Soldat stuff for sale.....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Xalion
July 22, 2004, 3:49 pm
www.soldathq.com
The domain is for sale at highest bid.
minimum 25?

Soldat Server Stats
Visual Basic logparser + source code. It can parse killlogs to a database, and list all the users who have been playing on your server.
It also includes custom triggers, which will be shown as a server message ingame, and a function to return stats for the people who is online on the server (also as a server message).
minimum 50?

Soldat HQ ASP website
Map downloads, clan list, player list, message system, news, screenshots and alot more.
minimum 1250?

If there's no response or realistic bids in here, I'll put it on eBay.
Do not bid, if you don't intent to buy it.
You can send questions to nt@eway2000.dk (msn/email)
(people who've had me on msn should contact me by email)

popseed
July 22, 2004, 4:57 pm
harr

N1nj@
July 22, 2004, 5:02 pm
you really trying to make some moeny eh...

the domain is really nothing...I can just get http://www.soldat-hq.com/ ;)

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 5:17 pm
I bid two cents.

Xalion
July 22, 2004, 5:29 pm
N1nj@ -> Just thought someone might find my work usefull. Noone is forcing you to buy the domain :)
Sekushi -> Drop dead!

n00bface
July 22, 2004, 5:42 pm
3 cents.

Hektik Sniper
July 22, 2004, 5:49 pm
4 pence <-- currency thats worth something ;)

bucky_brad
July 22, 2004, 5:51 pm
dam j00 n00bface they are all mine!!

4 cents!

edit: god damit, you beat me.

5 cents. and 6 cents if some else beats me again.

Xalion
July 22, 2004, 6:11 pm
domain: minimum 25?
site: minimum 1250?
SSS: minimum 50?

:)

Hektik Sniper
July 22, 2004, 6:30 pm
1250 euros? im sorry you must be having a laugh ¬_¬

n00bface
July 22, 2004, 6:40 pm
ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHHAHA HHAHAHAHAH GOD DAMN HAHAHHAHAAHHAhA now i know this is just a joke

HAhaHAHHAHAHAHhahahahaha...hahaha...hahahahhahaha...you could have a scripter immitate it for roughly 30 euros hahahahha..god...damn...hahahaha...hahahahhaa..

edit: actually, i'll make an immitation site with all the same features in ASP for 70 euros. i'll also add in a domain of your choice. yesss.

b00stA
July 22, 2004, 7:02 pm
Someone want the Soldat ratings page?
database: 156.546.786? minimum
system itself: 7.896?
oh, and shipping (email): 45?

HF!

n00bface
July 22, 2004, 7:06 pm
do you take credit cards?

N1nj@
July 22, 2004, 7:20 pm
lol. this topic has turn to a joke. WOOHOO!!!!

Sekushi
July 22, 2004, 7:59 pm
That's all this topic ever was - a joke.

palloco
July 22, 2004, 8:05 pm
Xalion, is this a joke or had you definitively gone mad after nobody cared about your web?

Darksider
July 22, 2004, 8:32 pm
I'me sorry to say tha I don't know what is that homepage for sale...me newbie.

But one thing for sure: A fan page doesn't worth 1250?. Maybe officials, but fan pages...please.

sativa
July 22, 2004, 9:09 pm
xalion i will bid you ... pupupum ... 10 cents

BManx2000
July 22, 2004, 9:17 pm
I bid 5^-12735 cents.

Denacke
July 22, 2004, 9:21 pm
50? - 100?? but 1250??

N1nj@
July 22, 2004, 9:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
That's all this topic ever was - a joke.
he sure sound serious in his post.

delici0us
July 22, 2004, 10:12 pm
ROFLMAO! hes just kidding... :P

Xalion
July 22, 2004, 10:40 pm
Kidding? No I'm not... I guess you've never paied for quality.
If you are able to create something similar then be my guest.

Why should "fan pages" be cheaper than "officials"? And by the way, it's not a fan page, it's more like a portal.

By the way... Pro's charge about 75-100? per hour for custom programming/scripting :O

About nobody caring about the site: That's not why I stopped the project... Not gonna explain it again...

n00bface: Well... if you are that cheap, I might hire you for some freelance work, ok? Send your CV to nt@eway2000.dk

N1nj@
July 22, 2004, 10:49 pm
see, I knew he was serious.

Aquarius
July 22, 2004, 10:59 pm
I will sold my site:
http://soldatnews.prv.pl/

The domain is not a real domain, just a free alias. The site is on a free server. It has no scripts, except some crappy free stats on another free server. Only HTML with CSS but it's 100% standard compliant and looks nice in Opera/FireFox. The site was made to look bad in IE. It is not finished.

