( search forums )
Is anyone kinda sick of it?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
LazehBoi
July 23, 2004, 1:06 pm
No, I want this to be as minimal about the barret and M79 as possible, which is pretty impossible... But meh.
Strangely enough, i'm getting rather bored of Soldat, I like it and all, and I would register if I wasn't lazy, but I played on Iinet #3 today; Full of M79ers and Barret people... It's all "Oh hello *spawnkill*"
Whole clans are using the M79 and Barret... Is anyone else getting this bored of Soldat?

*Think that this thread might be commented on it's stupidity*

Droopy
July 23, 2004, 1:16 pm
Everybody in A.B.A. is getting bored and many ppl out there are brother!

Deleted User
July 23, 2004, 1:22 pm
I expect this topic will be locked. Conversations about the Barret are a no-no.

b00stA
July 23, 2004, 1:27 pm
I won't lock this as long as you don't start bashing weapons or try to change the weapon balance.

Hektik Sniper
July 23, 2004, 1:27 pm
| ¬_¬
|
V

Chakra
July 23, 2004, 1:37 pm
Nothing left to say mate...just a matter of getting someone to listen.

Droopy
July 23, 2004, 1:55 pm
I just know this is gona be another flame war... Or hitmain will lock it.. Look at all those locked topic! WTF's up with ppl! Post such idiotic stuff!

N1nj@
July 23, 2004, 2:08 pm
ya, I am getting bored of Soldat too, but is not because of those reasons.

kevith
July 23, 2004, 5:10 pm
I haven't really played Soldat in about 2 months... but I wish I could (my internet is too inconsistent to be playable where I'm living over the summer). Soldat is the only game that I can think of that I've never really become tired of. It's been almost 2 years since I first played it and I still love it. I did go through an "extreme anti-barret" stage for awhile that almost turned me off of Soldat, but I got over it.

DeMonIc
July 23, 2004, 5:18 pm
Play realistic.
And don't start talking about ruger.It is slightly more powerfull, but if ur good at manouvering u can take a rugerrer on w anything.

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 5:26 pm
Go to private servers.

palloco
July 23, 2004, 5:27 pm
Soldat is getting weird to me because each day I play worst and worst instead of improving.

LazehBoi
July 24, 2004, 7:09 am
I play Realistic mode, just in Australia, theres no Australian servers, although I like to play with my friend Jap_Man he only plays on public... It's getting rather boring.

cup_of_squirrels
July 24, 2004, 11:42 am
yeh i sorta left soldat cos of all these clans using snipers. It just aint what it used to be :-/

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 24, 2004, 11:43 am
hey i remember jap_man, he came to my Realistic Survival server 3 days ago.

Jap_man
July 24, 2004, 11:55 am
Really :O. It's a small world after all....
I hardly ever remember which private servers i go onto. But I do like small private servers better than huge public servers like iinet. I tend to find less people playing with berrets in private servers and no people playing with berrets in most realistic servers.
But then again there's not that many people who play realistic mode...

sativa
July 24, 2004, 12:29 pm
I think soldat needs a series of new guns and well more new stuff to keep it alive else i think it wil be dead in about 10 months

Jap_man
July 24, 2004, 12:37 pm
a new series of guns? Nah, that probably will kill soldat quicker.
Firstly almost all the weapons have been around since the first version (o.9.4 i think) and changing the weapons will turn soldat into a totaly different game most likely making many leave the game altogether.

sativa
July 24, 2004, 1:08 pm
i dont say tyo change em
but to add more guns

Jap_man
July 24, 2004, 1:29 pm
oh sorry, I heard you wrong.
Well I guess a few new guns may give the game a bit more of an exciting feature, maybe a few more secondary weapons or something like that would be a good idea. But the real question is: will michal choose to add more weapons.

sativa
July 24, 2004, 1:38 pm
I really don't know, but well the geame really needs some upgrading and new stuff in to it cause it will really die if he does not do anything, i play soldat like about a year and hal fnow and it really is getting boring

Deleted User
July 24, 2004, 5:27 pm
I seense... I seense... WHINE!!!!!! :D

Barret ain't a lame weapon, you need to know how to move, if the barreter miss one shot hes screwed!

