( search forums )
Windows XP + Vodoo 4/5, How to make soldat run ..?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Gore
July 22, 2004, 1:53 am
Hi, since I have Windows XP in my computer I haven't been able to run Soldat properly, in the game, the graphics looks like flickering and appear horizontal lines moving up and down... I have tried about 4 different drivers, with directx 8.1 and 9.0, but nothing works.

I wonder if someone of you guys has run soldat under Windows XP with a Voodoo 4/5 card (they use the same chipset) so he could tell me wich software he used , drivers and other stuff.

And please, I know my english sux, Im still learing it hehe...

morpheus
July 22, 2004, 6:24 am
try changing refresh rates.

right click your desktop, go to properties / settings / advanced / monitor. try setting your refresh rate around 85 and see if that clears it up.

palloco
July 22, 2004, 9:34 am
Forget the stupid thing that Ninja had said. 3DFX cards are the best cards ever. Did you know that 3DFX Rampage appeared(well, not appeared, but it was ready to ship the day 3DFX was bought, in the times of Geforce 2) with more technologies and best performances than a Geforce3. That is why you could hardly find any Geforce 3. nVidia saw the great 3DFX technology and inmediately used it to make Geforce4.
It is Windows XP fault(it happens the same with win 2003). I bet that if you go to hardware configuration you will see the voodoo in display cards with the problem that the system does not have enough resources for it. BullShiet! This is the reason why 3DFX started to lose money. Microsoft boycotted it! Install win 98SE and have fun with still one of the fastests cards of the market. Use preferably the cd drivers that came with ur card. Those are the ones which usually work better.

b00stA
July 22, 2004, 11:54 am
Gore, disable "fullscreen". Open the config.exe in your Soldat directory and uncheck "fullscreen".
I think it's your monitor that doesn't support the refresh rate in fullscreen mode.