( search forums )
More realistic servers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Joel-san
July 22, 2004, 5:42 pm
It's usually really hard to find good realistic servers. In example, I want to play CTF but there's only DM servers. Then I try the DM servers but I can't connect. Then I have to play the crappy normal. I find it extremely frustrating when you take MP5 or Aug and you have to shoot like 30 rounds to kill someone. Also the lack of recoil is ridiculous. It's like shooting water pistol. IMO.

If you haven't played on realistic, please try it out. Maybe we can get more realistic servers that way. When that happens I and the others who like real, would enjoy Soldat more. Also. If you don't like barret, try real. Snipers are easier to kill because you don't have to shoot full clip on them.

I beg your pardon if I pissed you off with the normal=crap thing.

black-B
July 22, 2004, 5:58 pm
I hate nonrealistic (no offence)
---
Ther are some ctf, tdm, inf, dm servs, but lack of people...

DeMonIc
July 22, 2004, 7:19 pm
Yes, real mode is slowly drowning.If we don't do something, it will die.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 22, 2004, 7:58 pm
I'm currently opening a Realistic Survival Server every Friday at Pacific Strandred time, Check it out if you like.

DeMonIc
July 22, 2004, 10:11 pm
And I host a small real server every night.
But this won't help, we need to popularize real mode.
BTW what happened to Askur?No smoke and mirrors :'(

kevith
July 22, 2004, 10:14 pm
Hmm, I'd forgotten about Askur. I love playing some real mode, and before I moved for the summer I was running a real + ff server quite often. I'll probably start it again in about a month.

Chakra
July 23, 2004, 12:41 am
The variety in servers is truly stupid right now. Call up a list of every server, and you'll find 300 players to 100+ servers. Thats a server for ever 2-3 players.

And yet, theres no pointmatch, rambo match and barely any real mode or infiltration servers. Fat chance EVER finding a survival server. Theres literally dozens of empty unused 'vanilla' servers.

Element_101
July 23, 2004, 10:25 am
People would rather play normal mode because its easier & dosen't take as much skill. I like realistic but I h8 the fall damage! which is why I dont play it.

Unlucky 13
July 23, 2004, 10:37 am
fall damage makes it fun! and more skillful! if i could find any real servers id be on them. and the survival mode is on some Barrett servers. and if ur wondering, i cant host, i cant open port 20383 or whatever! maybe the real mode is just to hard to play 4 sum

LazehBoi
July 23, 2004, 11:34 am
This was kinda made before, but meh, the people who do host hate realistic mode because they're clan members and at that, most of them are barret and/or M79 clans, who still don't get it that if they play realistic, they'll be considered better than all other clans who still play on normal mode.

Jap_man
July 23, 2004, 11:45 am
let me make this quick and simple, Realistic mode rocks, but since im in Australia and most realistic servers are in Europe my ping skyrockets and really pisses me off.
C'mon Aussies we need more Dedicated realistic servers in Australia.

sativa
July 23, 2004, 12:14 pm
yeah well realistic pwn's, i think lots of pplz will love it if they even knew it