( search forums )
Gamers?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
bucky_brad
July 18, 2004, 5:37 pm
Just wondering how many of you are actually gamers?
-cause I |2 teh G4/\/\3r- haha.

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 6:09 pm
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH U ARE SO FUNNY HAHHAHAHHA U WROTE IT IN L33T AHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA SO FUNNY MY EYES ARE BLEEDING!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

wormdundee
July 18, 2004, 6:13 pm
crack, could you just go somewhere and die, please

and i guess i would consider myself a gamer
but how do you say what a gamer is? by how many hours they play, or what

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 6:22 pm
Real gamers don't write in 1337.

b00stA
July 18, 2004, 6:26 pm
*shakes head*

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 6:28 pm
worm, i just wanted to make fun of him cuz that he said haha after he wrote l33t like a noob, or like it was fun... watch out before i step on you.

Kazuki
July 18, 2004, 6:41 pm
The whole 1337 code is just an excuse for people with bad grammar and spelling.

bucky_brad
July 18, 2004, 6:56 pm
lol ok, i am very sorry for writing in leet.

anywayz, by gamer I pretty much mean dont just play soldat, also would have an idea of up and coming games.
I dunno mabey also spend a couple of hours a day playing your game of choice.

but really if you are gamer you know that you are. I shouldnt have to set "rules" lol =P

Kazuki
July 18, 2004, 7:07 pm
I do that, but for the PS2. I don't really care much for PC games. I'm really lookin' forward to Kingdom Hearts II and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I've read reviews on them and everything. Just can't wait. yeah, I know the games I want, the games I play, like the back of my hand. You can ask me anything about Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Soul Calibur, Tekken, etc. and I'll answer correctly. :)

San Andreas is to be released on the early days of September, and Kingdom Hearts II is to be released either in December this year, or on Valentines Day next year.

Hitman
July 18, 2004, 7:32 pm
I'm not much of a Gamer. The only game I've played without getting bored with is Soldat.

..I could kick anybody's ass with Lei (The cop) in Tekken 3, and that's a promise.

bucky_brad
July 18, 2004, 7:42 pm
yeh Kazuki, Kingdom hearts was so bloody good. I bought my playstation just for that game and i havnt bought another game since.

wormdundee
July 18, 2004, 7:46 pm
yeh i havent beat kingdom hearts yet, cuz i was on the last boss and then i bought some more games and started playing those, and i havent gotten around to it yet

AerialAssault
July 18, 2004, 8:06 pm
u know bucky, there are some great PS2 games... freedom fighters...metal gear solid...final fantasy...i think its kinda stupid to buy a console for just 1 game, but im a big gamer, mostly only on the PC. i play bf1942, desert combat, nfsu, starcraft:broodwar, warcraft 3, c&c generals, unreal tourny, unreal tourny 04, unreal 2, halo, soldat, americas army, gta3, medal of honor allied assault, and hitman : contracts. and theif 3 will "arrive" soon

?
July 18, 2004, 8:11 pm
quote:freedom fighters
Great game... Somehow either me or my brother lost my playstation... I used to to play ffIX and tony hawk pro skater 2, I know most people think the tony hawk game it stupid but i PWN on it...

Kazuki
July 18, 2004, 8:18 pm
Hitman - You pick your character, and I'll pick mine, and I bet I could kick your ass, though barely. :P I use Jin, Kazuya, and Hwoarang. Tehehe. I own Tekken 2 ,3, Tag, and 4. ;)

Bucky - I beat Kingdom Hearts and got 100% completion on Normal Mode, now I'm doing it again for Expert Mode.

WormDundee - What do you mean by last boss? You mean Ansem, or Sephiroth? I consider Sephiroth the last boss because he is the most anonying piece of crap that I have ever seen. You have to beat it with 100% completion to view an FMV called "Special Secret." It's a preview of Kingdom Hearts II, in amazing graphics.

Edit: I got 99% completion on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The problem is that that last 1% comes from a Unique Jump bonus. Well, when I attempted that jump, I missed it by such a small amount, that it registered in the games memory, but not in the statistics file, so I can't ever achieve it (the game counts it as achieved), and I can't get 100% (I can't achieve the last jump).

bucky_brad
July 18, 2004, 8:19 pm
yeh I know, but like you I am a PC gamer.

Kazuki
July 18, 2004, 8:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?
I used to to play ffIX and tony hawk pro skater 2, I know most people think the tony hawk game it stupid but i PWN on it...

lol, My friend has Tony Hawk's Underground, and I'm still borrowing it. Also, I rented FFX for 2 weeks and beat it, and then bought FFX-2 and am doing the "New Game Plus" (appears after you beat the game once, and you start the game over, but with your previous money and everything) right now.

