( search forums )
Exterior program displaying text in Soldat ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Dark_Noddy
July 26, 2004, 3:06 pm
Is there a way to make that happen ? Subject..
Since the Taunts are loaded U cant just edit those.. so are there any other way ? Preferably like a message..

b00stA
July 26, 2004, 3:20 pm
haven't seen anything like that so far, but DDE support for Soldat would be nice..
DDE lets you send commands/request data from applications.
so you could send a call to Soldat.exe "command msg Please visit www.moo.com" and the server would display it..

Drama
July 26, 2004, 4:31 pm
that would bring juice to soldat, example programs which would show irc query's in soldat console

Noobile
July 26, 2004, 10:48 pm
wich would also lag the hell outta the game...granted, I dont need to, I try and keep as few running applications as humanly possible when playing,more used processor cycles means higher ping ( more data being sent over the same channel) lower ping, means better gameplay, and who likes crappy gameplay?

Dark_Noddy
July 26, 2004, 11:06 pm
I cant see what the problem would be.. U cant Cause no majore SERVER lag from running a 0.5% cpu 1K Memory application on yer comp.. DDE sends [:-censored] to your Soldat, so it would be the same as a normall msg..
The only way I C to do this is to Make a application that alters the memory.. So U can write to the stored Tauntslist... But then again I'd say thats quite hard and far above my current skills and not somthing I would do as Soldat has a Anti Cheat.. Altering Memory is used for most hacks.. So I guess that would result in a ban :/ Not good..

Meh Wants DDE or somthing else ^^

b00stA
July 26, 2004, 11:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dark_Noddy
I cant see what the problem would be.. U cant Cause no majore SERVER lag from running a 0.5% cpu 1K Memory application on yer comp.. DDE sends [:-censored] to your Soldat, so it would be the same as a normall msg..
The only way I C to do this is to Make a application that alters the memory.. So U can write to the stored Tauntslist... But then again I'd say thats quite hard and far above my current skills and not somthing I would do as Soldat has a Anti Cheat.. Altering Memory is used for most hacks.. So I guess that would result in a ban :/ Not good..

Meh Wants DDE or somthing else ^^

forget about changing Soldats memory or anything similiar.. Soldat will think you're trying to cheat (hopefully ;)

Either DDE or a taunt list that refreshes itself everytime you access it.
yay :)

Dark_Noddy
August 12, 2004, 10:56 pm
hehe.. I know It would think I was HAxoring :P DDE or Taunts would be nice yes.. Oh well..

[Old Thread YES I KNOW, Been on vacation] Squeeek

systemfeind
August 13, 2004, 9:10 am
soldat have to be modable like (sorry that i didnt found a better example) cs and its well known script-types (admin-mod etc.)

SERIAL KILLeR
August 13, 2004, 12:18 pm
U mean like Half-life, CS is a mod for half-life not a moddable game itself :p

vegkl
August 19, 2004, 10:28 pm
lol nice point, its hard to mod a mod lol