( search forums )
More options for teams
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Duke33
July 22, 2004, 5:17 am
I'd like to have some more options for teams in single player.

1. Ability to set intelligence to seperate teams (e.g. Alpha - impossible, Bravo - stupid, etc)

2. Ability to set overall playing trends [rather pompous wording...] for teams in a game (e.g. Alpha - Offensive, Bravo - Defensive)

Not many play single player. Still, whenever I do, I'd like to be able to play around more with the bots and teams. It'd makes it more fun.

1. is the most realistic one. 2. would be cool, but probably would overcomplicate things. Both aren't needed, of course.

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 7:12 am
Good ideas. I like the first idea, but I really like the second. It'd keep me playing single player longer when I can't get online. I wonder how that could be done.

Jap_man
July 22, 2004, 1:05 pm
both really good ideas, though I like the first one better.

MisterX
July 22, 2004, 9:02 pm
I would like it better if you could even choose playing styles for every bot. For example in the enemy team there are 3 bots. You choose that 1 is defending, skill level "impossible", and the 2 others are attacking, skill level "stupid". That for you could make waypoints. offensive and defensive waypoints. The offensive ones are just like they are now. But for the waypoints for the defenders, you can choose several points where the defender will wait for X seconds, and then walk to another point, wait there for X seconds, and so on..
I think that's possible and not even too hard to do, but still a nice addition for single players.

Duke33
July 24, 2004, 5:02 am
Choosing intelligence for indiviudal bots would be fun, but the layout might be difficult. Would you have the selection bubbles right beside each bots name? How'd that work? A little crowded.

Any other comments? I sorta like this idea, and the last idea I suggested got in, so I'm hopeful and unwilling to throw this away. Ah well.

Marine
July 24, 2004, 6:31 pm
I like em both :)))