( search forums )
Preadator Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeepII
July 21, 2004, 9:41 pm
Today I played UT2k4 and then Soldat. As some1 picked up Predator, I thought it would be cool if there are some little reflections on the soldiers like in UT2k4. You could make it look really cool with Pixel and Vertex Shaders.

What do you think about adding some reflections to predator-mode?!

b00stA
July 21, 2004, 9:45 pm
And how exactly would that work? The polygons are somehow managed via DirectX (3D?) stuff, but the scenery stuff (the gostek too!) is just displayed normally, without any real models.
What would be reflected?

that fuking sniper
July 22, 2004, 1:39 am
If they are noticable, predator bonus wouldnt be much of a bonus, would it?

Deleted User
July 22, 2004, 4:16 am
it could still work....you could shine beams of light into other soldats's eyes and blind them! add a continuous manical laughter eminating from the pred, and your opponents will be too SCARED to shoot ya! why hasnt anyone thought of this before?

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 7:23 am
...Leave it.

why hasnt anyone thought of this before?

Someone did, if nobody thought of it, it wouldn't be in UT.

Jap_man
July 22, 2004, 1:57 pm
soldat is a 2D game, how are you meant to put in reflections?
And also you can see people when they're in predetor mode, only when they're injured that is.

Noobile
July 22, 2004, 2:27 pm
well, if you look reeeeeal hard, you'll see a shadow of the gostek, it's almost translucent, and so dark that it blends in with the backround ( duh...predator), but you can see predator mode normally with-out injury, you just gotta look for it.

DeepII
July 22, 2004, 5:07 pm
Hum, maybe I shouldn't say "reflections". It's a bit like reflections, but it doesn't reflect anything (lol).

I could post a pic but Upload is disabled.

Maybe some1 who has got UT2k3/UT2k4 (a UT2k4 pic's better, coz the invisible-mode looks better) could upload pic of an invisible character somewhere. Just get 100 adrenalin and then press:
UT2k3: 2x right, 2x left
UT2k4: 2x left, 2x right

b00stA
July 22, 2004, 5:47 pm
DeepII you can upload the screenshot here www.imageshack.us

Kazuki
July 22, 2004, 7:06 pm
He means a small sparkle. Do you know how when apples are shiny, they sometimes reflect the light in a small bubble-looking figure? I think that's what he means.

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 8:00 pm
APPLES DO NOT SPARKLE!

(At least not mine... Where can I get some apples like yours?)

Svirin Kerath
July 22, 2004, 9:59 pm
in cartoons and TV commercials.

i think this is an unescessary idea that would bog down the game. 'nuff said. (from me, anyway)

DeepII
July 23, 2004, 3:23 pm
Alright, here's a pic:
[IMAGE]

Dustfiend
July 24, 2004, 5:49 am
what if its night time
or your in a dark room
that wouldnt make sense

i am 2% serious

i feel as if predater mode is perfect the way it is

Cookie.
July 24, 2004, 5:51 am
lol make it so crappy video cards cant see them :P with my old video card before i just upgraded to a 256 mb geforce fx i was able to see the predators mwaha! it couldnt handle making them invisible or somting? :P anyway.. i love soldat on my new video card its so amazing!
i think pred mode is fine neway

DeepII
July 24, 2004, 5:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.
lol make it so crappy video cards cant see them :P with my old video card before i just upgraded to a 256 mb geforce fx i was able to see the predators mwaha! it couldnt handle making them invisible or somting? :P anyway.. i love soldat on my new video card its so amazing!
i think pred mode is fine neway

wow...I've got my "MSI GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB" since last christmas...(no, I'm not Millionaire...I didn't went on holyday that year)

quote:Originally posted by Dustfiend
what if its night time
or your in a dark room
that wouldnt make sense

i am 2% serious

i feel as if predater mode is perfect the way it is

1. No night in Soldat
2. no dark rooms in Soldat

so it would make sense...