( search forums )
My first map: Mystic Realm
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Blizard_Dragon
July 21, 2004, 11:00 pm
Mystic Realm

------------------------

I just started making maps for Soldat and it is yet very fun. Here is the first map I made (which took me about 5 minutes of working). I used Map Edit Pro for the arena and Map Maker for the colors and background. I think I'm pretty inexperienced so it's why I want any comments and suggestions possible. Thank you!

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
A 10 player carnage!!!

Download it here: http://www.freewebs.com/blizard_dragon/Custom%20-%20Mystic%20Realm.PMS

This map is very small and very fast. What I mean by fast is that you must kill rapidly of be killed rapidly. It is a map where you (usually) get lots of kills and lots of deaths. There is a bug where when you walk over the arena you start jumping out of nowhere. If you try it you will see. Any help to solve this bug?

Anyway I hope to receive replies to improve and get better! See ya on Soldat soldier!

b00stA
July 21, 2004, 11:13 pm
You can upload screenshots to www.imageshack.us (they allow hotlinking+free+you dont have to register)
..or you can upload the finished map here: http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/submitmap.php

Blizard_Dragon
July 22, 2004, 12:31 am
Thanks b00sta!

grand_diablo
July 22, 2004, 3:50 am
k, at first, i somehow like the background idea, buz make the colors milder, theyre still a bit too strong imho.

But this map is way too simple, 3 polys making up a platform. The poly colors fit the bg somehow, but they should be shaded so the plattform looks like 1 part. Btw. the upper poly is one hell of a trampoline. I dont know if this is wanted, but I dont like it :/

Please put far more effort into your maps. Make more plattforms, tunnels,... and shade them better. If the map borders are getting to close (like here) just place some "doesnt collide" polys somewhere furhter away, and the border will expand.

Sorry to say, but this one is by far not worth a download by now. Good maps arent made in 3 minutes, so give it another try and make a bigger & better looking map, im sure you can do it if you want to [;)]

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 22, 2004, 4:23 am
that map looked like it'd be good if you are on some happy grass......anyways, a pretty nice try if i may say

Haro1121
July 22, 2004, 8:45 am
ow my eyes hurt lol do somethin with the polys u walk on

Inquisitor
July 22, 2004, 9:26 am
never use horizontal polygons. you will begin to jump

Blizard_Dragon
July 22, 2004, 12:19 pm
Thanks guys. It was my first try and I wanted to do a small and easy map... Well I will work harder now and put more efforts in my maps (yeah I know I was too lazy to put scenery that time lol).

Again, thanks for these comments!