( search forums )
HL 2 Rip-off
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
July 18, 2004, 10:09 pm
Ok, so this is a toying-with-a-wep-idea, cause implementing it would require inhuman amount of coding.

Gravity-gun
Ok, so u have a clip of 250.If u press fire,it goes down 2/sec as long as u keep it pressed.Everything (bullets,rockets,nades,etc) caught in a short range infront of ure wep whilst "shooting" will be held, as long as u keep it pressed.This includes catching projectiles in air!If u release, everything in ure anti-grav sphere will be released, and shot towards ure crosshair.Imagine catching a bunch of explosives, then shootin them back!Or catch ure enemy, and shoot him up vertically, so fall damage (if any) will kill him!This would even make a volleyball-mode possible!

The Geologist
July 18, 2004, 10:21 pm
Holy crap...can we say "worse than the barret"...?

BManx2000
July 18, 2004, 11:07 pm
Maybe as a replacement for flame god :P

Jack2
July 18, 2004, 11:10 pm
[:(!]OMG!! TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE!! do yu know what yur gravity gun or whatsoever whould do if it whould be available in Soldat?!! In CTF the attackers whould just use that gun to attack an enemy base and the defenders whouldnt stand a chance although they whould shoot for their lives against the attackers because all of their bullets and nades whould been 'given' back![:-weepn] NO! I dont want this gun into Soldat, it whould maeby unbalance tha whole game, although its already a bit unbalanced.[V]

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 19, 2004, 12:23 am
hahhahaah.......this would cause a whole new generation of people who shoot barrets while their buddy uses the gravity gun when they are reloading the gun to aviod getting killed. maybe if you only get about 1 second of it every clip, and then takes 5 seconds to reload, then it might be semi balenced.....

brickman
July 19, 2004, 12:40 am
Release the hounds. I predict 3 flames a day until a mod locks this lame-ass topic.

Silent-Thunder
July 19, 2004, 3:57 am
why don't you just make it a weapon which does not completely stop but deflects bullets in a sphere around you. That way it is not an uber-offensive weapon but a defensive weapon, for flag runners.

In that same vein, I would like to suggest a bullet attract "mode" of this weapon so that you can turn yourself into a human shield to protect flaggers and stop annoying minigun spammers.

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 4:24 am
I see it now, 50 barrett bullets charged up and going towards the enemy XD

peemonkey
July 19, 2004, 4:52 am
i already suggested this, but i dont know what HL2 is.

Dathker
July 19, 2004, 4:57 am
haha that would be fun ;)

Hitman131
July 19, 2004, 7:26 am
half life 2

The Geologist
July 19, 2004, 7:36 am
What the peemonkey says is true, the first part anyway...fear the gravity gun. In fact...kill this particular gun and bury it six feet under before it spawns any of its ungodly offspring.

Michal
July 19, 2004, 3:19 pm
I would like this idea as a bonus only, like flamegod or berserk. But making it an actual gun would disrupt the semi-realism of Soldat.

The Geologist
July 19, 2004, 4:01 pm
Agreed...the only way I could stand this would be in bonus form, and one that was moderately rare at that.

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 4:31 pm
Imo this would be better as a random element. Like 1 out of 100 you will spawn with that gun. :D Soldat needs random elements.

Jack2
July 19, 2004, 5:23 pm
i agree with geologist,michal and Bmanx2000. this gun should only be a replacement to/with flamegod-mode bonus-gun.

Noobile
July 19, 2004, 5:29 pm
I agree with Ville, random things good, but this gun.....bad...very bad.. infact, I can see it now *insert wavy lines here*
Solder: OMFG GRAVTARD
Solder(1) :STFU N00B I PWN JOO
Solder: ffs dude, quit
Solder(1) : JA JA JA u r teh n00b
**Solder has left the game**

DeMonIc
July 19, 2004, 5:32 pm
Erm...
I kinda screwed my post.
The truth is, I did notice this would cause something like CS-riot shield, that's why I wanted it to have limited ammunition.Hmm... if it had 6, so u can press it for 3 secs, than 2 sec reload?Still would be strong I guess.

Noobile
July 19, 2004, 6:37 pm
the first idea, I'm not too sure about, but the riot shield....as a secondary, you might have somthing going there.... obviously it shouldnt be impregnable, but.... it's a pretty snazzy idea, mabye, damage is negligable when shot from that side ( back being open, also being the weak part) this would cause alot of people to run backwards...

papasurf31
July 20, 2004, 1:10 am
Riot shield pwnz. How bout if it quartered all damage taken to the shield. You would have to aim it to block shots and you would be unarmed while using it, leaving you pretty damn vulnerable. Only real use for it I can think of is in ctf for flag runners who rely solely on speed.

Hektik Sniper
July 20, 2004, 8:30 am
The riot shield is loved so much by the CS community, that its being removed. :o

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 20, 2004, 10:40 am
hahahah that would be so fuking funny

Element_101
July 20, 2004, 10:47 am
Bad idea sorry buddy no use trying to recover...

papasurf31
July 20, 2004, 12:06 pm
Are we discussing the suckfest of an idea of the gravity gun or the actually plausible riot shield? DeMonic should change the name of his topic or someone should start a new one.

DeMonIc
July 20, 2004, 12:27 pm
Ok, so again I have to correct myself.
I meant, that if the GRAVITY GUN (which is, still the theme of this thread) would have unlimited, or 2 much ammo, it would have the same effect, as the riot shield had in CS: everyone uses it, and it is the only weapon in games.That1s what I tried to say in my last post, and suddenly, everyone was talking about a riot shield.Geez.

Sjuge
July 20, 2004, 6:45 pm
I understood you, DeMonIc. ;)