( search forums )
predetor mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
koil
July 20, 2004, 4:29 am
yea well, this idea WAS suggested before.. by me.. something like 8-14months ago.. so i got the permission to do this!

anyway, picture this:
you, and 3 of your worst enemies (barretards!!!) came to your server.
you want it to be a lame game, so you pick a sprayer (you got 5 choices :P).

after some time, you start to see that you got your arse pwned (or pwnt, yummys style).
you think about things that can make it a bit more fun.. yet, you fail to do that.

nothing can make it fun when playing vs 3barretards.
does it?

YOU ARE INCORECT! imagine if YOU were invisible! cool eh?
now imagine your ENEMIES to be invisible too! super cool!

you can *almost* see those little soldiers coming at you, yet you cant be sure. evry shot that you'll make, will get yourself one step closer to the grave, cause people will be watching (and hearing).

this will (hopefully) give a new aspect(s) for the game. it will no longer be a '8-->click-->cursing-->8-->click-->...' game. you will need to pick your guns carefully. you will have the chance between being a hunter (waits till he spots his pray, and then storm on him), kung-ho (picking minigun and starts shooting evrywhere so people will see you, thus you will see them), and some other weird classes that i stole from some MMORPG's.

it will also give a new meaning for the sound effects. i wont explain further tho, cause you prolly get the idea anyway.

heres a piccie of my child. respect and worship him.
[IMAGE]

btw, just as the subject says, my plans for this is to be a 'mode' (like survival - realistic).

(note: the previous idea had some nice feedback from couple of users, but it didnt made a impact (no more then 12-16replies) )

edit: i woke up my child (piccie had dead link for some reason)

TigerDragon
July 20, 2004, 4:48 am
seems fun

Camping_Carl2
July 20, 2004, 5:01 am
Im in! :)

peemonkey
July 20, 2004, 5:19 am
is ok. i'd like to be able to edit rambo mode way more, and have this as the thingy-dingy. always pred...maybe pred knife and disc...prolly not. good-ish idea.

n00bface
July 20, 2004, 5:20 am
me too.

that fuking sniper
July 20, 2004, 8:16 am
Me likes.

DeMonIc
July 20, 2004, 9:33 am
I concur.
And conquer!(quote stolen from peemonkey)

Unlucky 13
July 20, 2004, 9:55 am
NICE! i love preadator mode, and this would make it more fun! Yay! Preadetor mania!

popseed
July 20, 2004, 10:03 am
seems funky.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 20, 2004, 10:39 am
cool!!

koil
July 20, 2004, 5:43 pm
i REALLY hate to do this.. but..

*bump*

Deleted User
July 20, 2004, 6:04 pm
I like. Shouldn't be too hard to add either. :D

Scorpion
July 20, 2004, 6:15 pm
sounds cool, would make you listen to the noises of the game carefully

Kazuki
July 21, 2004, 7:27 pm
lol, Nice. *random LAW* "DOUBLE KILL"

Deleted User
July 21, 2004, 7:32 pm
Imagine the ctf games [:O] only the flag carriers are visible because they hold the flag. Then you prone on the ground and the enemies think the flag has been dropped, however, you lay in wait with a chainsaw willing them to 'return the flag'.

I love it! [:D]

Le Ti Jian
July 21, 2004, 7:53 pm
Now that's a sneaky idea!

BManx2000
July 22, 2004, 2:03 am
It would be like invisible mode on SSBM :)

peemonkey
July 22, 2004, 2:08 am
ssbm?

kevith
July 22, 2004, 2:57 am
I really like this idea. Imagine the amount of strategy involved!

Weed
July 22, 2004, 3:04 am
koil = fag

EDIT (by koil's request)
YEAH MAN!!!!!!!!
THIS IDEA OWNS !!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHA

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 7:36 am
I like this, it'd be fun to play. :D

bucky_brad
July 22, 2004, 10:34 am
meh, why not just place down a HEAP of the pred bonus in a map and play that. That way it makes it a little more complex by having to return for the bonus?

koil
July 22, 2004, 12:04 pm
because, if i (or anyone else) edits a map (by adding more spawn points for predetor), then we (aka max of 3people (most of the *normal* servers cant handle more then 4people (including the hoster) ) ) are the only ones who can play.. (cause of the 'wrong map version).

in conclusion: if going by your suggestion, bucky brad, then no more then a 2v2's could play that 'mode'.

edit: YAY, 2page! and i only wrote 3replies! (including this one) [:-jester]

Kazuki
July 22, 2004, 12:16 pm
lol, Weed. I'm surprised you listened at all.

By the way, SSBM stands for Super Smash Brothers Melee, and yes, the invisible mode in that is fun to play.

Deleted User
July 22, 2004, 3:15 pm
sweet idea. a game where barretards are at a disadvantage! im in for pred mode!!

Svirin Kerath
July 22, 2004, 10:04 pm
^_^ 'm in! Sounds awesome!

totalcommander
July 23, 2004, 8:53 am
sounds like a good idea

Unlucky 13
July 23, 2004, 9:17 am
SSBM is nice, but maybe we should take it further. we should be made semi-visible if u move (hardly visible), and if u shoot, u are completly visible! like on banjo-tooie squawkmatches!

loserisme
July 26, 2004, 6:09 pm
lets make a fire-god mode next!!! Then, a berseker, then, cluster nades (?), and then, bullet-proof vest mode.

Sounds cool