( search forums )
hot damn! where'd everyone go?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
muzzmastah
July 24, 2004, 12:26 am
Some of you slightly older forum members might possibly remember me, some may not. I haven't played soldat in one hell of a long time, and I decided to try playing online again today. I was shocked by the lack of players and servers - where is everybody? The forum seems to be getting a lot less traffic now, too... what happened to Soldat?

Deleted User
July 24, 2004, 12:47 am
quote:Originally posted by muzzmastah
what happened to Soldat?

The Barret.

Sekushi
July 24, 2004, 1:04 am
Tru dat...? (It's been in the game for how long? :P)

?
July 24, 2004, 1:06 am
Dna server is gone...

Hitman
July 24, 2004, 1:07 am
*Cries*

Kazuki
July 24, 2004, 2:18 am
Yeah, it's dying down again. Until the next version. Then everyone will run back like the deserting pansies they are. :P

Chakra
July 24, 2004, 2:55 am
What happened to summer being 'big' for soldat? ...

Kazuki
July 24, 2004, 2:59 am
People would rather get burnt by the sun, rather than by the M79.

sanity
July 24, 2004, 3:57 am
hot damn?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 24, 2004, 11:06 am
don't you ever grace these forums with the word hot damn unless the topic is about hot sexual experiences.

cup_of_squirrels
July 24, 2004, 11:43 am
Soldat is falling apart from the outside tbh

Melba
July 24, 2004, 1:53 pm
quote:
Dna server is gone...

quote:*Cries*

don't worry! now you have the u13 custom maps server with 5% decent maps :D

n00bface
July 24, 2004, 6:36 pm
but he's a euro and the u13 custom map server is in the U.S. hosted on a DSL connection and if there's anyone in it there's usually 6 people so he'll have a ping of 250+ with mega warpage.

etc.

damnnation
July 24, 2004, 6:48 pm
Hot damn
here i am :p

Chakra
July 24, 2004, 7:40 pm
roll on Doom3 and half life 2...

sativa
July 24, 2004, 8:28 pm
What is the molten liquer?
What gets you drunker quicker?
What comes in bottles or in cans? beer
Can't get enough of it, beer
How we really love it, beer
Makes me think I'm a man, beer
I can kiss and hug it, beer
But I'd rather chuck it, beer
Fill my belly up to here, beer
I could not refuse a, beer
I could really use a, beer
Beer, beer, beer.

I can't remember how much I have had,
I drank a twelve pack with my dad,
That's my son the drunken manly stud,
I'm proud to be his bud,
Here have some pretzels,
No!
I'll call it quits,
Those things give me the schlits.

Drink with your family,
Drink it with your friends,
Drink till you're fat,
Stomach distends,
Beer is liquid bread it's good for you,
We like to drink till we spew,
OOH
Who cares if we get fat,
I'll drink to that,
As we sing once more.

What is the molten liquer,
What gets you drunker quicker,
What comes in bottles or in cans? beer
Can't get enough of it, beer
How we really love it, beer
Makes me think I'm a man, beer
I can kiss and hug it, beer
But I'd rather chuck it, beer
Fill my belly up to here, beer
Only I adore it, beer
Come on dammit pour it,
Do it for me,
Brew it for me,
Feed it to me,
Speed it to me. BEER

The most wonderful drink in the world.
Hooray.
I say everyone went to get a beer

damnnation
July 24, 2004, 8:52 pm
LOL sativa you need to have some SEX man and another thing i have to say against you and that is: *SPAST* [:p][:p]

societies_punishment
July 25, 2004, 3:15 am
I still play but I have lost some interest .... perhaps maybe if there's some dramatic changes in the next version then maybe people will find a new intrest.

muzzmastah
July 25, 2004, 3:53 am
I remember last summer the forums and servers were all PACKED. DNA kicked an insane amount of ass. Soldat was generally an enjoyable thing. Everybody was like "H0LY sh1z d00d i w4n7 t3h 1.2" Now what? Nobody. Did the barret really piss people off that bad? A lot of people used to bitch and cry about it (I never really gave a damn - didn't use it, didn't care if other people did), but it never seemed that THAT many people would leave. I remember liquidis x snake's departure because he was just pissed off with the way it was. Did that happen to everyone? I'm pretty happy with the new version offline (that's the only way ive been playing for the past year, since I took time off of Soldat because of school).

