( search forums )
Jailbreak game mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Darksider
July 22, 2004, 9:56 am
Has anyone played UT200X's Jailbreak game mod? If yes, it wouldn't be great to have it in Soldat? If not, I'll tell you the rules: 2 teams start at their own base with their own jail lock. Now, when a team member(blue)frags an enemy team member(red) the fragged is going to the blue jail. The team jail is usually located near the team's jail lock. If there are peeps in jail a team member can free them by touching the enemy's jail lock. (simple, eh?) If all member of a team goes into jail they suffer a horribe death (in UT every map has a different death) and the other team gets a point. The team that reaches the piont limit wins! (point limit is usually 5-10 for normal game, 15-20 for endurance) There is a Jailbreak protection time, that can ensure the escape for players without being killed.(same as spawn protection time). That's all there is to it! Whaddaya think? [?]

(please god let this don't be a repeat of another post)

EDIT: I've searched the forums but I only find an idea that is not this. :D

DeMonIc
July 22, 2004, 10:21 am
Hungary?
Szevasz testvér!
He who DARES flames him, shall suffer a horrible death!
BTW, I like the idea.
RESPECT!

bucky_brad
July 22, 2004, 10:31 am
yeh actually, I really like this idea.
But I am not sure it would work very well because michal would have to program triggers and such into maps... I think.

Darksider
July 22, 2004, 10:35 am
Well the triggers for death types are not esential...just dye in plain pain. [:D]

Ohh, and DeMonIc it's good to see a Hungarian mate here in the Soldat jungle...oh...i mean Forums. [;)]

Michal
July 22, 2004, 3:31 pm
I had this idea about a month ago, but i didn't bother posting... Good idea, this game mode sounds like fun. It could be called POW (prisoner of war) since Soldat is a military game.

CbbLe
July 22, 2004, 3:57 pm
ye. sounds fun

bucky_brad
July 22, 2004, 5:00 pm
err.. I'm not sure you got what I ment slider.

I mean michal will have to program a jail into whatever map.
And also some sort of switch to open the jail. meh I'm not a proggramer so I dont know how hard it would be to make but I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be amazingly easy.

Deleted User
July 22, 2004, 5:02 pm
Mmm, I'm not bothered, but if it was used, I would like it.

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 5:28 pm
Dosen't sound too bad. =o I'd play it.

Kazuki
July 22, 2004, 6:08 pm
I agree. It doesn't sound bad, but at the same time, it isn't critical. :) So basically it's like survival mode, except people can be "ressurected." Tehehe, sounds nice. Just imagine flying through dozens of bullets and falling on the switch, and then getting killed while the rest of your team comes from behind your enemies, and the next thing you know, they're all dead. :P

Darksider
July 22, 2004, 8:04 pm
About Arena combat in Jailbreak mod:

"Fortunately, there's more than one way out of jail. You can of course simply enjoy the entertainment and wait for your hard-working teammates to release you. Some maps add a twist by providing an escape route, which can be so treacherous to navigate you may wish you stayed back in jail (and likely you'll make a false move and go right back there!).

But there is an honourable way to get out of jail: the Arena. At fixed intervals, one imprisoned player from each team is placed in a small deathmatch arena where they will fight for their freedom. The winner is released and the loser is sent back to prison in shame. Jailed players can watch all the action on the Jailbreak ArenaCam!"

This is from the official UT jailbreak mod site: [URL]

And a pic for now and a short story about it...
[IMAGE]

Llama in action! Jailbreak mod, UT200x

"-Why "llamas"?

Llamas are players who behave unsportingly in Jailbreak. We think people enjoy games more when they are played fairly.

-Again, why "llamas"?

You mean what do llamas do? Well, because of the nature of Jailbreak's game rules, it's possible to cheat very simply by disconnecting from a server while in jail and reconnecting moments later in freedom. A player who does this is punished by being transformed into a llama."