Chakra
July 24, 2004, 6:02 pm
Old story Nedech. Try to pay attention.

whyte
July 24, 2004, 6:48 pm
some weapons are only overpowered when others are removed, play on an no barrett server and everyone uses m79s, remove them both and another weapon will dominate

id like to see a new weapon list if only to refresh an otherwise great game, however in a server with all weapons enabled things are pretty much "balanced" and should not be screwed around with too much

bucky_brad
July 24, 2004, 7:43 pm
did you think you would be playing this game forever?
any game you play you eventually get sick of it for one reason or another.

Toni_Cicerelli
July 24, 2004, 8:08 pm
Things do seem to be slowing down. I wish at least one of the sugestions would be put it.

F842
July 24, 2004, 8:51 pm
Hey, do something else, then play soldat a bit. moderation. if u play soldat till ur sick, u will get bored. play like once a month and then do other things. works for me. then barraters n m79ers just become a vauge quirk, not a ruining feature

DT
July 24, 2004, 11:32 pm
i'm hungry... what should be done is where theres like a mode or something that every time you die you get a random weapon. and random sec to...

Transit
July 25, 2004, 2:03 am
Yeah, I've been playing a little over a year now, and mostly played in public servers. I agree it's getting pretty boring. That's why I joined a clan! Lol, [UC]. Btw, I've played with Micheal, but I can't really remember how good he was.

Marine
July 25, 2004, 5:12 am
Play a different game...?

Soldat is one of these games that, if you play to much it gets boring FAST, but if you play, maybe, once or twice a week for an hour, it stays fun! Barrets and M79s are no problem....to me at least. Snipers are always a poopy pain, but if you move in pairs or groups, he can't kill all of you, so if one of you die your allies will take him out.

But Soldat is a classic game, one that will never die.

Deleted User
July 25, 2004, 2:44 pm
Think of poor Mikhail reading this... How everyone has started hating his game...

I haven't played Soldat for months, but only because I'm too busy writing!

Sekushi
July 25, 2004, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by DT
i'm hungry... what should be done is where theres like a mode or something that every time you die you get a random weapon. and random sec to...

Go eat some food then think about how sensible that is. :P

SuperKill
July 25, 2004, 7:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marine
Soldat is one of these games that, if you play to much it gets boring FAST, but if you play, maybe, once or twice a week for an hour, it stays fun!

not really, maybe thats how it is with you.

Mielos
July 25, 2004, 9:28 pm
quote:Barret ain't a lame weapon, you need to know how to move, if the barreter miss one shot hes screwed!

A good barreter doesn't miss the first shot , that makes it overpowerd . It isn't THAT hard either to hit with a barret

sativa
July 25, 2004, 9:36 pm
mielos, the sniper rifle is an m82a1, a .50 calibre, it's a freaking anti tank sniper rifle, it aint overpowered

Spectral
July 25, 2004, 9:38 pm
are people still talking about barret...?

n00bface
July 25, 2004, 10:10 pm
then why are we using a damn anti tank sniper on a soldier from 1 inch away

Marine
July 25, 2004, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
Soldat is one of these games that, if you play to much it gets boring FAST, but if you play, maybe, once or twice a week for an hour, it stays fun!

not really, maybe thats how it is with you.

Actually, 3 replies up someone said the same thing. Yes really.

quote:Originally posted by n00bface

Apparently thats how Michal made the game...

LazehBoi
July 26, 2004, 7:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Spookyfish
Think of poor Mikhail reading this... How everyone has started hating his game...

I haven't played Soldat for months, but only because I'm too busy writing!

Hating? No way, this game is amazing... Perhaps getting better might be an option ;) I got worse after I stopped playing, trying to fix my computer's corrupt memory, but it's still corrupt and i'm not getting any better...

Hova
July 26, 2004, 8:25 am
I hate to beat the bush here, but if you find it boring, just play in spurts. I can't keep myself to play soldat for longer than 10 minutes, but its that way for any game now.

frogboy
July 26, 2004, 8:40 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bface

Apparently thats how Michal made the game...

SOLDAT BETA TESTING FORUM QUOTE QUOTE TIME!

quote:"I don't understand why you want to use the Barret in mid-air, it's a sniper weapon! Use an auto weapon if you want to make duels in the air"

"I would rather get killed by a sniper 2 screens away than get killed with the Barret from 1/8 of the screen"

- Michal Marcinkowski, 1.2 beta testing
-Stalky's favourite quote, taken from profile.

blan
July 26, 2004, 8:56 am
New maps. The same 5 maps over and over and over and over and over gets boring.

