( search forums )
Server Commands: Player IP's, and Remote ADM.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
pheebs
July 25, 2004, 6:16 pm
I have a few questions about some of the server commands...

-How can I find player's IP (with a command?)
-If I add an IP to a server's remote admin list will they still be on the list if i restart the server, or do I have to repededly keep adding names?
-In addition what stuff do i need to setup so that the remote admin will work correctly.

Thanks [:-cyclops]

N1nj@
July 25, 2004, 11:37 pm
-How can I find player's IP (with a command?)
>> There is no command to find a player's IP. But there are a few way to obtain it. One is you can try ban the player, and the player's IP will be displayed in banned.txt which is in your Soldat directory. You can open it with notepad and find out. Another way is if you are hosting a dedicated server, then the IP of the players will be displayed on the right column/box.

-If I add an IP to a server's remote admin list will they still be on the list if i restart the server, or do I have to repededly keep adding names?
>> I am not quite sure if it stays everytime, but I know you can make them remote admin permantely by putting their IPs in remote.txt in your Soldat directory.

-In addition what stuff do i need to setup so that the remote admin will work correctly.
>> None, use the command /admip IP number or /adm players name to make remote admins or simply put a admin password by using the command /adminpass text to set a password for players to use /adminlog password to login as game server admin.

n00bface
July 26, 2004, 12:29 am
1) you can also check consolelog.txt and it will say "IP is requesting game..."

2) what n1nj@ said is wrong..you cannot add player names to remote.txt..but if when you are in-game you type /adm name, then it will insert their ip into that file (/admip is another command to add their ip from in-game)..and yes, once it's in that file it will stay there.

3) also, the password set in /adminpass will work for the remote admin (when not in-game) so you can watch the consolelog.txt file and see who's playing/teamscores/player scores/ping and you will also be able to do all server commands from that with remote admin.