The site with the alias and free stat account and all the content (including my works) is for sale at highest bid.
minimum 10?

b00stA
July 22, 2004, 11:04 pm
Xalion, I hope you made the parser/webpage/portal etc. for fun, the community and your scripting/programming skills, not to earn money.
..and I do understand the problem why you stopped it. I did the same with the (first?) big Soldat clan list.

Denacke
July 22, 2004, 11:04 pm
15? if you make it work in IE properly ;D

Aquarius
July 22, 2004, 11:10 pm
no way

FliesLikeABrick
July 22, 2004, 11:34 pm
if you guys want my opinion, see the SoldatHQ closed thread and read what i have to say. He is asking that much because nobody except me, him, and Snor have appreciation for how much work goes into making a soldat stats site with parser, even a smaller scale one like what Xalion has. For my site it took me almost 60 hours of intricate php/MySQL work just to get the parser and stats core set up, then countless hours tweaking and adding features. If you figure 100 hours of intense coding with the hourly rate most geeks can get paid, then the prices make a whole lotta sense.
the domain is worth that much because of the good name that he made it into, and someone doesnt deserve that kind of reputation associated with them for pocket change.

And yes he made it for his own delight, and the joy of the soldat community. Later he shut it down for the reasons in the aforementioned thread, and now he doesnt just want to give it away because of the work he put into it. If that doesn't make sense, then this thread isn't for you.
-Brick

edit: The thread: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=13804&whichpage=2

Xalion
July 22, 2004, 11:57 pm
Exactly FliesLikeABrick.. thx..
I've spend about 5 months to complete the site, with alot of features I use for my company aswell (part of a CMS solution). It's 100% quality code, not just some crap I sat down and wrote one day.
Yes... It's possible to code a user list, login etc. in a day, but this site is tested, and I've taken every little error/feature into concideration.

The stat program is unique. It's missing some of the nice features FLAB made, but it's automated. I ran a server for about 2-3 weeks, without any mem leaks/errors. You get the source, so you can edit it and even sell it, if you want.

Im charging 50? for the domain, since there's still 7 months left + DNS redirect. I'm giving away the good name and the trafic for free.

I really don't care if people don't want it, I just thought I'd ask you, before I started to scrapped the projects. As I said, someone might find it fun to develop this things, just as I had fun making them.
If I wanted to code for money, I'd stick to my job! It's not like 0.5? per hour is something I can live of.

FliesLikeABrick
July 23, 2004, 12:12 am
To give another aspect on the work: my parsing script for my database is just shy of 700 lines of php code with no HTML in it. The code for my player stats pages is 600 lines, with some html. And my index alone, with some html and a bunch of php for the server status/stats is just under 600 lines. All of this is hand written, and none of it is used more than once, except for maybe 5 lines here and there of general database connection garbage. Those people who wonder why he is selling it for so much are the same people who led him to shut it all down in the first place.

My point now rests
-Brick

Chakra
July 23, 2004, 12:33 am
..might wanna resort to ebay luv. Remember, this is the soldat community.

N1nj@
July 23, 2004, 1:01 am
can we talk in CDN money...I dont want to do convertions (dont know how much 1 euro = ? CDN)

I still think the domain is not worth it, like I said before, someone could get http://www.soldat-hq.com/, which kinda looks better [:P]

FliesLikeABrick
July 23, 2004, 1:03 am
www.xe.com have fun, its easy. Click "Currency converter" in the upper left area somewhere.
-Brick

N1nj@
July 23, 2004, 1:05 am
omg, $80 CDN for a domain? hell no. lol. (did I do it right?)

n00bface
July 23, 2004, 1:13 am
let me point out that yes, this stuff would be valuable had it not been in soldat..but soldat is kind of a small community, mostly people in theirs teens without jobs..now tell me who the hell here _could_ buy a 1400$ webpage?

FliesLikeABrick
July 23, 2004, 1:16 am
i could, but fortunately i already have one :-/ Even if i didn't i wouldn't buy his. Don't forget it would be possible to buy some of the code, or just parts of what he is selling. So if someone wants to run a stats site for a server, but has a server and a site already, he could buy the stats parser, or the automation scripts, or both... or other random stuff, like Xalion's dog or something
-Brick

Weed
July 23, 2004, 1:44 am
you are asking 1250 euros while some people havent even payed the 9$ to the man...
you crack me up :D

N1nj@
July 23, 2004, 1:51 am
convertions again! 1,250.00 EUR = 2,017.15 CAD

OMG! who the hell you think we are? millionaires?

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 2:16 am
Aha! See, a joke! I was RIGHT!

