( search forums )
Maybe it's just the servers....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
July 27, 2004, 2:13 pm
There is so much variety in soldat going to waste, and i'm fairly sure most of us are beyond boredom with vanilla CTF and DM.

theres on average 300 players and about 120 servers. A server for every 3 people.
None of them are survival, 2 or 3 might be INF or real mode, some may dare to have powerups but the rest remain cut-and-paste CTF and DM servers. The majority of them are empty.

I'm sure most of you have noticed the knife-only servers in your lobby list. Although not to my taste, I salute a server who is brave enough to host a server that doesn't safely appeal to the standard. It's also almost always full.

So many of us consider ourselves experience soldaters, but when was the last time any of us played a pointmatch server? rambo match? real mode? infiltration? We're missing out on more than half the game has to offer!

This is a simple plee to all those who bless the game with their servers: dare to try something new. Try restricting weapons (take out autos or barrets), try removing all nades and health packs, try doing a pointmatch in infiltration maps, try doing a survival TDM, or a rambo match with just miniguns.

People are willing to try new things and go to these servers with their friends, but they just don't exist!

Squal
July 27, 2004, 2:16 pm
...Once again i think you spoke for alot of us..

sativa
July 27, 2004, 2:20 pm
yes chakra you are almoust the voice of those who really liked soldat but most who want to play things like you say now just set up there own private server with a lot of bots, but it aint fun against bots, they are mindless

Kazuki
July 27, 2004, 2:44 pm
A lot of us do play Infiltration. I really want to play some pointmatch. Rambomatch or pointmatch. Take your pick. Someone open up a server! I say either Llama or Blan change thier CTF server to a Rambomatch/Pointmatch server. Both servers have the same password, and both serve the same purpose, a gathering place for the people of the forums. Sometimes everyone is split between Llama's and Blan's. I think it's a waste, and it would be way better if one of them changed their server's match type. :)

Xyrus
July 27, 2004, 2:54 pm
-//- soldat://ef.kicks-ass.net:23063 -\\-

Name : {EF} // No bonus

IP: ef.kicks-ass.net // Port : 23063 // No pass

and,

-//- soldat://ef.kicks-ass.net:23093 -\\-

Name : {EF} // Race server

IP: ef.kicks-ass.net // Port : 23093 // No pass

{EF} // No bonus is online most of the day :) maybe ill change race server into a INF cause that one only gets full when im playing in it and wait.

And {EF} // All bonus was {EF} // No barret last few months so im helping i think :)

Xyrus
July 27, 2004, 2:54 pm
-//- soldat://ef.kicks-ass.net:23063 -\\-

Name : // No bonus

IP: ef.kicks-ass.net // Port : 23063 // No pass

and,

-//- soldat://ef.kicks-ass.net:23093 -\\-

Name : // Race server

IP: ef.kicks-ass.net // Port : 23093 // No pass

// No bonus is online most of the day :) maybe ill change race server into a INF cause that one only gets full when im playing in it and wait.

And // All bonus was // No barret last few months so im helping i think :)

DeMonIc
July 27, 2004, 3:33 pm
It is said when I c 100 servers/200 ppl online..I switch in realistic, pointmatch or rambo/survival...and nothing.
From now on, I will host my server for 6 ppl every night I can during the summer.(not dedicated, I play 2 [:P])
Demonic's party
real+survival rambomatch
Maps:
Shau
Lagrange
Storm
And anythin else if popularry demanded.

Outcast
July 27, 2004, 3:49 pm
I dont want to play INF or pointmatch, i like CTF and i play ctf. :)

?
July 27, 2004, 3:54 pm
i miss dna ....... but at least we have cns and blans for ctf and noobehs for inf

Deleted User
July 27, 2004, 4:00 pm
Chakra you are speaking for me [;)]

Kazuki
July 27, 2004, 5:01 pm
Demonic - Why don't you just leave it on while you're not home? :) I did the same with the old BioDome server I hosted. When it went public, it was constantly full.

