( search forums )
Volleyball - really worked with it this time
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
July 22, 2004, 5:00 pm
K, so again: the idea came up in this thread:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=15241
Vigilante knows the rules, ask him.The game mode is his child, I just did a map for it.
Here is an overview:
[IMAGE]
Download here(thx 2 N1nj@): http://soldatleagues.com/public/Beachball.zip
And the rules (by Vigilante):
quote:-Gametype=tdm
-Weapons restrictions would be knife only I guess (would be nice if you could spawn a knife on one side, though because if everyone has a knife it's BOUND to be abused in some way)
-No contact (i.e boxing)
-Team 1 always "serves" the knife first (or perhaps a knife-throwing contest could be used?)
-The knife must be thrown over the "net" toward the other team.
-The knife must bounce only once before the other team catches it.
-If the knife bounces more than once the other team gets a free kill (throws their knife through the net) or someone on the offending team commits suicide.
-1 kill (obviously) = 1 point
-Kill limit = 5 minimum
-The goal is to hit someone on the other team with your knife before it hits the ground.

Those are an early version of the rules for those who care (aka me...and maybe DeMonIc). I think it relies a bit too much on trusting the player to follow the rules.

N1nj@
July 22, 2004, 5:25 pm
can't found a place to upload? send it to me over msn, I will host it for you.

DeMonIc
July 22, 2004, 6:34 pm
Thx dude!
Btw..any criticism on the map any1?
Give ur opinions!

Droopy
July 22, 2004, 8:08 pm
I bet that it's fun.. For a map like this.. well you cant do much shading realy...

Darksider
July 22, 2004, 8:16 pm
Ohh my DeMonIc! I would NEVER knew you'll have a map progress. [;)]
Hope it'll work this time. When I saw it last time I....ohhh....I mean I..I..I......I.I....byE! :)

Ps: I know you could make it. [:D]

I helped him with my voice... [8)]

N1nj@
July 25, 2004, 1:30 am
I think for this map to work, to work I mean playing it like a real volley ball game. Everyone in the game should be on the same team so the knife won't stab anyone. Also, the objective would not be to kill a person on the other side with the knife, but to hit the ground making them not able to catch the knife.

PS: I never tried out the map but I think the jetpack should set to be enough for the player to reach a little over the net so they can do a spike.