?
July 18, 2004, 8:27 pm
OO I Never did get to play underground or anything past the second one because i have no money =/

Kazuki
July 18, 2004, 8:36 pm
Save up your money, because soon, there's a new Tony Hawk's to come out. It'll be called Tony Hawks Underground: Destruction Tour, or something like that. I forgot the exact name.

Edit:quote:From my conversation with Ville
VilleK says:
Kingdom hearts? I just hate that game. : P

Bwahahaha. You have to play it first, and see how addicting and fun it is to pound demented black figures with a key-like sword.

DeMonIc
July 18, 2004, 9:18 pm
I game 2.
P.S.:I'm back!What has changed?

?
July 18, 2004, 9:40 pm
So is underground worth he money, and do you really get to drive a tank or is that jsut a commerial lie?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 18, 2004, 9:46 pm
All you people are not gamers, true gamers play ALL the games, not just the mainstream ones. Third party games are really good too you know.....

AerialAssault
July 18, 2004, 10:43 pm
i play soldat. and N

Tha Doggfather
July 18, 2004, 11:07 pm
ive got an xbox with quite a few games.

my PC isnt really suited for the latest games :(, i used to play alot of games on it...

Kazuki
July 19, 2004, 3:25 pm
Me too, my PC isn't the best for games, especially with Adobe Photoshop and Flash MX installed.

Edit: quote:Originally posted by ?
So is underground worth he money, and do you really get to drive a tank or is that jsut a commerial lie?

It's a lot better than all of the other Tony Hawk's, and the tank was just part of an FMV in Moscow, Russia. Oh, and by the way, there was a goal in Hawaii called 'Get Lei'd' :P

Hitman
July 19, 2004, 5:51 pm
quote:Hitman - You pick your character, and I'll pick mine, and I bet I could kick your ass, though barely. :P I use Jin, Kazuya, and Hwoarang. Tehehe. I own Tekken 2 ,3, Tag, and 4. ;)Argh! I really want to play you now, and kick your ass! :P

Tha Doggfather
July 19, 2004, 6:15 pm
brag all you want, im the tekken 3 master. id pwn you all with my hands tied behind my back!

Hitman
July 19, 2004, 6:48 pm
Ahhh, you people are really underestimating me :)

Kazuki
July 19, 2004, 7:18 pm
Ok, ok, enough of the bragging. Have you guys ever played Tekken 4? They altered Jin's moves! >=| Those bastawds! Oh, and also, Tekken 5 is scheduled to be released in Japan in November. This means the American version will be out next year. :D

Hitman
July 19, 2004, 7:25 pm
Meh, the last Tekken version I played was Tekken 3, after which I threw my Playstation away cause I got bored of it. I've played Tag Tournament once or twice, can't remember where though..

Kazuki
July 19, 2004, 9:24 pm
Probably in an arcade, although the arcade graphics suck.

SuperKill
July 19, 2004, 10:09 pm
mhh noobs!
paul owns tekken 3

ometeotl
July 19, 2004, 10:38 pm
i can acount for the fact that hitman is as good is it comes in tekken, after all, i beat him and im a n00b at tekken.....

*waits five minutes for Hitman's death threat*

...just kidding, this guy is the [:-censored] in tekken 3, he can kick anybody's ass in it.....honest

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 10:47 pm
*Reads ometeotl's post and signature*
Lol ometeotl do you know hitman in real life? :O

Kazuki
July 19, 2004, 11:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
mhh noobs!
paul owns tekken 3

He's gotten over 15 tickets for speeding in the whole series. -_-

Hitman
July 19, 2004, 11:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2
*Reads ometeotl's post and signature*
Lol ometeotl do you know hitman in real life? :O
Yeah lol, he's a friend from out of school. He was my old neighbour :) I like to eat...a lot :P Not fat though, for some weird reason...quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
mhh noobs!
paul owns tekken 3

He's gotten over 15 tickets for speeding in the whole series. -_-
Lol, you actually know that...man that's sad..

koil
July 20, 2004, 12:08 am
ling xiaou, eddy and king (after you learn his *cool* block moves, you cant NOT (yay, its a double-negative!) loving him)= ownz

Kazuki
July 20, 2004, 1:02 am
lol, Hitman, I'm the same way. I eat like a pig, yet I'm still 95 pounds. And yeah, I know Tekken players' biographies because I own every game but #1 and #5 :P

?
July 20, 2004, 1:12 am
DRAT YOUR HIGH METABOLISMS!!