Deleted User
July 26, 2004, 2:44 pm
Or maybe some crazy campaign with missions with objectives with time limits with fancy ticking clock with flashing LCD screen with red James Bond numbers with a scary "tick tock" to boot, like "blow up tha n00bblasta cuz 1T $UC|<$".

Geez... There I go again.

palloco
July 26, 2004, 5:43 pm
The only problem with soldat is the people. Last days I had not found any public server with less than 500 ping to me(and I get 300 ping in NA and 200 in Europe), and the passworded ones I joined(say blan or cns) I was kicked ALWAYS because people said I lag or because i use minigun (which any1 know I only use 10% of the time). If they were not intented for 300 pinger I would get ping kicked or if minigun were bad it would be disabled. Too many whiners out there. That is the problem

Hitman131
July 26, 2004, 8:51 pm
The soldat community is the absolute worst when it comes to that. Ive never seen so much complaining in game ever before.

kevith
July 26, 2004, 9:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
The only problem with soldat is the people. Last days I had not found any public server with less than 500 ping to me(and I get 300 ping in NA and 200 in Europe), and the passworded ones I joined(say blan or cns) I was kicked ALWAYS because people said I lag or because i use minigun (which any1 know I only use 10% of the time). If they were not intented for 300 pinger I would get ping kicked or if minigun were bad it would be disabled. Too many whiners out there. That is the problem
It sounds more like the lack of fast and geographically close servers is your problem. Although the stupid people probably aren't helping, it doesn't sound like they are the true cause of your problem.

palloco
July 26, 2004, 9:33 pm
It is not that problem, I never had any problem with servers. I can perfectly play in servers like u13, optik's blan's llama's selfkill bazokerzz btk...

IBT
July 26, 2004, 11:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman131
The soldat community is the absolute worst when it comes to that. Ive never seen so much complaining in game ever before.

oh, silly silly hitman, i take it you never played counter-strike
when i stopped playing, i had about a 3-8 K-D and they banned me for cheating.

porquilho
July 27, 2004, 1:26 am
Counter-Strike community is the worst thing ever created, i hate them all and i wish they all die soon.

I've installed a lots of games on my pc and the basic loop is like: install, play 2 weeks, desisntall.

With Soldat, i've installed it and i never never think of desinstalled it, i love this game since the 1st minute i play on it.
SOLDAT IS THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED. Michal Marcinkowski Keep up!!!!! I LOVE U!!

and btw if u guys are tired and bored of beeing killed with barrets, dont be sad about it, im always beeing killed by barrets and i dont complain, caze i like this game.
way better than CS, CS shots are random.. yep thats right its just a random function, now how the hell can u be skilled on a game that the aim is random operated... I HOPE CS DIE AND ALL OF IS COMMUNITY.
and we have ragdolls [:D] where is ragdolls on CS han ?
just die cs'ers DIE ALL!
[:D]

Hitman131
July 27, 2004, 6:24 am
I usually like to play cs over lan for that reason.

LazehBoi
July 28, 2004, 9:15 pm
"/ too bad this didn't turn very minimal about the B-word/gun. I think it might be the maps, although SOMEBODY *looks at Jap_Man* hasn't been too excited about playing private realistic mode for a while ;)
Perhaps my siggy should be a bit smaller...

SigHunter
July 29, 2004, 4:49 pm
omg stop whining, get skill and u will bash every "m79clan" and barrets too (with m79 :P)
or dont play on [:-censored]ed up servers with [:-censored]ed up noobs (damn censoring :>)

HK-47
July 31, 2004, 10:34 am
Well soldat is a like a war game(sorta) and in war someone snipes the guy next to you and your not gonna say "OMG you cheap barettard. That weapon is for nubs onl... *pow, gets shot while whinning* arg...you son of a !@#$% lifes not fair =["
Most games have an "overrated" weapon. Ex. Halo: Pistal gets whinned about every day.
Plus: If you cant beat them join them. Snipe them back, jeez -_- . If you think its "overrated" use it to your advantage.
You could also just make your own game and take out all the weapons you hate out of there.
I hope everyone is happy now >=]

Melba
July 31, 2004, 11:48 am
Lazehboi did not read teh signature and avatar rules...
20kb max on both

Denacke
July 31, 2004, 12:05 pm
quote:Most games have an "overrated" weapon
Is that an argument for the barret to keep this way? so that soldat has something unbalanced too and is like all others! YAY!

