( search forums )
eh.. class system?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dustfiend
July 24, 2004, 5:31 am
i geuss like.. have it be kind of be like america's army, where you pick a class in the beginning of each round or soemthing.

-at the start of a new match, have a 10-30 second wait for picking classes such as: sniper, infantry, etc.

-as this is taking place, there should be a chatroom type thing so people can decide.

-if a person joins as a match is in progress, they are allowed the same amount of time and eventually are in the game.

-there is a number of people that can be a single class; more slots available for the higher number of people in the server.

-each class possesses certain qualities and have different weapons available to them.

-this only applies to online ctf or inflitration.

-can also be turned off according to the decision of the server creater before server is made. like realistic or ff.

and uh... lower the speed for throwing grenades. yah.

its just a suggestion.

kilroy1501
July 24, 2004, 5:44 am
pretty complicated...

maybe a diff game?

Noobile
July 24, 2004, 6:23 am
mabye, like ...
America's Army?

Dustfiend
July 24, 2004, 6:27 am
another game. not the real army. incase thats what you needed to know.

frogboy
July 24, 2004, 9:47 am
Search. Been suggested before.

Denacke
July 24, 2004, 9:52 am
It's just too complicated for soldat, keep soldat fun and simple, i think that that is its special atraction

Jap_man
July 24, 2004, 2:32 pm
Most people rather go their own way rather than choosing "roles" or whatever.
And just as Kilroy & Denacke said the idea is too complicated for soldat.

wormdundee
July 24, 2004, 3:34 pm
im surprised that there hasnt been any massive flaming in here yet, gj guys :P

anyways yeh, whats the point of having classes, if you wanna be a sniper, grab a barret, assault? ak-74, absolute maniac? minigun!

i like having the choice of doing whatever i want, thats what soldat is

sativa
July 24, 2004, 4:42 pm
team fortress classic

Sekushi
July 24, 2004, 5:18 pm
*FLAME*

Just leave it to a weapon selection menu when you respawn and we'll all be fine. :/ We don't need all that fancy "class" ssytem.

Also, Battlefield 1942 is like this.

Dustfiend
July 24, 2004, 6:25 pm
sorry couldnt find where it was once suggested, havent played those games, and i only thought this would be good so that it wouldnt lower the chances of a 9 barret, 1 ak fight.and for the grenades? lowering the speed of it being thrown would prevent having 4 guys in your base flying around spamming grenades.

here comes the flaming.

DT
July 24, 2004, 11:36 pm
yep... whatever you say..

Marine
July 25, 2004, 5:01 am
Just pick the weapon the class would use...

Deleted User
July 25, 2004, 5:09 am
Wouldn't that be just like stealing the idea from America's Army ([gloat]whom I work for[/gloat]) and place it in this game, only it'd just select your weapon, which would be completely pointless? I mean, skills can't improve your accuracy, since it's physics based bullets o_O

Anybody Killa
July 27, 2004, 7:28 am
this is what i have to say about it

" IIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"