( search forums )
Martial arts in place of the pity boogey punch?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 8:06 pm
man.. i hate that boobie trap punch...how about something more exciting?
instead of punch lets try some martial arts karate kung fu or tae kwon do!! i mean real soldiers know stuff like that! if you ever heard a game named ONI then you will know that when the character has weapon using then he uses mouse to shoot and stuff and when he goes punchin mode he uses some keyboard keys...well ive thought that ..when not using a weapon you could arraange some keyboard keys and do some cool combos say like "v" punch "b"kick "N" hi kick .. i whould love to see something like that on soldat and thus.. it whould give a different twist to soldat experience!![:D][8)]

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 8:13 pm
No. (Boobie trap punch? Wtf?)

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 8:18 pm
why not ! it whould be very exciting!

Se7enWolf
July 18, 2004, 8:23 pm
no, it's been suggested, and shot down before

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 8:39 pm
HAVENT BEEN SUGGESTED!! ive serched about :martial arts soldat" and havent seen any topic like that

BManx2000
July 18, 2004, 8:45 pm
WTF is boobie trap punch??

And by the way, it has been suggested before, it's just that nobody called their topic "martial arts soldat". *cough*cough*...

I say again: WTF is boobie trap punch??

sativa
July 18, 2004, 9:06 pm
nice idea but you would have to make a special server for this cause in any other server they would just shoot ya down

The Geologist
July 18, 2004, 9:08 pm
I believe such topics as adding the option to kick would be one of the topics in question. A noble effort Montoya, but the boobie trap punch rules supreme around these parts.

Aquarius
July 18, 2004, 9:11 pm
Soldat is not Mortal Kombat, punch is enough.

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 9:22 pm
lol WHO SAID MORTAL COMBAT.. SOLDIERS KNOW MARTIAL ARTS DEEMWEED! GOD USE YOUR BRAIN! YOU THINK SOLDIERS CAN ONLY PUNCH AND STAB?

Aquarius
July 18, 2004, 9:32 pm
You think soldiers can use only 10 weapons?
You think soldiers have jetboots and can fly?
You think soldiers run with chainsaws?
You think soldiers do m79 jumps?
You think soldiers boost their teammates by shooting at them?
You think soldiers try to steal flags?

Soldat is not a soldier simulator.

ClanKwH
July 18, 2004, 9:36 pm
Indeed you get tired of all the shooting and the melee combat owns the guns. :P you could for example kick the weapon out of someones hand...

The Geologist
July 18, 2004, 9:47 pm
For the love of god someone lock this topic. We've gone down this road before and Montoya is getting angry and lashing out as his fellow person. Kicking has its merit...try searching and reading all about it.

brickman
July 18, 2004, 10:57 pm
If you don't like the punch, select the chainsaw. Or knife. But you're supposed to be defenseless when unarmed.
And soldiers DON'T know martial arts. Considering how many die in just their first battle, and how rarely they would need to use it, do you really think they would waste the resources to teach everybody, or even anybody, karate? What are you smoking?

kevith
July 18, 2004, 10:57 pm
The topic from about 3 weeks ago by morpheus entitled simply "kick" suggested replacing the punch with a kick, but did not go so far as to suggest the different keys for different movements. Truthfully, this idea may be interesting, but ultimately, it is totally unnecessary. If you're wanting to use your fists instead of guns, then you're playing the wrong game.

Silent-Thunder
July 19, 2004, 3:59 am
hey lets all shoot down new guys for trying.

*grins evily*

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 7:14 am
then if it is not a soldier simulator then why shouldnt we add some more kicks and punches for god sakes is that that bad! and if you have no weapon you arent defenseless.. you can punch the others weapons out of his hand and grab it... so dont throw this [:-censored] at me because i am a newb because this idea rocks[B)]

The Geologist
July 19, 2004, 7:38 am
I agree...this game is about guns. Get your guns, or die trying. IF you can punch and disarm your opponent, more power to ya. But we've all made our way down this particular road before, so we dun need to go there again. Lest I punch you. XD

Aquarius
July 19, 2004, 8:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Montoya
then if it is not a soldier simulator then why shouldnt we add some more kicks and punches for god sakes is that that bad! and if you have no weapon you arent defenseless.. you can punch the others weapons out of his hand and grab it... so dont throw this [:-censored] at me because i am a newb because this idea rocks[B)]

Calm down. Only because you think that your idea rocks doesn't mean that it rocks. Soldat is about shooting, not about martial arts.

Unlucky 13
July 19, 2004, 8:58 am
maybe u could make the punch ani a kick, but w/o the fix

The Geologist
July 19, 2004, 9:43 am
What?

Unlucky 13
July 19, 2004, 9:53 am
with the POA editor? It's in these forums (i think) and changed animations (anis) only work without the fix active. these are seen on other systems with the fix on (i think as well)

papasurf31
July 19, 2004, 3:05 pm
Montaya needs to take some serious meds...like morphine...lots of it.

Honestly though, I think the punch should hve a little bit more reach than it does now. You have to be ON the frickin' person to hit him with it and bots will always beat you in a 1 on 1 fist fight even when they're set on stupid. If anything needs to be changed about melee combat in soldat, it's that. Otherwise, i'll pwn you all with my trust knife.

Sjuge
July 20, 2004, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by ClanKwH
Indeed you get tired of all the shooting and the melee combat owns the guns. :P you could for example kick the weapon out of someones hand...

But... the punch already has this effect...