so keep it up. :)

SigHunter
July 20, 2004, 9:39 pm
somehow.. i like the shading of the map, but i guess the gameplay wont be that good, and the polys arent placed well :> smoooother needed -.-

bazookie
July 21, 2004, 8:07 am
ok but u people still haven't told me how to upload on geocities and y the sg's won't spawn..... oh and BTW i have really really given up on this waypointing buisness so take this map as an multiplayer map or somebody if u waypoint it, don't forget to upload it for the rest of us :D........... nebody got ne suggestions or comments bout da map or my mapping skills???? lol

Unlucky 13
July 21, 2004, 8:18 am
my first map was ALOT worse than any first map here (it isnt here)! and yours looks like a semi-vets map, so it is nice... oh, and try uploading in a zip file, or change the extention (.PMS) to .JPG or sommin, then tell others to do change to .PMS, but first try zipping/raring (archiving) it. and maybe put some scenery in, looks better + better ambushing and so on.

bazookie
July 22, 2004, 8:54 am
lol it's meant to be a army base..... y the hell would it have pretty trees etc. in it? and nobody still has not answered ma question

Unlucky 13
July 22, 2004, 9:04 am
i told you before. my thread before this, ^^^

Blizard_Dragon
July 22, 2004, 12:26 pm
To upload images and be able to post them here, upload them to http://imageshack.us

(We don't say Images Hack we say Image Shack [;)])