( search forums )
Predator Soldator modator!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Droopy
July 19, 2004, 1:34 pm
A Predator mod. Yes the predator from the movie. Big scary alien with all those gadgets and litle do-hickies and a big shiny helmet and crab-like mouth.

But this mod's not gona be a usual mod. It's gona give you the chance to play both! Marine AND Predator (and a guerilla guy!)! How? Wana be a pred? Put on the Predator helmet and skulls(instead of gold) and use preds(4) weapons. All predators weapons are non automatics.. That means Deagles, Ruger, M79 and Barrett. Spas... Well I cant imagine it as any of predators weapons. If your a marine, you should wear a hat and dog tags and use other weapons. Guerilla? Just wear nothing and use AK:P

Anyways here's the list of changes:

- Helmet - Predator helmet
- Hat - Some small changes
- Gold chain - Skulls
- Deagles - Spinning blades throwing thingy...
- Ruger - Spear throwing thingy
- M79 - That blue (Censored) throwing thingy the pred's got on his shoulder:D
- Barrett - A more powerfull spear throwing thingy
- Knife - the blade thingy on preds arm
- LAW - An even MORE powerfull blue (Censored) throwing thingy tha pred's got on his shoulder:D
- Dred's - Have that yellow thingy on their ends just to make you more pred looking.

Interface shall be changed... I'll post sopme screens as soon as the guns interface is finnished, so youll get the picture of the mod.

Also... There will be lots and lots of jungle maps! All bots changed and a litle bit of txt file changing...

[IMAGE]
Here's how the Pred look's like.. And the weapwns interface. I must warn u that this mod has been made for my personal pleasure but you may also play it if you find it good...

Dont flame that it sucks couse I like it...
BTW: This is NOT my first mod.. THAT mod sucked! So I'm not gona show it to ya;D

Opinions?

EDIT 3: Got some sounds! The plasmacaster and some pred roars and stuff.. That roar is realy scary man.. It's from the movie where the pred's fixing his wound and he stabs himself and screams... Very scary indeed...

CbbLe
July 19, 2004, 2:13 pm
why post info about something that isnt done yet..post all when its done instead

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 2:17 pm
To create discussion? And about your mod... Whats a spear throwing thingy? Or spinning blades thingy?

?
July 19, 2004, 2:25 pm
I have an idea for the ak, the shooty, hurty, bang bang thingy he uses all the time.

ClanKwH
July 19, 2004, 4:55 pm
You mean The car-15? :p

Droopy
July 19, 2004, 5:05 pm
I started a topic on this mod becouse I would like to see your reactions on it.. You know when some newbie posts something about vehicles and he gets flamed? Well... I wanted to see if any of you will start complaining how stupid the idea is and that somebody has already made a Pred mod. And it says in this forum rules that I could! Nyah! Nyah! Nyah!

The guns interface is almost finnish. Just gotta fix the M79. Then I'll finnish the ingame weapons. Already made Ruger, M79, Barrett and Knife wich leaves Deagles and LAW.

About the weapon names. I dont know how they're called and you wouldnt know a thing I'm talking about if I did knew the names and posted them.. So dont complain about the names and just give opinions or atleast say GJ! I hope it's out soon ir Hi I'm new here...

At first I wanted to make this mode for my friend and meh.. But I said to myself "What the hell!" And so I decided to release it. The gostek is finito! MAybe I'll fix some stuffz0rz but I think I'm done wioth it. There will be problemz with sounds. So if anyone is willing to look for them while I'm finnishing the mod and making the maps(there will be 5 jungle maps and all official jungle maps).

juhdi91
July 19, 2004, 10:22 pm
i would like the mod....maybe

peemonkey
July 19, 2004, 10:34 pm
is it just pred, or marine guns too? cuz you wouldnt need toi change minigun, mp5, m249 or m79 XD i hope it turns out well, or there's some room for improvement, because the community seems to like predator (duh) and there should be a really good pred mod by now. hope this is it, or at least starts it. :)

Haro1121
July 20, 2004, 1:11 am
yah i just remembered something if u wanted some guns to use you could use guns from the games Alien vs Predator and alien vs predator 2 in that game that have Marine guns and Predator guns u can use http://www.planetavp.com/avp2/species/predator/weapons.shtml theres some pred weapons theres also marine guns on that site

DeMonIc
July 20, 2004, 11:38 am
Post pics plz...I want this mod...very much.. no... even more much!

Droopy
July 21, 2004, 9:19 am
Dont wanna spoil anything... But only Preds weapons will be heh "modified". Averything else will be unchanged. This goes for the weapons. I think it's stupid to have a pred mod where predators fight eachother... Thats why I made a Oredator vs. MArine (vs. Guerilla) mod.

