( search forums )
M79 modification
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
July 23, 2004, 12:08 pm
Okay, so when I started playin soldat, I immediatly fell in love with this grenade launcher, because it was easy to handle, and became very lethal as I memorized 85% of the decent shot angles.If u train hard with this weapon, u become almost invincable.This goes double for real mode, where ur damage is amplified, giving u strenght that is inhuman.
I say it's okay when skilled ppl use this weapon, because they give u a good fight.
But the newbies, who make a bloody mess, and kill the fun, should be restricted.
Let's make this weapon a lil harder to handle, by:
Making it that u have to keep the fire button pressed to gain throw power.The longer u press it the longer the shot goes.By tapping the button u r most likely to make urself explode.The maximum range is the current range.

Aquarius
July 23, 2004, 12:19 pm
Interesting, but M79 is not a catapult.

b00stA
July 23, 2004, 1:33 pm
yep, it's interesting, but this should have been implemented earlier, because now it's a too big change.
it would be nice for a new weapon (a normal bow) or for the existing rambo bow. The longer you hold the mouse button the stronger the bow "tightens" (?), resulting in more damage/distance.

MisterX
July 23, 2004, 1:59 pm
Hm.. I like this idea. Call me a whiner, but I think M79 is too strong in some situations (e.g. if you rush forward in CTF, if there's an M79-user in front of you, it's an incredibly easy shot for him). But if this would be implemented, there could be fewer situations like that. But if implementing this, I'd say that the M79 would automatically fire when you reach the maximum power.

DeMonIc
July 23, 2004, 5:36 pm
Of course, when on maximum it fires automaticaly, but u can fire earlier aswell.Like with nades.

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 5:54 pm
Eh, how would this really improve the m79... Just making it take longer to fire it at the current range?(maximum range as you want it) I don't see how making the throw power change (by how long you hold the mouse) would really do much good for the m79. Just seems like too much of a hassle to me.

Maybe for a new weapon like a bow (like b00sta said)

grand_diablo
July 23, 2004, 6:58 pm
Im against it, cause if this "gaining of power" ran too fast, you couldnt aim properly, if it is a t "normal" speed, you are helpless in air-combat, cause the enemy changes his range frequently. The only use i see is, when someone escapes with the flag in cCTF, cause then u can predict where he will be at a certain time. But for everything else this is making things too complicated.

kilroy1501
July 24, 2004, 5:50 am
i like this idea, but the m79 is a gun,

this would be great if you could do this with throwing gernades

sanity
July 24, 2004, 6:29 am
its taken me long enough to get used to the m79 in 1.2.. PLZ DO NOT CHANGE IT AGAIN.

grand_diablo
July 24, 2004, 12:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by kilroy1501
i like this idea, but the m79 is a gun,

this would be great if you could do this with throwing gernades

Err, you can. The longer you hold the button before throwing or click the mouse (i throw nades with the right mouse button), the farther and faster u throw em.

Liber_Lupus
July 24, 2004, 1:09 pm
quote:Err, you can. The longer you hold the button before throwing or click the mouse (i throw nades with the right mouse button), the farther and faster u throw em.

Eh and i didnt know that, ty i guess

Tha Doggfather
July 24, 2004, 1:41 pm
dont [:-censored] with my m79

Sekushi
July 24, 2004, 5:16 pm
You tell 'im, JB!

IBT
July 25, 2004, 2:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
it would be nice for a new weapon (a normal bow) or for the existing rambo bow. The longer you hold the mouse button the stronger the bow "tightens" (?), resulting in more damage/distance.

i kinda like the rambo bow the way it is, seeing that whoever has it is the most indangered of being killed, anyone ever play that with 30 bots, oy a massicer!

Kazuki
July 25, 2004, 2:42 pm
Nah, Demonic, it's a good idea, but wouldn't benefit at all. I would explain it, but Grand Diablo came first :P

Oh, and if M79ers have inhuman power in realistic mode, then I must be absolutely godly. :P

Subslider
July 25, 2004, 3:17 pm
naa leave it the way it is.. let the n00bs.. theyll get the hang of it..

EyE-of-TerroR
July 25, 2004, 3:35 pm
good idea but wont it take too long to shoot I mean some one can shoot you when you try to shoot with m79. Those dudes who can't handle that wepon make bloody mess is true but dont mind of 'em and kill them first ;)

Spectral
July 25, 2004, 4:18 pm
it is certainly interesting, but the m79 doesn't need to be nerfed, which i think this would do. unless you could think of something that would make this method of shooting easier

liquidis x snake
July 25, 2004, 4:42 pm
Haven't we made it clear that no one gives a sh*t about barret threads anymore?

Just kidding. <3 Barret.

Anyway, I don't think the idea would be good for a GUN. Maybe a mortar. Also, the real M79 doesn't work that way, so if we change the "realism" if it, we might as well add wings to the AK so you can fly without using your jetpack or maybe even a LAW that has 30 rounds and automatic fire?

Also, it reminds me of Gunbound. God that game sucked.

Sekushi
July 25, 2004, 6:08 pm
Haha, yea! Gunbound. This thread kinda like it. I hate GB too.

Spectral
July 25, 2004, 9:44 pm
meh dont compare the two :P

The Geologist
July 26, 2004, 12:30 am
If you want a different shot, change angles..easy as that. The gun is easy enough to dodge as is, if you're not running headlong into trouble.

loserisme
July 26, 2004, 4:18 am
no.
To change the distance you want to shoot, move your mouse.

Haro1121
July 26, 2004, 9:14 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA

boosta gets a cookie ive always wanted a normal bow in soldat lol that would be so fun [:D] and a m79 in real life cant shoot further with a softer trigger pull but in real life a barett sniper is semi auto and soldiers dont have jet boots so meh[B)]

systemfeind
July 26, 2004, 10:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Interesting, but M79 is not a catapult.

roflmao... *agree*

AerialAssault
July 26, 2004, 10:31 am
in real life the barrett is semi auto but the recoil is too intense so maintain fire on a target area. ever play america's army?

Deleted User
July 26, 2004, 2:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
in real life the barrett is semi auto but the recoil is too intense so maintain fire on a target area. ever play america's army?

As a matter of fact, I work for them. In real life, most marine snipers probably have had a lot of hours on it. They eventually can compensate for the recoil and can fire it much faster. However, in the game, the Devs didn't want people blasting away at near auto speeds with 1 hit kill rounds.

Aquarius
July 26, 2004, 3:53 pm
In real life you woudn't be able to move while shooting with barret.

loserisme
July 26, 2004, 5:46 pm
[;)][:-banghead][:-angel][:-alien][:-apple][:-cowboy][:-crazy][-crzwom][:o)][8D][xx(][:-devil][V][8][}:)][:X][?][:(][:O][8)][:P][:-weepn][B)]Yah, but Soldat isn't based on real-life. (well, a few stuff is but...) That's why, KEEP THE M79. [:(!][^][:D][:I]

puhrty smilees.

Toumaz
July 27, 2004, 5:12 pm
Don't mess with the M79.

Sekushi
July 27, 2004, 6:57 pm
Why're all of them looking at me... Besides the one bashing his head in the wall...

IBT
July 27, 2004, 11:53 pm
i shot a real m79, and i weigh 150lbs
*Bang* *falldown* *KABOOM* "woah, holy **** that was loud, some body answer that damn phone"
yeah, it should be nerfed.