( search forums )
#soldat.forums
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
b00stA
July 26, 2004, 3:18 pm
#soldat.forums at QuakeNet (irc.quakenet.org)
irc://irc.quakenet.org:6667/soldat.forums

Could you guys just.. join.. and talk?
it doesn't have to be Soldat-related, but I think a meeting point for all forum users could be fun.

To the guys who don't know how to join: You can use Opera, a Miranda IRC plugin, mIRC (www.mirc.com) or any other IRC client. Google has lots of them.

Edit: Please, don't just join, say "o hello ne1 here??", wait 1 minute and leave.

Edit2: moved it to the lounge

Hektik Sniper
July 26, 2004, 4:09 pm
or http://xchat.org :P

bucky_brad
July 26, 2004, 4:44 pm
ok so I am new to this fancy doohicky program.

I went to commands>join channel then I put in irc://irc.quakenet.org:6667/soldat.forums

and a window pops up... am I at the right place?

Deleted User
July 26, 2004, 4:45 pm
I don't think many peaple will join in IRC i think they are all busy playing Soldat [:D].

bucky_brad
July 26, 2004, 4:54 pm
some one hurry up and join (if I am at the right place)

cause I am cold and feel like a game of UT2004.

Kazuki
July 26, 2004, 4:59 pm
lol, Dang. I'm at school right now, on a school computer. I can't right now. >=( I'll log into the channel 2 hours from now. :)

b00stA
July 26, 2004, 5:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by bucky_brad
ok so I am new to this fancy doohicky program.

I went to commands>join channel then I put in irc://irc.quakenet.org:6667/soldat.forums

and a window pops up... am I at the right place?

Open the options (ALT+O), enter a name, email (dont have to be real), nick and alternative nick, press ok. At the bottom there's an editbox/command line. Type: /server irc.quakenet.org and then when it's connected /join #soldat.forums
That's about it.
OR open mIRC and then click the link :)

palloco
July 26, 2004, 5:44 pm
You can join from school if u use xchat

Kazuki
July 26, 2004, 5:59 pm
I'd rather not. <_< Besides, I'm goin on the bus in 15 minutes. The bus ride is around 35 minutes, unless we get caught by one of those freight trains, then it's about 50 minutes. >_<

b00stA
July 26, 2004, 6:19 pm
I've just built a really simple chatterbot in about 30 minutes consisting of 66 lines of mIRC script.
so whenever you read a line like "nick, blah blah" that's me (but the chatterbot replies for me).
Enjoy :)

July 26, 2004, 6:22 pm
So you're Amblin...

Hektik Sniper
July 26, 2004, 6:27 pm
Its not that hard to figure Sticky ;)

--> Amblin (~foo@b00sta.users.quakenet.org) has joined #2wai.soldat

July 26, 2004, 6:29 pm
(Sticks Hektik Sniper)
I don't get all that information stuff, it just tells me that they've joined the room...

Hektik Sniper
July 26, 2004, 6:33 pm
(stycks stycky)
ah thats cause you have a crappy client (mirc) :P

July 26, 2004, 6:35 pm
True. Very true.

Drama
July 26, 2004, 6:36 pm
He got some script or some different client

Hektik Sniper
July 26, 2004, 6:37 pm
i use xchat, http://xchat.org which is a far more beautiful client than mirc. Example: http://www.hektiksniper.net/xchatcurrent1.jpg

b00stA
July 26, 2004, 6:44 pm
Pffft, client discussions.

KnOt
July 26, 2004, 7:55 pm
FFS... Just go to bloody www.mirc.com , download the latest version of irc, select 'Quakenet' as your server to connect to, and press connect. Also it would be cool if you could use your forum nicks so everyone knows who's who.

Denacke
July 26, 2004, 8:09 pm
You can get exactly the same information like that in mIRC, it's in options somewhere :)

Drama
July 26, 2004, 8:42 pm
At least nnscript has it

Dark_Noddy
July 26, 2004, 11:53 pm
on ^*:join:*: { echo $color(join) -ti2 # ---> $nick $iif($address($nick,0),$+($chr(40),$right($address($nick,0),-2),$chr(41))) has joined # | haltdef }

Now Shaddap :P

b00stA
July 27, 2004, 12:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Dark_Noddy
on ^*:join:*: { echo $color(join) -ti2 # ---> $nick $iif($address($nick,0),$+($chr(40),$right($address($nick,0),-2),$chr(41))) has joined # | haltdef }

Now Shaddap :P

Alt+O > IRC > Options > Show > Enable "user addresses"
I love mIRC scripting, but why not just use the built-in mIRC functions? :)

Spectral
July 27, 2004, 12:41 am
...it seems as if the channel has already been used to plot mass destruction...

n00bface
July 27, 2004, 1:03 am
it was a really stupid joke, but whatever

July 27, 2004, 1:04 am
But Hitman sure does make a good The Russian...

FliesLikeABrick
July 27, 2004, 1:50 am
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/irc
-Brick

N1nj@
July 27, 2004, 3:05 am
ok, this channel is stupid. The people in there are dumb, actually just Hitman. The whole channel is used to plan destructions, and I was one of the victim. Hitman and his follwers planned a mass spam attack on my msn messenger for no apparent reason. And he also said I got owned in the topic because he has his 'op' power to make fun of poeple. Isn't that power abuse?

