( search forums )
school computers
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
AerialAssault
July 19, 2004, 5:01 pm
my mom is a teacher, and im in her room jsut helping move furniture before the school year starts. there is this surprisingly good computer in her room, geforce 5200, P4 2.5 ghtz. but only 256 ram. but theres a stupid download block. i just find it sad that good machines goto waste. for it will only see crappy little math games, and accelerated reader. it also has a 4 megabyte per second internet. makes people like me kinda depressed. it shall never spread its wings.

b00stA
July 19, 2004, 5:03 pm
..it's a school computer after all..

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 5:08 pm
UN-instal the d/l blocker. ;P

Noobile
July 19, 2004, 5:24 pm
wipe the HD, install linux, set yourself up an admin account, and blammo..

Kazuki
July 19, 2004, 6:07 pm
And all in school? It might get him in the tinyest bit of trouble... >_> I'm on a school computer now. Yeah... it does suck.

Noobile
July 19, 2004, 6:16 pm
it's do-able, I remember when I was back in Jr. High, we had to take these retarted mandatory "typing" classes, I got a pass out because I typed faster than the teacher did, but the system used was Dos 3.1.1 and I remembered a few tricks under dos, especially after I found out that all the computers in the lab were networked, but there was no admin account. I'd randomly kick the teacher off her computer, and sometimes students that pissed me off. there's always the option of getting your schools...... nevermind, thats illegal..... I won't post it...

Electro_cyc
July 19, 2004, 10:46 pm
Get rid of the download block. Ask your mom how to disable it since she is the teacher, she should know.
That really sucks though, they spend a lot of money on all of that good equipment but don't even use it.

The school I went to a few years ago in the US (Denver, CO) had those old Mac computers with black and white (no color) monitors that looked like a small box. I think they were made in the 1980's. No internet (or anything else remotley usefull). :(

peemonkey
July 19, 2004, 11:05 pm
replace it with a similar-looking comp. since it's a school comp, i doubt it sees much action and people know it's innards...all i ever did in school was gamble and treat younger people like [:-censored]. aint that what school's all about? VIVA CALI

AerialAssault
July 20, 2004, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
replace it with a similar-looking comp. since it's a school comp, i doubt it sees much action and people know it's innards...all i ever did in school was gamble and treat younger people like [:-censored]. aint that what school's all about? VIVA CALI
it is in california

Kazuki
July 20, 2004, 2:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
it's do-able, I remember when I was back in Jr. High, we had to take these retarted mandatory "typing" classes, I got a pass out because I typed faster than the teacher did, but the system used was Dos 3.1.1 and I remembered a few tricks under dos, especially after I found out that all the computers in the lab were networked, but there was no admin account. I'd randomly kick the teacher off her computer, and sometimes students that pissed me off. there's always the option of getting your schools...... nevermind, thats illegal..... I won't post it...

You mean Information Processing? That's what the class is called. I'm taking that right now. My highest speed so far is 93 GWAM, or Words per Minute or something like that. Yeah, 93 words per minute. It's not that bad.

peemonkey
July 20, 2004, 3:25 am
yep, cali. land of the girlie men, ahnold, [:-censored]ty edumication, and sluts. lotsa sluts...

Drama
July 20, 2004, 3:33 am
u live in california and play computers? wtf are you sick? go out and enjoy

societies_punishment
July 20, 2004, 5:09 am
I say, steal what you can from it, I used to take apart the school computers and steal things, if you wanted to do the ultamite, get some old parts replace them then take the ones you got from the school and use them at home ... if you mom doesn't know how to check ... but if she does, sell them to some dude and buy some different parts, no one will know ... except the entire soldat community.[:D]

As for the download filter ..... sometimes in certain situations you cannot remove the software because it's not on that computer to begin with, our school had it set up so that... well it's a long story and hard to explain system so I can't really help you with the filter ... hmmm try intalling a different browser ... that used to work until we got a new system in place. Look for avant browser it's the best one ever you can get it at www.downloads.com you'll have to bring it to school on a disc.

There was something else I tryed once that worked real good but I can't remeber how to do it, if I find out I'll let you know.

wormdundee
July 20, 2004, 5:10 am
well, if they lived there all their life, im sure the sun eventually gets kinda "same old same old"

peemonkey
July 20, 2004, 5:24 am
why does everyone think cali is all sunshine and good times and beaches? im not in southern california, and the sun is either behind clouds or blistering here. my car's dead, so i cant redily go to a beach, and im mad anti-social, so to hell with fun. i find it more relaxing to get stoned with the homless people in the plaza and talk about jesus.

Captain RibMan
July 20, 2004, 5:31 am
damn it i want sluts!

AerialAssault
July 20, 2004, 7:17 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
yep, cali. land of the girlie men, ahnold, [:-censored]ty edumication, and sluts. lotsa sluts...
sluts, you say?

Keinonen
July 20, 2004, 6:29 pm
California = hot enough = perfect tennis weather [:D]
I like tennis...

morpheus
July 20, 2004, 7:08 pm
AeriallyAssaulted may as well just burn soldat to cd and take it in and install it. at least it'll give him something to do when he has to repeat the 6th grade for the 4th time.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 20, 2004, 10:33 pm
i say just put anything you want to play on a cd, and then bring it to school.

peemonkey
July 20, 2004, 11:06 pm
load it full of viruses! install it and they'll get rid of it. find it, kill the viruses, and it';s yers...XD
you dont want sluts, they're not fun.

Captain RibMan
July 21, 2004, 6:22 am
they make fun in my pants