Oh! And good ol' rambo bow is gona be Dutch's bow!:D

Again... I'm making this for my me and my friend couse we're realy big fans of Alien and Predator and Gunerna... WOOOPS! I mean Termainator. Actualy most of the realy good Sci-Fi movies. But Predator the most. So if any of u wont like it... (finger) You can go screw yourself you'll burn in hell!

BTW: Thanks Haro! That realy came in handy... hmm.. they're called wristblades...

Unlucky 13
July 21, 2004, 9:59 am
Nice, the pred. mode would be beta now. more scary by far.

Deleted User
July 21, 2004, 10:06 am
can i test it..?

Droopy
July 21, 2004, 11:23 am
No.. It doeasnt need testing.

I just need the sounds now. everything else is finnished. Maybe I'll fix some stuff(Where's the damn LAW smoke file?!) but I think I'm all set for screens.

Can anyone plz! Find meh some sounds for the Disk, Speargun(2 different sounds) and Plasmacaster(2 different sounds)? Also.. Some kewl screams would realy come in handy...

Now if u's exuse mh... I'm gona go test and take some screens...

Haro1121
July 21, 2004, 9:54 pm
well i showed me dad the alien vs predator 2 game and hes thinkin about buying it for us to play, and i may be able to rip the sounds from the game dont know when ill get it maybe someone else on this forum has this game and they can rip the sounds from it?

sativa
July 21, 2004, 10:40 pm
me gets excited but the webpage you have showns is from a mod for half life, if you know how and work WITHOUT steam you can easily rip off sounds from that mod

peemonkey
July 21, 2004, 11:05 pm
that's too easy though :P
thanks for spelling it barrett...XD

Droopy
July 22, 2004, 11:29 am
It's suposed to be spelld barrett... Or is it not? I read this on the bash pit I think...

Anyways the gostek is now completely finnished. So are teh weapons and the weapons interface... Now we just has to weight(=D) for haro's daddy to buy AvP2 and... well.. gives me teh soundsz0rz!

OH! Forgot about the pics! I'm gona go make them now... Maybe I should make a movie.. TEH PREDATOR! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! I'll bleed ya! Real quiet! And leave you here! Got that? MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAH*cough**cough**cough*

Haro1121
July 23, 2004, 1:06 am
hey i downloaded the demo for the game very fun i just may make a mod based on the game :D lol hopefully it will turn out successful like my DC Mod well i forgot to rip the sounds but ill get em for yah soon

Droopy
July 23, 2004, 11:25 am
YAY!

JThePrayer
September 21, 2004, 9:03 pm
Hmm, would you make Spear/Combistick to replace saw? That would be great, and good luck...

Oh, ps.. Avp2 is a great game..
PPs and now we need a alien mod, dear god :(

paramud
September 21, 2004, 10:31 pm
eh, one prob. (i dont know if this has been posted on here yet) if youve ever seen Predator 2, you SHOULD know the pred throws his disk, and is able to use it in close combat. mabye instead of using teh wrist blades as a knife, you should use teh disk. eh just a suggestion. and the pred helmet was a mask... eh im a fanatic.

Alamo
September 21, 2004, 10:41 pm
This mod looks really cool! I will just wait until it's finished :D

Droopy: Plz don't use this 1337 counterstrikish language! It hurts me! I can't hear it without my ears bleeding :(

JThePrayer
September 22, 2004, 2:34 pm
Actually, predator never used his disc in meele fight, it was harrigan.. remember?[:o)] id like to see something great like one hit kill plasma Caster, but not that fast bolt's.. Well, youll get the picture if you have played/watched P1, P2, Avp or avp2 (Mod's mostly.. the actual game really aint that movie styled.)

paramud
September 22, 2004, 3:02 pm
so? still used in melee! heh me lee. anywho, it was still used in melee.

peemonkey
September 22, 2004, 6:24 pm
it's better to use a smartdisc for knife, because you dont throw your wristblades :P but it's your mod, so i dont matter :P

JThePrayer
September 22, 2004, 8:04 pm
Actually, throwing disc is better than shooting wristbldes.. thought one of the predator's shooted his wristblade's in "avp"

paramud
October 4, 2004, 3:07 am
A predator never "shooted" his wristblades in AVP, It was his energy flechette. (you would know if you played the expansion pack for avp2)

Droopy
October 18, 2004, 5:56 pm
Ah.. The mod is screwed up and will never be out. YAY!

It hapened so quickly.. I just... *faints*

EDIT: I found Alamos weakness(exept for the lol thing..).

1337!
HAX0R!
noodles
LOLolOlollOoLOl
teh
blab

Had enough? HAD ENOUGH?!