Artex
July 31, 2004, 1:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman131

Have you ever played CS? If not, do so, and change the post [8)]

Droopy
July 31, 2004, 1:12 pm
I tall ya! After the new version comes out there will be such things as Rugertads.... OH OH! Let's start right now! A.R.A! Oh w8... I use ruger too... Zoray!

sativa
July 31, 2004, 2:14 pm
lol at droopy, there will always be whiners, but comon you train in one gun, act like me, love all guns, don't whine train all guns be an average player no pro with one gun and whiner on other guns

koil
July 31, 2004, 2:55 pm
1.2.0c = perfect version.

HK-47
July 31, 2004, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Denacke
quote:Most games have an "overrated" weapon
Is that an argument for the barret to keep this way? so that soldat has something unbalanced too and is like all others! YAY!

No, you arnt getting the point -_-
Im saying there will always be a weapon whinned about in everygame and you cant help about it or do anything about it.

sativa
July 31, 2004, 10:56 pm
thats what I said

LazehBoi
August 5, 2004, 7:05 pm
*sighs* B-Thread factor: 1
Anyway, I might look at this race servers, they seem funny.
I have also found that Soldat is a great way to get rid of angst. Whenever I feel like crap, I play Soldat. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hitman131
August 6, 2004, 3:05 am
soldat is more of a novolty (sp?) game. Its halarious but wil never be famous like 3d games (its not meant to be, something they do wrong is graphics over gameplay)

Marine
August 6, 2004, 6:50 am
I rarely find skilled barret users...which is why I easily kill them

BARON
August 6, 2004, 7:57 pm
In the leagues, and Scrims, I play in or the Servesr I play in (blans, Llamas, etc.) people rarely use the barret because they know it ruins the fun in the game. There is the odd Barret user, here and there, but from what I have heard in the Beta the barret is only accurate on the ground, where it's meant to be shot.

Marine
August 6, 2004, 8:35 pm
Nothing is wrong with using the Barrett, unless you just use that all the time. The odd user here and there is a sniper, and thats good, we need snipers in Soldat.

But the barrett can be accurate anywhere, with a skilled user.

KroBa
August 10, 2004, 7:04 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi
No, I want this to be as minimal about the barret and M79 as possible, which is pretty impossible... But meh.
Strangely enough, i'm getting rather bored of Soldat, I like it and all, and I would register if I wasn't lazy, but I played on Iinet #3 today; Full of M79ers and Barret people... It's all "Oh hello *spawnkill*"
Whole clans are using the M79 and Barret... Is anyone else getting this bored of Soldat?

*Think that this thread might be commented on it's stupidity*

sorry... may have been me :$

*self proclaimed m79 whore*

AerialAssault
August 10, 2004, 10:50 pm
just for the record, overrated means not as good as everyone says it is. barret is overpowered, not in the sense that it does too much damage, but its advantages are not balanced well by disadvantages. if the barret were overrated no one would complain about it. HK has obviously got his words mixed up

Dathker
August 11, 2004, 2:31 am
heh...*cough* off topic? weapon balance *cough*

anyway... yeah.. it does get boring... when i play for a day straight and play with leet people.. and always get owned... yeah it hurts inside :'(

LazehBoi
August 11, 2004, 7:00 pm
I'm not always losing, but i'm not always winning, i'm usually winning when i'm not playing with clan members xD

Apart from that, I don't play Soldat as much as I used to, but it's a good thing to do when I need to chill, or when I feel like killing someone. >=D

Beep.

Edit:

quote:Originally posted by KroBa
sorry... may have been me :$

*self proclaimed m79 whore*

Funny, I doubt it, though. :<

SuperKill
August 11, 2004, 7:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by BARON
the barret is only accurate on the ground, where it's meant to be shot.

sorry but, can you name one rifle that's ment to be shot when you're not on the ground ? rofl.

Element_101
August 12, 2004, 9:05 am
SK's got you there!

palloco
August 12, 2004, 5:52 pm
sorry but, can you name one rifle that's ment to be shot when you're not on the ground ? rofl.
Uh? Maybe those integrated in the turrets of the tanks or helicopters?

