( search forums )
Valid Integer Value? HUH?!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
TyFlame
July 19, 2004, 3:11 am
Just the other day I updated my old version 1.15 Soldat to version 1.2, with the fix and everything, which ran perfectly fine the first two times I opened it. However, when I went to play it today, it loaded up until the "Choose your account" screen. When the screen loaded, it made a ding noise, and when I tried to click, it made my computer's error sound. I pressed Alt+Tab to minimise it, and it did minimise for a second, but then it maximised itself, only it didn't display the "Choose your account" screen when it did. All it showed was a black screen with a little error window, reading "'2182414544' is not a valid integer value.", and with an okay button attached. When I clicked okay, it went away, and another window popped up with the same message. Twice more I did this, and then the "Choose your account" screen popped up again, and yet again, clicking anywhere only got me my error noise.

At that point, I just held Alt+F4 until it got out of the program.

You can view what the error looked like to me on my screen at the following link:
http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/typhoonflames/soldaterror.jpg
(copy url, open new window, paste url into new window)

And yes, my start menu does say "Bob". It's best not to ask. [:D]

Unlucky 13
July 19, 2004, 7:15 am
This happened on another XP, and the fix was to reinstall, restart, disable fullscreen and extra functions and so on. The link... Soldat just did the annoying thing so far should give a more clear explanation...