( search forums )
For all you people who love Kung Fu...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
December 29, 2002, 2:06 am
Yes, its me again. Back with another map. This time its set in a dojo with a bald kung fu guy. And if you're wondering, the Chinese characters say "China" on the wallscroll. I 'borrowed' the idea of black outlining from shavo and his shroom map (thanks man!). Well, there are a couple of bugs that ive found. The ground on the right isnt exactly straight. The shoulders sometimes get you stuck, as does the little thing that holds up the scroll. No biggie. Here are some screenshots of DOJO!

If you want this map, Instant message me on AOL Instant Messenger @ MR NYQUIL 626. Its not available any other way! If you wish to support me and post my maps, i would be very very grateful!

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

xXShavoXx
December 29, 2002, 2:31 am
Looks cool, and glad to see that my maps inspire you [:)]. Anyways, just add your map to a zip file and when you post a message here, click on the paperclip and upload it (although I think you already knew that considering you have pictures uploaded here). It's pretty simple, and saves the trouble of people being forced to IM you to get your maps (I honestly dont think people care that much to go through the trouble of IM'ing anyone to get a map [B)] )

Piglet
December 29, 2002, 10:09 am
umm and if its got bugs that you know about, why dont you fix them ?

sauron_the_deceiver
December 29, 2002, 11:50 am
because he cant be arsed. dojo looks sooooo cool.

High
December 29, 2002, 3:04 pm
liquidis x snake: you must be chinese aint you? or asian...? me too btw if you are...nice map...those writing on that board say China in Chinese....

liquidis x snake
December 29, 2002, 4:15 pm
yes indeedy im asian. 75% chinese, 25% vietnamese. [8D]
and answering that other question: laziness. laziness prevents me from fixing bugs and glitches.

Piglet
December 29, 2002, 5:48 pm
so you can be bothered to spend time making complex maps like this, but then cant be bothered spending 10-20 minutes fixing them?

liquidis x snake
December 30, 2002, 6:08 pm
making maps is for fun than fixing glitches. hey, they're still playable to me. the glitches arent really that noteworthy either. dont hate the player, hate the game

SYT
December 30, 2002, 7:43 pm
liquidis: you do know that the second character of the word "China" is incorrect (or rather, incomplete) right? Sorry I just feel like pointing it out. [:D]
Other than that this map looks pretty cool

mateenjahanmiry
December 30, 2002, 7:50 pm
any1 here from the Middle east, i am, and NO IM NOT A TERRORIST, lol. If you all were wondering where, im from Iran, persian kid. [:D]

liquidis x snake
December 30, 2002, 10:27 pm
SYT u are absolutely right... i guess i should pay more attention in mandarin class. doh!

c0n
January 2, 2003, 6:15 am
lol ok well its not like we would have known if it was spelled wrong...but other than that awesome map man...did you limit out on polygons??

liquidis x snake
January 2, 2003, 8:01 pm
yes. yes i did. i wanted to add more stuff on it like a bowl of rice or something and some sticks to make the map more badass... stupid limit! STUPID LIMIT!! why is there a limit anyways... i feel.. deprived.

Piglet
January 2, 2003, 9:28 pm
limits are their because soldat cant handle larger amounts (at least in this version), therefore the amount you can use must be limited.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to make a computer system without limits

it is only possible to make one with limits that are generally unobtainable