SuperKill
August 13, 2004, 2:27 am
there are no helicopters in soldat :<
and 'turrets' arent 'rifles' :/

Noob Saibot
August 13, 2004, 4:08 am
Dont take the barret out of the game or the m79 or law, i do admit getting annoyed when the whole server is using it, but theres nothing i like more then watching them miss with there weapon and then start runnign in the opposite direction while i mow them down with a mp5 or deagles. !!!:}!!

grand_diablo
August 13, 2004, 12:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by BARON
the barret is only accurate on the ground, where it's meant to be shot.

Well, I can imagine someone jumping while shooting an automatic weapon, but not someone jumping while precisely using a sniperrifle. See, a barret is a sniper rifle, and thats why it should be a defensive weapon. But due to its unbalanced advantages, almost everyone goes assaulting with it. Sure the M79 is strong too, but you need more aim than just placing the crosshait slightly above your victim, it doesnt have the range of a barret, nor has it a scope or such fast bullets. It does have areal damage, but that can also be a problem. If you shoot someone near to you, you at least get hurt or even die. Theres no matter of distance to the barret.

Either take some accuracy from the barret when the player is in the air, or replace it with a weapon with a somehow different concept.

Im getting sick of servers full of barreting newbies, and they do hit quite often, due to the easyness in handling of this weapon. If there are many m79 users, its far more easily to outskill them then against barretards.

SuperKill
August 13, 2004, 3:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo

Well, I can imagine someone jumping while shooting an automatic weapon, but not someone jumping while precisely using a sniperrifle.

you can imagine.. that's cute. you're probably too deep in your own dream world, and thinking automatics could be somewhat usefull if you shoot them in air. "yea ok".
just cut it out with the reality bullsh!t.. you can fly with a minigun the same way you fly with a barret.
and your whole little theory is so wrong its unbeliavble, "placing the crosshair above your victim" oh shup up.. must i 1v1 the whole forum community to prove my point ?
believe me people are sick of you whiners aswell.

palloco
August 13, 2004, 5:21 pm
I did not said turrets are rifles, turrets have rifles. And if you are talking about soldat all weapons but barret/law are meant to be fired on air.

DT
August 14, 2004, 10:28 pm
if someone can host a server that had no barrets for m79 then their would be no problem

Captain_Jimbo
August 15, 2004, 9:13 am

Whatever SK, CTF is plauged with Barrets, there's no way around, nor denying, it. It's an easy weapon to use considering it's Pro/Con spectrum.

Element_101
August 15, 2004, 9:50 am
SK's got a good point..

SuperKill
August 15, 2004, 6:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain_Jimbo

Whatever SK, CTF is plauged with Barrets, there's no way around, nor denying, it. It's an easy weapon to use considering it's Pro/Con spectrum.

oh yea there's a way.. i've been playing in ctf servers without using barret even once the last week (played since some time..) and had no problems at all, even when i was in servers that has alot of barret users.

Chakra
August 15, 2004, 7:55 pm
We are in awe of you.

SuperKill
August 15, 2004, 8:31 pm
try "i dont know what to say because i know he is right".

Molock
August 15, 2004, 8:52 pm
how about... if u dont like barrets or M79 (neither do i) just disable them from your game.. [:P]

Droopy
August 16, 2004, 10:55 pm
Thats one way to a SOLDAT OF THE BETTER(r) TOMOROW...

But if ppl want to be whores.. Yeah! Sure! Let them! If they start bitching about how they OWN and n00b-ing, kick them.. And remember! Never kick always BAN! I do this on my server. Oh w8.. I dont have a server!

Element_101
August 17, 2004, 9:53 am
I dont see what the big deal is about barrets and M79's, If you really dont like them then disable them easy as that.

Denacke
August 17, 2004, 1:09 pm
Thank you for your disable advice, but there are problems with that.
- Most people don't really have a connection that is really fit for hosting a game without problems.
- The servers hosted without barret and/or without barret are very rare, the only ones i've seen are Selfkill's & EF server

Any other advice for us? :(

Mole_Incarnate
August 17, 2004, 2:51 pm
If it makes you feel better im looking into making iiNet4 no-barrets... although I would prefer people just stop whinging.

Denacke
August 17, 2004, 4:35 pm
Stopping with whining won't make us happier, it'll even make us sadder!

