( search forums )
LTJ's Futuristic-ish Mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Le Ti Jian
July 21, 2004, 4:44 am
I'm working on a graphical modification with a lot of futuristic weaponry, ie, all of the weapons have been revamped into newer versions.

Firing sounds + some of the explosions are thanks to Westwood Studios, even though they've folded to EA now.

Most of the bullet FX have been changed too.

Weapon Remake List:
~~
Desert Eagles => Dual Lasers
MP-5 => Laser MP-5
AK-74 => R(Rail)AK-74 (Mini Railgun
Steyr AUG => S-AUG Plasma
Ruger 77 => Proton R-77
Spaz-12 => Splazma-12 (lame name! can't think of anything better)
M79 => Plasma 'Nade Launcher
Barrett M-82 => Laser Sniper Rifle
FM Minimi => PFM Minimi (Proton)
XM-... Minigun => Laser Chaingun
~~
USSOCOM => LASCOM
Knife => Sword
Chainsaw => Plasma Drill
LAW => SPNKr Rocket Launcher
~~
Grenade => Plasma 'Nade
Cluster 'Nade => Plas-Spread 'Nade
~~

If anyone wants to give me a hand with it at all, go ahead and offer up your services. It's a pretty small project actually so it's kinda finished. All I need to do is perfect the GFX and change the Chainsaw.

Feel free to offer any suggestions as to different names.

Two Screenshots!
Splazma-12; http://www.deviantart.com/view/9048743/

LSR; http://www.deviantart.com/view/9036147/

Weapon Menu; http://www.deviantart.com/view/9094690/

Hercule Poirot
July 21, 2004, 10:06 am
eh too dark pictures ;< make screenshots of weapon menu...

Deleted User
July 21, 2004, 10:19 am
Yup i can't see a thing. :o

Unlucky 13
July 21, 2004, 10:39 am
copy and lighten in paint/photoshop (im no gueinia pig, so im not 4 u!)
Nice, i like it!

Le Ti Jian
July 21, 2004, 5:34 pm
That's the problem, they look fine on my PC, but obviously when I upload them they get a lot darker.

I'll get a screenshot of the weapons menu and some of the other guns in action and make a collage! That's what most people do.

Oh, and a sidenote, with cool laser SFX, etc, everything just sounds so much more powerful. Dunno why. But a low-pitched buzzing noise as you get sliced in half by a Sniper Laser is far more impressive than the high-pitched blam of the normal M-82.

sativa
July 21, 2004, 10:42 pm
and wel uh fururistic mod would not use a sword
a laser sable maybe but no sword

wormdundee
July 21, 2004, 11:15 pm
make it a Vibroshiv, that just sounds cool

Le Ti Jian
July 22, 2004, 1:26 am
We'll see.

Uploaded a screenshot of the weapons menu, BTW.

papasurf31
August 1, 2004, 5:07 pm
LOL!!! Wow, that totally blows my mods away![:-P] Seriously though, those aren't that great. All you did was draw over the original weapons, which is completely lame. It looks like you spent all of 5 minutes working on it. Hunter's mods look better than yours and his were not very well recieved. Better luck next time.

EDIT - I'm sorry. I sounded really mean there. I'll help you with it if thats okay.

Le Ti Jian
August 4, 2004, 7:11 pm
Well, it's better than not changing them at all =p

Mostly, I'm no good at shading and stuff, so it's all paint-over at the moment. But I think they don't look that bad.

And I didn't spend all of 5 minutes, I had to rip the sounds out of Tiberian Sun, change the GFX, playtest in between each gun change (to test that they worked) and so on.

Depends what you want to help on. All the GFX are pretty much done (unless you want to completely remake them for me, good luck ;p. And the SFX are done too. (though a few of the SFX are the same, as TS lacks lots of laser sounds. It's mostly the laser turret, plasma cannon, railgun, sonic shockwave and obelisk.)

Obelisk: LSR (also for the reload), LC (sounds damn good with them too)
Laser Turret: DLE, LMP
Plasma Cannon: PAUG
Railgun: R-AK (duh)
Sonic Shockwave: PFM Minimi, Proton R-77

papasurf31
August 4, 2004, 7:18 pm
Sounds I can't do, but I can make interfaces and the menu guns. Say the word and I I'll start working on it.

Le Ti Jian
August 4, 2004, 7:56 pm
Ok, go for it ^_^

Not too bothered about interface, but go for it if you want to. Also, if you want the existing graphics to elaborate on, PM me with your E-Mail and I'll send you the latest version of it.

Try not to make the menu weapon GFX -too- big, ok? OK.

Yin_Starrunner
August 4, 2004, 9:37 pm
1) the weapons menu is to bright
2) you drew over the original weaps
3) rename the laser sniper rifle to laser rifle, just my opinion.

I really like the idea of this mod, showing futuristic upgrades of the sodlat weaps instead of making all new ones. Just put a little mroe time and effort into it, and we could have a winner.

Le Ti Jian
August 5, 2004, 2:15 am
1) I had to touch it up so people could see, it's not normally like that.
2) Well duh, I'm not thick, I know what I did
3) Maybe

Thanks. I'm on my holidays, so I have plenty of time, but at the same I'm a lazy bugger... ^^;

Also, I've recoloured the clips, so when you reload the D-Eagles, two blue clips drop out not like the old ones.

Sword changed to a kinda energy sword without a new SFX. Looks like it's made outta plastic though.. >_<

Le Ti Jian
August 7, 2004, 7:36 pm
Ok, made a major screwup. I deleted my only copy of the mod! Guess I should make more backups ><

Nevermind, just mislaid the folder.