Tha Doggfather
July 20, 2004, 10:31 am
quote:Originally posted by koil
ling xiaou, eddy and king (after you learn his *cool* block moves, you cant NOT (yay, its a double-negative!) loving him)= ownz

eddy is for nooby buttonbashers.

ling xiaou and king are really hard to master, especially kings combo throws.

im really good with jin and lei (in tekken 3 that is)

unfortunately i sold my old playstation, i got an xbox in stead.
ive bought Dead or Alive 3, the graphics are really good, but its gameplay comes nowhere near to tekken 3 :(

Kazuki
July 20, 2004, 3:08 pm
lol, Eddy and his pupil, Christine, I think it was, have the most lame fighting style, and Dogg is right, it's for people who like to press the R and L buttons over and over and over again. I can nail King's combos, although not always. I haven't done it in a while, so I'd have to try again. I really hope that in Tekken 5, Jin's style changes for the better, because his current style in Tekken 4 is crap. Ling's attacks are very simple, but her combos are close to impossible, heh.

Camping_Carl2
July 20, 2004, 7:59 pm
If you say gammer then i would say im the only true gammer for the fact i have an

snes And a gamecube the only system that Is meant to PLay games only unlike xbox and ps2 that play Dvds making them lame.

even though i own a ps2 i hate it i only got it for capcoms games..

xbox is bascally a [:-censored]ty computer that gets first person shooters... woo....

bucky_brad
July 20, 2004, 8:18 pm
I have a GC but there is harly any games for it. Considering PS2 has like twice the amount of games I would think that would be a consold gamers choice. i had faith in nintendo... once... a long long time ago... when it had more that 12 games.

Kazuki
July 20, 2004, 10:13 pm
Bah. What's so lame about being able to play DVD's? Isn't that just a bonus feature? You'd think people would like that more. IMO, PS2 has the hottest upcoming titles. Nothing can own Sony.

Hova
July 20, 2004, 11:34 pm
I love the fact that those systems play DVD's, although it did inflate their prices a bit. It did help increase sales though, and thats a major reason I bought a PS2, so that I don't have to go get a DVD player for the DVD movies I bought :D

I have a PS2 and a GC, I cannot leave Nintendo no matter how much they [:-censored] up. For PS2 I have Spider-man, Spider-man 2, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X2, Baldur's Gate, Hitman: Contracts, and NBA Live 2004. I just bought Xenosaga for the PS2, and bought two PSone games that I can play on the PS2 (hopefully): Final Fantasy Chronicles (the one with Final Fantasy 2 and Chrono Trigger [remixed]) along with Chrono Cross. I dislike Kingdom Hearts, not a fan of all that Disney stuff in it. For GameCube, I have Prince of Persia, Super Smash Bros Melee, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker (absolutely love this game, Link's attacks are amazing), and Tales of Symphonia. ToS plays a lot like Tales of Phantasia for the SNES, same attack system and all.

Kazuki
July 20, 2004, 11:58 pm
You have some of my favorite games. I rented FFX, and after beating it and watching the really bad ending, I bought FFX2, hoping it would have a much better ending. If you don't get 100% completion, you get a really, really bad ending, but if you get 100%, Tidus returns. =D I thought the same about Kingdom Hearts the first time I heard about it, but when my sister bought it, I got hooked. You wouldn't believe how much Final Fantasy they fit in there. I wish I had GameCube, only because of Super Smash Brothers Melee and Hunter: The Reckoning.

Deleted User
July 21, 2004, 12:02 am
I just hate people thinking that nintendo's games for example mario games are childish... Come on have you ever seen 7 year old beat super mario 64 100%? (Not directed to anyone on this forum)

Hova
July 21, 2004, 12:04 am
I haven't played X2 yet, what do you have to do to get 100% completion? Try not to spoil it much ;D. I'm not far in FFX, at the boss that eats Chocobos, and keeps on knocking me over the fscking edge, thus I can't save the chocobos :(

Kazuki
July 21, 2004, 3:14 am
lol, Well, you have to beat him again in FFX-2. :P Anyway, when you do start to play FFX-2, make sure to visit each and every place in each chapter. Also, sleep in your airship in each chapter. There are just so many sidequests and so many Dresspheres you can get, that it's pretty hard to get 100%, but I had 76 without visiting everything. =D After you beat the game once, you get a second chance. You get this mode called "New Game Plus." You get all your money and dresspheres from the previous game, but you start all over. That's what I'm doing now.