Yes, hot damn. I won't use it again.

palloco
July 25, 2004, 9:01 am
Not only the fact that barret is overpowered but the fact we are not waiting any new version. LAst summer we were all here saying"Omg when is the new version?". Now we say "Well, I think I can leave for a year, come back, and new version will not even be an alpha nor anything." Before you could even play without clans and find a good server always, now just sometimes.

sativa
July 25, 2004, 11:39 am
how many times must i say that the barret aint overpowered: it's an m82a1 .50calibre, it's a freaking anti tank sniper rifle

palloco
July 25, 2004, 12:27 pm
But my penguin is overpowered!

Deleted User
July 25, 2004, 1:27 pm
So is mine.

Subslider
July 25, 2004, 1:49 pm
its not just the barret.. its it all.. V. 1.2 is really an pain in the ass for the older members.. wether you like it or not dont dieny soldat has become to newb frendly..

just look at it.. during this version i havnt seem so many members quit compared to older versions.. just aint fun anymo..

me.. im currently waiting for HL2.. wasting time by playing CS, DoD, Team fort..
i havnt fired up soldat in at least 2 months.. visit the clan channel not that much..

BUT i really like this forum..

Hitman
July 25, 2004, 2:25 pm
quote:wether you like it or not dont dieny soldat has become to newb frendly..Yeah, but doesn't that create more of a challenge for us older members? I mean who doesn't like a little bit of competition? Don't tell me you're whining cause you're afraid you're gonna get owned by a couple of n00bs..

DeMonIc
July 25, 2004, 9:41 pm
No, fighting n00bs(or after-noob-but-not-vets like me) makes u tired, cause we MAKE u tired with tireing chat messages :D
Today I went to my buddies clan's server, and I heard this
"-lame
-ass
-n00b
-barretard
-bitch
-fvck u
*/., has left the game"
So THAT is what's killin soldat.

July 25, 2004, 10:06 pm
That happens to every online game. I think it's because soldat is a little outdated, and there are other online games that people seem to prefer.

AerialAssault
July 26, 2004, 5:43 am
i find that soldat may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon. im acually starting to see a decline in barret users. but soldat only needs 3 things to be returned to its former glory: 1.2b weapons, return of dnagames server, the immediate removal of ctf_death from ALL server rotations

EyE-of-TerroR
July 26, 2004, 2:14 pm
Nice one palloco.I think soldat is dying there are too few realistic servers any more.And guys dont stop playing soldat 'cause it is the best game('cause I have so [:-censored]ty computer so eny other good games wont work).

Dragon88
July 27, 2004, 12:25 am
I really can't put my finger on what's wrong with it. I've been around since 1.1.3, and I find the balance changes to be annoying. I can't point to anything and say, "That ticks me off", but it's a combination of alot of things that collectively grate on a vet's nerves. I know that the deagles are overpowered, and some of the autos. The barret is not. A camper just poses a good challenge for a bit, and then is killed. On the highest level, I would agree it's too noob friendly, but it boils down to alot of things. It just plain ain't FUN anymore. No good servers, and waaaay too many noobs.

I'm tempted to say that I think you die too fast alot of times. But if I did, I'd be lynched...

CbbLe
July 27, 2004, 7:21 am
new weapon(s) would bring alot more fun for everyone...I want molotov cocktails another aswell as a new rocket/grenade shooting thingy

DeMonIc
July 27, 2004, 11:00 am
Hmm...
If something new would be added (as in: new to everyone) like more throwing weps (like the molotov, that would kill when thrown, but not like the nade, but similiar to the knife: fire button lights it, throw throws it!) then mabbe soldat would recounqer FUN.

CbbLe
July 27, 2004, 11:35 am
ye, we need some new stuff!

Tha Doggfather
July 27, 2004, 11:45 am
i want a mortar >

Hitman
July 27, 2004, 1:04 pm
Same here :(