LazehBoi
August 17, 2004, 5:16 pm
It would be even better if it was realistic, but Mole_Incarnate, have you actually seen the amount of people that use those two guns? While I was playing on Iinet (which I usually am) I was the only person that wasn't using them, seriously, imagine how boring that can get...

DeMonIc
August 17, 2004, 7:53 pm
If 1 dood uses barrett, no problem.When 90% use it...PROBLEM.Realistic has the same only with ruger.And fall dmg is annoying after a while.

Liber_Lupus
August 17, 2004, 9:43 pm
if server has 4 or more barreters...its getting really annoying to play...With realistic though its better, auto's bullets kill faster and that gives me an advantage over barreters.

DeMonIc
August 18, 2004, 9:29 am
But dodging is kinda stricted, because off fall damage: you can't pay attention on 6 things at once.Besides, when they're getting pwnz0red, they switch to ruger.Yay.

Unlucky 13
August 18, 2004, 9:45 am
dont make this a barret thread please! but yeh, the ruger pwnz0rz on realistic, just like most autos, the deagles and the shotty

SuperKill
August 18, 2004, 10:02 am
well this is a barret thread |:

Unlucky 13
August 18, 2004, 10:15 am
ok... then stop with the barret th- oh, it is about "i hate barreters, this is getting old" thing?

The Geologist
August 18, 2004, 10:20 am
This is totally a barret thread..don't kid anyone. But I agree...nothing makes me more tired of Soldat than hearing people who whore the barret say that they own everything on Gods green earth. Realistic is a very good alternative...love the autos and the ruger because they can quickly do away with the problem. But when not in realistic, deal with it...use the m79 to get rid of the barret. It's the lesser of two evils, in a sense...both guns are damn powerful, but m79 shells don't blaze across the screen in an instant and definately don't have the distance that the barret shells do. I personally enjoy m79 when I'm not using spaz or ak. Learning to be effective with new guns is where it's at.

Unlucky 13
August 18, 2004, 10:32 am
This is the weapon stats on the U13 Server, you can guess the top-gun!

Name-Kills
Barret M82A1-171508
M79-151060
Grenade-108984
Ruger 77-60524
Desert Eagles-53081
HK MP5-49789
FN Minimi-32950
Spas-12-30469
Steyr AUG-25321
Combat Knife-23813
Ak-74-23760
LAW-18408
USSOCOM-17039
XM214 Minigun-5592
Stationary gun-4781
Hands-4230
Chainsaw-3869
Clusters-0
Flame Bow-0
Flamer-0
Bow-0

Just decided to add it, since this is a barret thread.

Toumaz
August 18, 2004, 11:06 am
I think that the ruger is a bit worse than the barret.
Whole clans/teams using Ruger is very annoying. (BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG-reload-BANG-BANG...)
With a beserker, it quickly turns into hell itself.

Kazuki
August 18, 2004, 3:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
I personally enjoy m79 when I'm not using spaz or ak. Learning to be effective with new guns is where it's at.

YES! That's exactly the way it is. You can't help the fact that people like using the barret. Same with the M79. I have to admit, I really hate it when I go into a good server expecting a nice game, and then all I get is an opposing team of M79ers or Barrets. It just makes the game boring. :| The reason these weapons are used so much is because people have different playing styles. For example, I like being able to do damage at almost any time. Others like to do all the damage in on blow, and then run. That's how the game goes. The way you play is based on how you prefer things. The barret and M79 aren't overpowered, they just give most players what they desire.

DeMonIc
August 18, 2004, 6:52 pm
This is the simplest desire.And there are a lot of simple ppl.
But it's a deadly circle:
Barrett draws m79
m79 draws more m79
IF 1337 dude start pwnin with weapon X
all use X
X draws barrett...

-Caldur-
August 19, 2004, 10:18 am
Yeah, getting spawnkilled can be irritating, to say the least, however, it helps you build up skill in running away faster, or retaliating more fiercely [;)]

DeMonIc
August 19, 2004, 10:57 am
The problem is the soldier is not fast enough :D
On crowded server it's pretty much
Spawn-bang-spawn-bang-spawn...

Toumaz
August 19, 2004, 12:32 pm
If you hate whole clans using M79 or barret, start an own server and turn off those two weapons.
Maybe not a good solution, but it's better than nothing.

