( search forums )
INF_TheCrash Map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Le Ti Jian
July 22, 2004, 11:10 pm
My newest project, INF_TheCrash, a map in which the red team are the survivors of a crash landing (they start off at the far left in a crashed shuttly type doodah (complete with smoke, shaded poly's to imitate charring, etc. etc.), and the blue team are the defenders of the city.

I have no screenshots yet as I'm still terraining, but I'm thinking of placing "polygon-mines", ie, small polygons that act as mines. I was wondering, would there be a way to make them explode when someone ran over them?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 22, 2004, 11:14 pm
no, you can't make explosion effects, but it is possible to make mines. Just make a little polygon thats raised a bit off the ground, and set it to "Bloody death", when a play touches it, he instantly dies with a bloody effect. But, I'm suggesting you don't use that idea, because it would just be annoying.

Le Ti Jian
July 23, 2004, 3:28 pm
Well, due to unforeseen circumstances (ie, me not having a clue on how to set up INF maps) the map is now CTF

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 29, 2004, 10:01 pm
Inf is exactly the same as Ctf, Name the map Inf in the front, and the blue flag will be automatically the black flag, and the red flag will be white

Deleted User
July 29, 2004, 10:36 pm
Topic should be in Map Ideas/Discussion.

grand_diablo
July 29, 2004, 11:37 pm
right, seems like i didnt see it when going through the last 2 pages.
-> Moved

Le Ti Jian
August 5, 2004, 2:15 am
It's already Inf_TheCrash, but the game froze when I spawned for some reason.

Yin_Starrunner
August 5, 2004, 3:00 am
well did you try it in ctf to?

did it freeze then?

I wonder what would make it freeze in the first place?

Plasmanator
September 21, 2004, 4:57 am
nm