Hitman
July 27, 2004, 3:29 am
No, it was just a bit of fun. Take a joke N1nj@.

N1nj@
July 27, 2004, 3:33 am
HAHAHAHAHA (NO IS NOT FUKING FUNNY)

And I don't take lame joke from lamers

Hitman
July 27, 2004, 3:45 am
*Rolls eyes* Yes N1nj@, yes..

N1nj@
July 27, 2004, 3:49 am
don't roll your fuking big eyes on me. sarcastic bitch

Hitman
July 27, 2004, 3:53 am
/ignore N1nj@

...;)

n00bface
July 27, 2004, 5:18 am
/delete spam
/lock

frogboy
July 27, 2004, 6:07 am
; Sounds like fun.
inc %performchannels

Dark_Noddy
July 27, 2004, 1:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA

Alt+O > IRC > Options > Show > Enable "user addresses"
I love mIRC scripting, but why not just use the built-in mIRC functions? :)

Hehe got a point there :) Not familliar with all th those options.. Make scripts instead :/

Kazuki
July 27, 2004, 3:02 pm
lol, Soon enough people are actually going to start that Anti-Hitman Army idea of Stalky's :P

N1nj@
July 27, 2004, 3:31 pm
where can I get a hold of this AHA thing?

btw, /block Hitman

Hitman
July 27, 2004, 3:47 pm
quote:Anti-Hitman Army idea of Stalky's :PHehe, that's hilarious :P

Kazuki
July 27, 2004, 4:51 pm
It's on Stalky's signature, Spyder, lol. Just look there. It says "Proud Member of the A.H.A." with a picture of a crossed out Constantin head above it. :P Funny stuff.

Edit: Oh, and for those of you out there who like to pronounce abbreviations as actual words, people around you will think you're a retard every time you pronounce the A.H.A. "I'm a proud member of the aha! Tehehe."

b00stA
July 27, 2004, 5:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
Hitman and his follwers planned a mass spam attack on my msn messenger for no apparent reason. And he also said I got owned in the topic because he has his 'op' power to make fun of poeple. Isn't that power abuse?

I found the image in the topic somewhere and I posted it in the channel simply because I thought it was funny, without even thinking about you. Then someone suggested I should put it in the topic, so you can see it.. as a joke.
and the spamming.. well there doesn't have to be a channel to do that :o

Outcast
July 27, 2004, 6:32 pm
YOur lonely arent you ;p

Spectral
July 29, 2004, 12:41 am
who? the man of hit?

SigHunter
July 29, 2004, 4:51 pm
irssi rulz :>

Kazuki
July 30, 2004, 2:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
YOur lonely arent you ;p

Not in my mind. ;_;

Yeah, Hitman has been pulling those kinds of things lately. :P You know, like in his profile...

quote:From Hitman's profile

... Bah. I hate it when girl scouts lie.

Hitman
July 30, 2004, 3:24 pm
Internet - lighten up. I think the people that get upset when you pull a prank on them on the Internet are the ones that don't have a life outside of the Internet. Which is why they get so upset. It's sad really..

Kazuki
July 30, 2004, 3:31 pm
Yeah, but it's kind of hard to have a life when you move every 2 years. >=|

By the way, they get over it eventually. Ville and I were trying to think of a way to get you back for that whole 'Forums are going down!' thing. I PM'ed Styx, asking him if we could somehow get the well-known part of the society to play along, and we'd have Michal post a topic about him selling Soldat. :P We'd all just play along, and everyone would know that it was a hoax, except for you. Styx hasn't replied though, and it's been over a month, so that idea's gone. =\

Hitman
July 30, 2004, 3:54 pm
ROFL, that would have been awesome :P

Kazuki
July 30, 2004, 4:20 pm
Yes, yes, I know it would have been. XD Too bad it didn't happen.

Y2Zack
July 30, 2004, 8:52 pm
so which is better? xchat or mirc?

b00stA
July 30, 2004, 10:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Y2Zack
so which is better? xchat or mirc?

I've been using mIRC for over 4 years now.. I can customize everything, write scripts for it etc.

just try both and decide for yourself.

palloco
July 31, 2004, 9:23 am
xchat. You do not need any script to make it work properly, and xchat is freeware If you want to use mIRC legally you must pay it.

b00stA
July 31, 2004, 2:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
xchat. You do not need any script to make it work properly, and xchat is freeware If you want to use mIRC legally you must pay it.

No, you don't have to pay.
Just like you don't have to pay for Soldat.
Let people decide for themselves..

palloco
July 31, 2004, 3:01 pm
"mIRC is shareware, which means that you can download mIRC and try it out freely for 30 days to evaluate it. If during, or at the end of, the evaluation period you decide that you would like to continue using mIRC, you must register your copy."
-mIRC web

It is not like Soldat, look at the MUST

Y2Zack
July 31, 2004, 4:30 pm
yea b00sta hes right... u ahve to pay using pay pal etc... how can i change the font on mIRC?

