( search forums )
Suggestions for realistic/survival mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sergioe16
July 20, 2004, 3:25 am
Here is a list of some of the sugestions/complaints for realistic mode. Some are mine and others were commonly mentioned when playing.

For Survival mode:
1. Why is it that when you kill or die in survival mode there is no death message?
2. Most of the time when someone dies in survival mode the number of players left will be wrong. They will be dead but the game will report them as having some health left and the number of players left wont be updated.
3. Instead of showing the number of kill per team, the score board at the righ should show how many people left are in the teams.
4.Teams should be locked once a match has started. Nobody can join or change teams until the next round. A little message telling you os would be most helpful.
5.The server admin should be able to set the green or yellow team as availible or locked when hosting. This would save a lot of trouble with people who refuse to follow the rules.

For realistic mode:
1. Have you noticed that if you get too close to a vertical wall when falling you will die? This is incredibly annoying in maps like inf_fortress.
2.In Lagrange, most of the time the parachutes dont work and you begin the match with 30% damage. If you stand still, sometimes you will get your health back, but most times it returns to the old value after you move, bug maybe?.This is particularly bad since lagrange is the most used map in team survival mode.
3.When running uphill too fast one will often take damage for no reason (hoping wile running can cause this).
4.If you stand behind a wall or crate, and a explosion takes place at the other side, you will receive no damage but get blown away anyways.
Very unrealistic in my opinion, so its better not to get blown away at all.
5. Stationary guns should have some recoil too, or maybe overheat faster since they are much deadlier in realistic.
6. Maybe Michal could add the option to disable fall damage when hosting? I like everything about realistic exept that.

So what do you guys think? I know this is not critical stuff but I am sure it will help improve the popularity of realistic and survival mode.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 20, 2004, 5:42 am
Question 1 and 2 on survival, 2 and 4 on Realistic, is mostly due to Lag, the others, is just the way the polygons and the physics engine work in this game, those would probably not be changed, but it could be fixed with a "No falling damage" option. And yes, Larange is the best map for Survival Realistic, but there is always some tards who doesn't get the drift, and goes on yellow or green team. And those parachutes need to be fixed, period.

I host a Realistic Survival Server every friday on Pacific Standred Time, so come by and check it out.

Liber_Lupus
July 20, 2004, 11:16 am
Mh...yeah i never get that death message either in survival.

Sjuge
July 20, 2004, 6:52 pm
The lack of a death message can't be due to lag. There is never a message in survival when you die or kill someone, and it is very annoying.

Noobile
July 20, 2004, 7:23 pm
Suggestion 5 in RM.... The browning M2 has nearly zero barrel recoil, it's all felt by the operator. It heats up now, and takes time to cool down, so there's some balance...

here's a list of tips for rm that I've noticed/made

1. Watch your back, you cant see behind you.
2. Dont waste time looking in directions you can't see in ( above somthing,etc.)
3. Shotgun, and Ruger PWN.
4. when playing inf, or ctf. always move in groups, being alone makes you extremely veunerable.
5. (this goes for all modes really...) Know the terrain, finding a place to hang out behind a bush, or a crate, or somthing, can not only cause frustration in your opponents, but give you an edge in terms of stealth.
6. use grenades sparingly
7. make a new friend, and kill them, repetatively.
8. never stop moving, in rm vision is limited, and if you know you're being followed, surprise can turn the situation in your favor.
9. Use Jets sparingly, I have fragged countless people because they're dumb enough to fly around like it's cool, even though I can't see them, I can anticipate their moves, if I can hear where they are.

just a short list, i'll prolly add more later on to it

DeMonIc
July 20, 2004, 7:42 pm
I always wondered what would happen when an ex-milititian plays a shooter game...well, I guess Noobile just gave teh answer XD

Noobile
July 20, 2004, 8:43 pm
lol...gotta think stragetically.... it's as much ingarined as putting my left shoe on my left foot, right shoe on my right foot.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 20, 2004, 10:36 pm
if you are host of a realistic survival game, you'll be able to see the deaths, so it is indeed due to lag that you can't see it i think.

peemonkey
July 20, 2004, 11:04 pm
the reason you get hurt when moving by polys is yer moving too fast. if you run up a hill that has a slight change, then you feel it via health. if yer sliding down a wall, yer falling every time you hit the poly, and it genertaes more movement somehow. ive already talked about lagrange, and warehouse too. why was it changed anyway? now you cant get through the tunnel so easily.:(

juhdi91
July 20, 2004, 11:06 pm
in realistic its fun to follow ppl when they are trying to get the flag and when they get it kill them =)

Deleted User
July 23, 2004, 5:56 am
i like the 'line of sight' thing, but the falling damage can be really frustrating. but if you can remove falling damage, the mode wont be as realistic, and isnt that the point?