Anybody Killa
July 23, 2004, 8:52 am
ne way who would buy teh site for 50 uros wtf?
i can make my own for free HAR

systemfeind
July 23, 2004, 10:23 am
i can understand the thing that you spend some money in the domain so you want to sell it but WTF here are a lot of people who are coding tools and stuff all day long for free only because they want to make others the life with soldat more easy. before someone will buy your [:-censored] they have written stats etc themself.

are you really thinking that someone has that much money for something like that? you are an id...

here my offer:
www.selfkill.com for 100000? including everything :P (because it took more time to make it that big and well known) hf biding oO

CbbLe
July 23, 2004, 10:25 am
i give systemfiend 099999$

N1nj@
July 23, 2004, 2:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Anybody Killa
ne way who would buy teh site for 50 uros wtf?
i can make my own for free HAR
Everyone can make their own for free if they know how. The thing is that site has a web system coded by him. Not just some html stuff.

n00bface
July 23, 2004, 4:42 pm
a lot of people know ASP.

Xalion
July 23, 2004, 6:19 pm
Sure... alot of people know HTML, but do they have 5 months to make it? (could be made in less).

80 CDN for a domain + DNS redirect

n00bface -> Who would buy the website? Well... some of the people in here have money + they know a great deal when they see it.
Sure people think it's alot of money, but not when you take a look what's inside. There's alot of interesting code for an ASP beginner. You could develop the site and earn some more on it (customize it for another community etc).
And yes, alot of people know ASP, but do they have the exp to build a large community?
Are you still interested in some freelance work? Haven't recived your CV yet...

Weed -> Well... most of the people just crack the game. See if you can crack the website :O
You could find a free portal, but that's not the same as a customized system, that fits the community. Also, where do you find a database with 500 soldat players and 80 clans?

N1nj@ -> You don't get a Ferrari for a pack of cookies.

Sekushi -> You can belive it as much as you want, but it's not gonna make it real... Still no joke. I guess the joker is the one who think he can get such a system for free.

Anybody Killa -> Site for 50?? It's only the domain. As I said before: Go make your own portal, if you have a couple of months with no plans.

systemfeind -> What? Sure... I coded the site and tools because I enjoyed it, but there's a difference in coding a site/tool, and "giving" it away with full source code.
The stats isn't a part of the site... It's a stand alone visual basic application (full auto). I don't think it's too expensive when you take into the concideration of the functionality.
You can easy adapt it to a full auto ladder server (like battle.net), or make a central stats server. Go ahead and code it... I'm waiting for you to complete it.... :)
Sure.. Your website would be worth more, but how would you react, if people wouldn't give you more than 10$? Feels like they are taking a piss on your skills as a developer?

Wake up people, and take a look at the real world. Stuff cost money.
If you work 7 hours at a diner, you get paied for 7 hours, not 1.
Websites/systems cost alot of money and take time to develop. Take a look at the prices for dynamic websystems (you can shove your HTML right up your... nose)

N1nj@
July 23, 2004, 6:24 pm
How about you shove the fact that none of us are willing to spend that much money to buy your websites/systems right up in your ass

n00bface
July 23, 2004, 6:35 pm
of course i haven't sent a CV, because i don't give a damn. this thread is a joke.

Xalion
July 23, 2004, 6:39 pm
N1nj@ -> It was an offer... noone is forcing you to buy anything.

n00bface -> Are you stupid or what? I'm offering you a job. You say that you are fast to code ASP... Why would you hand down such an offer? Maybe because you can't code, or bacause your code isn't good enough to sell? :)

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 7:23 pm
See, n00bface agrees with me, why can't you Spyder? And eventually, I will even convince you Xalion, that this thread is a joke!

n00bface
July 23, 2004, 7:43 pm
no, i lied, i don't code ASP. i know little ASP, but i know a lot of Perl, Python and PHP. i understand they're different, but ASP is no more valuable. and I wouldn't work for that cheap either. But your price is very exaggerated, especially since you're selling it to a small community that really doesn't...give a damn.

Xalion
July 23, 2004, 8:02 pm
Well... don't lie... How much would you work for then? And no.. it's not exaggerated... As I said, you could strip the system and sell it in parts... It could be very helpfull for a nOOb developer, who wanted to start his own company.

"Why buy an expensive Ferrari, when I can build a VW at no cost?"

Denacke
July 23, 2004, 8:39 pm
change your avatar to look serious, a wise man said.

Xalion
July 23, 2004, 8:44 pm
Why bother? I'm only sticking to this forum to see if anyone is interested in my stuff... Doesn't look like that... I'll just scrap the projects then... too bad...