Chakra
July 31, 2004, 4:42 pm
stop talking out of your minigun pallaco. I've used it for bloody ages and never registered it nor cracked it.

palloco
July 31, 2004, 5:34 pm
Illegaly... cops should bust you.

Denacke
July 31, 2004, 8:35 pm
It's not illegal, it's just a way of making them think they have to pay, while they don't have to, when the evaluation is over, you can still press continue after some seconds :)

Spectral
July 31, 2004, 9:12 pm
have you a good site for mIRC scripting?

b00stA
July 31, 2004, 9:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
have you a good site for mIRC scripting?

www.mircscripts.org and google

Dathker
August 3, 2004, 2:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Sticky
So you're Amblin...

omg! n00b!

lol

anyway... amblin why do you just make a link off the forums that will have a pop up that will join it for you...

like warbucket.com ---> click chat something like that..

this would solve the problem for people like kaz who is at school.. and it easier than having everyone that doesn 't use irc normally install mIRC just to get on one channel...

systemfeind
August 3, 2004, 6:42 am
i added #soldat.forums to the official soldat chat applet. if school machines have java installed (im sure they have) then you can join the chat via the soldat homepage. have phun.

N1nj@
August 3, 2004, 6:48 pm
thank you systemfeind!

Dathker
August 4, 2004, 12:30 am
omg leet---! that was quick

[edit:] Omg!!! i just checked it out.. see how it was doing... Oh me gosh!!! why did you put esl's and selfkills chan in there !!! omg!!!! hax!

Hova
August 4, 2004, 2:33 pm
Hopefully none of you would mind if I just look around there for a bit. I like to get the know the mood of people before I start speaking up :)

DT
September 15, 2004, 3:40 pm
yes best course of action... even though my mood is based of how much ravoili i eat...

3 coolest people on this forum in my opinion is...
1st place is... B00stA!!!
2nd is Kazuki
3rd is Hitman
4rd is M

Melba
September 15, 2004, 9:48 pm
bleh

DeMonIc
September 16, 2004, 5:48 pm
Leik I r teh cool3st!!oneoneshiftbigone.

But seriously...why do lot of ppl just hang around, and don't say nothing?It's sad....

Alamo
September 16, 2004, 10:28 pm
that's the nature of Quakenet. Ppl don't join to chat, they just join. For example, i join out of routine. When i start up my computer i start mIRC and Winamp... It's just up and running and i can go in and drop a line if i want but i also had days on that i didn't even write a letter.

LazehBoi
September 17, 2004, 4:13 am
Uh... It's pretty hard to find it quiet, when i'm there i'm always talking, even if it's to myself. -.-

b00stA
September 17, 2004, 1:43 pm
Just find a person you know and start talking. It will just carry on and.. poof! Pages of "lol" "eh" and "OWNED".

that fuking sniper
September 18, 2004, 2:29 am
... IRC sucks.

FliesLikeABrick
September 18, 2004, 3:33 am
for anyone who is at school, on another restricted computer, or just a friends computer that doesnt not have an IRC client installed, use the java based one here:

http://u13.net/irc

i think selfkill might also have something like that on their site

frogboy
September 18, 2004, 6:37 am
Java doesn't work for some reason; the only way to bypass firewalls (that I know of) is CGI:IRC.

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 9:39 am
damnit, i carnt use your javairc thing, brick. they wont let you run.exe programs in my school either, there tight as anything

Yukwunhang
December 13, 2004, 3:59 pm

Connecting...
Unable to connect to irc.quakenet.org : currently trying to connect to irc.quakenet.org
Unable to connect : Connection timed out: connect

DT
December 13, 2004, 4:02 pm
i think it was down for a short while becuse i tried to connect before and that happened

Yukwunhang
December 13, 2004, 4:27 pm
i tried yesterday..and the same things happened

n00bface
December 13, 2004, 9:48 pm
Maybe wherever you're connecting from has blocked the IRC port...That's what they did on my server..I used to have an awesome bot that kicked all the other bots asses, but then suddenly it was no longer able to connect to any QNet server :(

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 8:29 am
uhh....im confussed

Captain RibMan
August 18, 2005, 10:34 am
Confused how? You have to specify if you want help.

karmazon
August 18, 2005, 11:58 am
As a security countermeasure, all clients connecting from *@*.cox.net are now required to give a valid ident response on connect. If you use mIRC, open mIRC options, select Connect -> Identd -> Enable Identd server. You may also need to unblock external/internet port 113 in your software or hardware firewall and/or forward it..
Error : Closing Link: karmazon by sw2.de.quakenet.org (G-lined)

MOTHER(Please refrain from swearing)ERS

n00bface
August 18, 2005, 7:14 pm
so why don't you do that karmazon..

karmazon
August 18, 2005, 10:17 pm
I DID IT ZOMG I WOULDNT BE COMPLAINING IF I DIDNT DO THAT, AND (Please refrain from swearing) THAT IM NOT SENDING THAT (Please refrain from swearing) (Please refrain from swearing)ING QUAKENET ANY MAILS