( search forums )
legs not work?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
paramud
July 23, 2004, 12:04 pm
ok i just thought this up just now, so ive still gotta hammer out a couple details. but if your legs get shot or you fall from an EXTREMELY high... place, ya get stuck in prone mode. any of you see where im going with this? didnt think so. but anyways, it would be good for realistic mode! btw, i looked through the entire "suggestions" thread and found nothing like this, and found nothing in ctrl+F.

N1nj@
July 23, 2004, 2:18 pm
When you fall extremely high in realistic mode, you die.

Liber_Lupus
July 23, 2004, 4:48 pm
I think its useless...you fall a bit, you lose health, you fall from high places, you die. No need for that.

Le Ti Jian
July 23, 2004, 4:56 pm
Indeed. There's no point as you get killed anyhoo.

Stuck in crouch would be better, as then you could actually get to a medkit to heal up.

You could implement this in another manner, IE, if your legs get shot a lot...

kevith
July 23, 2004, 5:00 pm
Interesting, but then you're dead pretty much anytime you get shot by a bullet (you can't crawl very fast) so everything essentially becomes a 1-shot kill. They ^ already discussed the fall damage aspect. Something along these lines has been suggested in the past, but it might have been quite awhile back.

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 5:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by paramud
any of you see where im going with this?

I don't. Wtf are you talking about.

paramud
July 27, 2004, 8:14 am
well, i didnt know that in realistic mode, if you fall from a high place, you die. but i still would like it to happen if you get shot in the legs.

The Geologist
July 28, 2004, 7:52 pm
Never gonna happen. If I was stuck in Soldat and couldn't move, I'd just as soon blow my brains out to respawn. Unless I was in survival..oh the agony..

DeepII
July 28, 2004, 10:45 pm
Soldat is to fast for that feature. Until you get to a medikit you're already dead...

DT
July 30, 2004, 3:45 am
yea and when you get shot in the head you can't think... DUH!!! no....

Cookie.
July 30, 2004, 8:54 am
if i was stuck in prone id quit soldat... lol it just dosnt sound too fun what if everyone got there legs shot out in surivival no med kits lol everyone crawling around say a big ctf map the matchh could last hours... :P

AerialAssault
July 30, 2004, 10:23 am
i hate this idea

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 1:48 am
me as well, how many ppl would u think would actually stay in prone? I would just use /kill to respawn, and all teh n00bs would be still stuck in prone LMFAO.

Le Ti Jian
August 3, 2004, 6:18 pm
Hate to break your winning streak there Yin, but you can't use commands in MP, I don't think.

You could just make it so everyone has to go around crouched, ala Deus Ex, that would be faster.

MisterX
August 3, 2004, 6:52 pm
It would add realism to Soldat, and destroy fun of Soldat. Would you like it if you could walk anymore, and could just camp where you are? Yes? Go play CS. I think anyone else would kill himself when being shot in the legs then, so it's a useless idea imho.

N1nj@
August 3, 2004, 7:01 pm
Le Ti Jian: yes you can, you can use any commands. Like /slap Le Ti Jian

AerialAssault
August 3, 2004, 9:39 pm
what is MP?

DeepII
August 3, 2004, 10:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
what is MP?

multiplayer lol

The Geologist
August 4, 2004, 6:49 am
I think this idea is biased against the handicapped. If I get shot in Sodlat, I want a wheelchair. And mounted guns. And a ramp to get into my van.

Marine
August 4, 2004, 11:22 pm
lol....

paramud
August 6, 2004, 6:09 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
I think this idea is biased against the handicapped.no... it isnt... i am just suggesting the if you get (shot/wounded in the legs)/ then you get stuck in prone/crouch

Arcticflare
August 6, 2004, 1:33 pm
Lol if they were gonna make it so that you broke ur legs and had to walk around crouched, to be somewhat realistic, then what about arms???

HaZe
August 6, 2004, 6:42 pm
i hate the idear; it would take the fun of running around cazily out of the game.

Sjuge
August 7, 2004, 12:53 am
Nevermind this, have you ever just gotten stuck in crouch for no apparent reason? What the hell is that about?