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 10:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Xalion

"Why buy an expensive Ferrari, when I can build a VW at no cost?"

Why build a VW when you can just buy one? :|

Drama
July 24, 2004, 12:23 am
I could make them myself with php, i have plenty of time atm

Edit:
Also i could make a clan site similar to my clan's site http://www.g-r.uni.cc for about hmm.. dunno at least a pizza

N1nj@
July 24, 2004, 1:06 am
ya, Drama is good. I seen his work. bye Xalion!

Sekushi
July 24, 2004, 1:13 am
I'll miss you and your jokes. :(

morpheus
July 24, 2004, 2:07 am
xalion, if your script is moddable, make plugins for several different online games, toss it up on www.hotscripts.com and the like, and sell for a modest fee. trying to sell just one copy at a high price usually doesn't work, but selling several copies at a small price will most likely make you a few bucks.

also, a free "light" version works wonders when trying to make a sale.

as for trying to sell the domain, your best bet probably would be ebay, but don't expect to make to much if it's not generating any traffic or no longer listed in search engines. that's a couple of the 1st things experienced web masters look for in determining the value of a domain.

Xalion
July 25, 2004, 11:16 pm
Morpheus -> Thx for your advice... I know how to sell my products... The "low" cost products is a good idea, but the portal isn't suited for that, since it's custom made. It would be alot faster to build it from scratch in modules (like many of our company products).
selfkill wanted a redirect when I closed it, because it had quite some visitors. Ofcause it doesn't have any visitors anymore, but it also come with a DNS redirect. Dunno how much it cost in X country, but here in Denmark, it's rather expensive (crappy dot com).

Well.. still don't know, why people don't want the stat application... I don't think I've had a single request for it, nor to the beta test a couple of months ago :/

BManx2000
July 26, 2004, 1:22 am
Here's a clue: Nobody, but NOBODY, is going to pay 1250 euros for a stat parser and a web page. I don't are how long you programmed it/what it does/how long it took you to build the reputation/whatever, it's TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE.

CbbLe
July 26, 2004, 6:59 am
" Here's a clue: Nobody, but NOBODY, is going to pay 1250 euros for a stat parser and a web page. "

very true...(think that most of the ppl in here aren't older than 15 years too )

blan
July 26, 2004, 9:07 am
I take it the stat's script is Windows only? Since its Visual Basic...

(yes, this is a question.)

systemfeind
July 26, 2004, 9:54 am
Well.. still don't know, why people don't want the stat application... I don't think I've had a single request for it, nor to the beta test a couple of months ago :/

because of ppl will make it themself before they would buy it. soldat playing and all relating to it is just having fun and nothing professional ppl want to pay for. remember this is not cs where clans would buy a proffesional website for 100? or clans are sponsored by amd and intel >_< selfkill is coding something similar to your stats thingy FOR F.U.C.K.ING FREE

Xalion
July 26, 2004, 11:28 am
Hmmp... just because people in here isn't very old, it doesn't mean they can't read? The stat parser cost 50?, not 1250?.

The stat "script" is windows only... and it's not a script. It's a server application, which you could modify, so you could have your own tourny server that people could reserve via a ASP/PHP script.

systemfeind -> Wow... FOR F.U.C.K.ING FREE... your mother must be SO proud of you :) It's not very hard to code a script for it... I also released my script FOR F.U.C.K.ING FREE, but this isn't a script... It's a full automated application. It wouldn't require alot of coding, to include a SOAP server which could accept stats from other server, and create a central soldat stat server/ring. Also, I don't see you give away your source code for your programs, so why should I?

I don't really give a [:-censored] if people can program it themself, or they don't want to pay for it. It doesn't seem to me that people actualy does that

systemfeind
July 26, 2004, 12:41 pm
erm... it will include all that [:-censored] and it will be automatic like yours but it will be coded in another way. why doing hard if it works easy with some cinfigurable and easy-to-embed php scripts? ppl only want html stats of their server and no "oh my gawd its a 31337 hax0r pr0n king bla server application [:-censored]" . you must be thinking that you are the best do you? doesnt matter to me but dont think that any1 will buy your shiat for that prices lol

edit: one more thing: tell me 1 person who would buy a roflmatic server application stats generator for 50? if the same person could get a really good pc game for that money? maybe you get more interested ppl if you sell it for ...mhm... 5? or something.

palloco
July 26, 2004, 5:50 pm
I know how to sell my products...

Like trying to sell an application for 1250? in a kiddies forum. Right.

Aquarius
July 26, 2004, 5:56 pm
ROTFLMAO

July 26, 2004, 6:26 pm
Hey, I'm not a kiddy anymore. My mum said so.