( search forums )
turn off text popup of opponents name?for sneaking
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Kinnikinnick
July 27, 2004, 10:24 am
Does anyone know if i can turn off the ability to see enemys names when i move the mouse curser over them? (the name "pops" up in red text) I want try playing levels with *tons* of bushes so we can sneak up on people :) and its no fun if we can just scan the level with the mouse.. (I'm makeing a level from two bmp's that looks like BC's rainforest.. dense brush and very tall trees to hide up in)
I know this game isn't about hiding but i thought this might be fun to play with.

Cheers all, Kin.

CbbLe
July 27, 2004, 10:34 am
you can't do that. there is no option for it.

Melba
July 27, 2004, 11:45 am
even if you turn it off, which i dont know how to do, the others will still be able to see you.
the way i see it, is that it would be a huge drawback for you, because then you wouldnt see their names, but they would still see yours.

p.s. there are ways of "hiding" your name ;)
p.s. 2 camping is baaad :/

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 27, 2004, 5:54 pm
A way to solve this problem:

Step 1: Find Bush
Step 2: Prone in Bush
Step 3: Shoot anyone who comes by.

In case you havn't figured it out, Proning makes your name invisable to the enemies.

Kinnikinnick
July 27, 2004, 9:50 pm
THANKYOU LEO!!!! that's what i needed to know.

Btw, I usualy play only with friends I know personaly and we play that camping for the goal of moving the frontline is a fair tactic.
sence we are all freinds we would trust eachother to keep that option (if there was one) on.