Denacke
August 19, 2004, 2:18 pm
quote: If you hate whole clans using M79 or barret, start an own server and turn off those two weapons.
Maybe not a good solution, but it's better than nothing.
The purpose about the whole clan using one weap argument is probably meant for clanwars. At the moment there are no leagues with those 2 weapons not allowed, so making an own server wouldn't really solve anything.

Humphro
August 19, 2004, 2:30 pm
In the right hands, the Ruger is better than the barret.

Kazuki
August 19, 2004, 3:56 pm
As long as you all agree that the weapon balance doesn't need to be changed, then I'll agree with you.

Dark_Noddy
August 19, 2004, 7:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
As long as you all agree that the weapon balance doesn't need to be changed, then I'll agree with you.
10Points :P

DeMonIc
August 19, 2004, 8:18 pm
There is no spoon weapon balance problem.
Do I get detention for arguing with that?

Kazuki
August 19, 2004, 11:48 pm
I really hope this makes a difference...

Link: Variety

My newest Soldat video. Please, do think about it.

LazehBoi
August 20, 2004, 12:03 am
There is no weapon balance problem through power, but some weapons need a bit of tweaking in other ways...
That stuff doesn't matter, though, i'm having alot of fun on the fourth Iinet server.

Deleted User
August 21, 2004, 12:01 pm
damn right

Kein
August 21, 2004, 9:11 pm
Barrets are equal against other ppl in ctf, but they aint balanced in duels. So dont be afraid of barret clans like RTW and Kult cause they can be won by auto clans...

Captain_Jimbo
August 23, 2004, 12:04 am

That's exactly the oppposite of what I thoguth, Kein. Baretters are a breeze when they're forced out in the open, in CTF it's a lot easier for them to camp a round. I dunno, I simply answer the question with a question, if a ruger user and a Barret user run into eachother, and the ruger user gets the first shot off and hits the Sniper, but dies anyways, does that make him as deadly as the sniper? (were he using the barret.)

Hitman
August 23, 2004, 1:17 am
A bit off topic here; I'm interested in your Sig Jimbo...got a link? Info?..

SuperKill
August 23, 2004, 8:07 am
omgomg look what happens when you click here

and anyway barret still needs increased reload time for those lamers that spawncamp with it.

Captain_Jimbo
August 25, 2004, 11:27 am

Sure, the movie is just about done, just needs some music and a final edit runthrough. I'll throw in some scenes that are done for a nifty trailer and post a link in the Fan Art thread as soon as I can. *Slowly backs away from people who hate quick off-topic posts*

Element_101
August 25, 2004, 1:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Denacke
Thank you for your disable advice, but there are problems with that.
- Most people don't really have a connection that is really fit for hosting a game without problems.
- The servers hosted without barret and/or without barret are very rare, the only ones i've seen are Selfkill's & EF server

Any other advice for us? :(

More advice... let me see.
If you dont like people using barret then learn to use it and combat them with it, or pick a weapon and become a freak with it, spas recomened because this gun can be insanley good if used right.

LazehBoi
August 25, 2004, 7:46 pm
*cough* Deagles, they can kill in two shots if you get good, and they're monsters in Realistic, too.

DeMonIc
August 25, 2004, 7:54 pm
Deagles rock after mediocre practice, but I think the spas can be used better.

Hitman
August 25, 2004, 8:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain_Jimbo

Sure, the movie is just about done, just needs some music and a final edit runthrough. I'll throw in some scenes that are done for a nifty trailer and post a link in the Fan Art thread as soon as I can. *Slowly backs away from people who hate quick off-topic posts*
Oh...I thought it was like some [:-censored]ing uber remake of Soldat. Good luck with the film :)

Denacke
August 25, 2004, 8:39 pm
quote:If you dont like people using barret then learn to use it and combat them with it
We already have a problem with overusage, And that solution isn't helping it, in the contrary.

Now i am specialized in a weapon but there is almost no way in defeating the when he is at about the same level as me unless i use it myself.

Da cHeeSeMaN
August 26, 2004, 8:43 am
well if u guys were like me and didnt care a [:-censored] about wat weapon does wat... u just got to kill him... i use any gun i dont give [:-censored]...
-wat guy made the first ever anti barret thread? i wonder if he would know things like this start happening....