So it'll be great to have it in Soldat, but it's hard work. And there are other ways to become a Llama, but I'll tell you next time. See ya

Svirin Kerath
July 22, 2004, 9:56 pm
i thought this was a good idea... until you added to it just now.

secondly, would they still have weapons in jail? or would they lose them? to let someone keep their M79 and put 'em in the slammer would be pretty stupid.

on the same token, if they're taken away, and the person is set free, they'd have to get their weapons back... if you have a selection of them lying around, that would tax the game, not to mention give the first player out of jail first dibs to 2 of whatever they want. Not to mention invincibility.

at the same time, if you have the weapons menu pop up when you get out, it could waste precious seconds trying to run away.

so i suggest that the person has to run back with no weapons while others cover them. Or try to break out and make it out alive without any weapons (the great escape! =D )

when they get back to your base, you get a weapons menu screen. until then, you have no weapons whatsoever.

might be more fun. and hard.

CbbLe
July 23, 2004, 10:29 am
"I thought this was a good idea... until you added to it just now. "

If you join in the middle of a round with jailbreak you will get into some sort of waiting/spectator mode until a new round starts...then everyone in spectator mode can join the game.

Element_101
July 23, 2004, 10:41 am
This actually has been suggested ages ago!

But yeah I liked it then and I like it now :D

Unlucky 13
July 23, 2004, 10:47 am
Yay! i like it! but maybe if you'd have to collect weapons fallen outside of the jail (from killed ppls) and they dont go away unless there is no-one in jail! e.g: 3 ppl in jail=3 guns must stay on feild, 10 ppl in jail=10 guns etc.

DeMonIc
July 23, 2004, 10:51 am
Hmmm..
So the twisty escape route is...like a race map?Hmm...I LIKE IT MORE :D
That arena thingy isn't bad...but I believe this whole idea would require "transporter spawns" where u respawn but u were alive..
yummy, llama gostek... :D

Unlucky 13
July 23, 2004, 10:55 am
gostek? nah, maybe they could have a different creature, otherwise copyrites and stuff go everywhere... you know? so maybe a big "CHEAT" sign over thr head, or "SORE LOSER!" or sommin

Darksider
July 23, 2004, 11:27 am
Well in UT if you're killed you lost all weapons, but the assault rifle and the shield gun.

In soldat you can choose what weapon you will have IF you get outta jail or you play in the arena (no barrets in arena :) )

And a cheater could turn into Britney Spears [:-boggled] or Justin Timberlake [:-headache] or Michael Jackson. [:-weepn]

CbbLe
July 23, 2004, 12:42 pm
"And a cheater could turn into Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson. "

what?????? :/

Darksider
July 23, 2004, 12:48 pm
CbbLe i'll explain it to you:

Because this game mode would be a copy of the official mod [URL] I was thinking that the cheaters wont turn into Llamas as in the official mod, (See above) they would turn into pop "superstars" who are ugly and irritating, they would be perfect.

Got it?

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 5:58 pm
Remember how large the soldat characters are...

CbbLe
July 23, 2004, 6:56 pm
ah, lol

..or we just make it a spectatotr thingy like I said, or make an server option on how long time it takes before someone can rejoin.

Sjuge
July 24, 2004, 12:28 am
I like. I suggest Jail would be just like being dead, weapons wise: you have no weapons but you can bring up and close the weapons menu at any time by pressing Tab. When you are released from Jail, you get whatever weapons you chose, just like usual, except you were an inmate and not a stiff. You will probably have plenty of time to choose weapon.

DT
July 24, 2004, 11:39 pm
JAILBREAK!!!!!!!!!! RUN EVERYONE RUN!!! AH LOOK OUT ITS ITS its... jezus?

IBT
July 25, 2004, 1:57 pm
1. i like your avaitor.
2. this is a nice idea, tried to get the hl1 mod like this working and it never worked
3. you know, some ppl would try ANYTHING to get around stuff, i was thinking you would disable everything in the Esc menu except exit to menu, and the game would log his ip, if he rejoined, he would be on the same team and in the jail if the prisoners wasent freed
Q1. would prisoners be able to spectate from there teammates eyes and the jail?

Darksider
July 25, 2004, 2:55 pm
Sure that an essential element of being a prisoner to watch your teammate resque you or cause the teams failure...

And in the real jailbreak mod there is a minimap that indicates the teammates position.