Also, if you don't know this already, DoggFatha decided to be godly again. Jimmy Bones' Pointmatch Server, everybody.

Toumaz
July 27, 2004, 5:09 pm
You're speaking for me too, Chakra.
There are few 'brave' servers.

Drama
July 27, 2004, 5:32 pm
Dear Chakra, i can put one of fastfrag's to TDM or DM survivals if you wish and ask me with pretty voice

Cookie.
July 27, 2004, 6:04 pm
DO IT! RAWR Give to me survival! it is the greatest mode there is! especially TDM survival red vs blue on maps like the no flying map :P i love survival but im the only one who seems to play it if you put up a server most people are like wtf why am i not respawning and then they leave.. :P

Sekushi
July 27, 2004, 6:06 pm
I think I'll go play a Pointmatch game.

DeMonIc
July 27, 2004, 8:00 pm
Ok, so I was satisfied that Bman came in.
The reason I don't leave it dedicated, cause we have a killer electricity bill, and my dad (the only 1 who works) is a teacher, with a low pay.
Hmm..I found out, that because of global stupidity, every1 kills every1 in rambomatch, which is annoyin with real and survival on..so I took out survival.

Drama
July 27, 2004, 8:02 pm
FastFrag survival up: Connect no pw!!

www.fastfrag.com // www.soldat.fastfrag.com (this soldat one coming asap!) - renting servers

EDIT: {

Also, should it be realistic?. Its more exciting imho, even i dont like some of the featrues of realistic mode...
}

T.J.FoRd
July 27, 2004, 8:38 pm
Infs a lot of fun, so is survival mode on anything.. but theres like no servers that have survival mode enabled

n00bface
July 27, 2004, 8:56 pm
would anyone play on a realistic survival inf server? :|

Deleted User
July 27, 2004, 8:57 pm
I think it might be time for me to bring my old Dedicated Rambomatch server back online...

noobface: Yes.

sativa
July 27, 2004, 8:59 pm
noobface, yes i would play to

IBT
July 27, 2004, 9:32 pm
see sig, game mode changes every now and then, and if i see ppl not sniping with the barret (running and shooting with it) it will go out the window.
i myself dont like survival, never liked waiting in cs, and i still dont like it now.

FliesLikeABrick
July 27, 2004, 9:55 pm
I would change my server up to make it more interesting (removing nades etc) but it would sway the stats on the site far too much. With the recent birth of my custom server, I also plan to make it other varieties of soldat, not just custom maps and CTF.
-Brick

kevith
July 27, 2004, 10:44 pm
Here's a simple addition to set your server apart: run the DNA maps...

I'll bring back my realistic CTF with friendly fire server in about 3 weeks.

Spectral
July 28, 2004, 2:54 am
yay for u13 custo server.
a good race would be nice.
n00bface's inf server is quite good, but i find inf brings out the worst in n00bs, campers, minigunners, etc, especially with a lot of people.
the dnagames custo map ctf and inf servers were great
I would play more pointmatch if there was a good server for it where good players were, but i doubt i would play rambo much.

Cookie.
July 28, 2004, 6:53 am
inf seems to be all about camping to me... isnt that always blues job to camp around there flag? at all costs? I want to play survival team death match now :)

DeMonIc
July 28, 2004, 11:49 am
Speakin of real inf...where IS Askur? :(

AerialAssault
August 3, 2004, 6:27 am
chakra is the offical smartest and prettiest soldat player, i would expect nothing less from him. but hes right, but i think a survival real mode teammatch on Lagrange would be an awsome server

karmazonpl
August 3, 2004, 6:34 am
Well, I only like CTF so I only play CTF
But yeah, one thing I want is more survival mode servers !

Joel-san
August 3, 2004, 1:58 pm
I'm currently hosting dedicated real inf server.

Name: No water pistols here
Map loop: Abel, Fortress, Warehouse
Timelmit: 30 minutes
Scorelimit: 120
Max players: 10
Max grenades: 1
IP: 80.223.59.189:23073
Other: No stationary guns, no password

After you play, please send me feedback, was it laggy etc, so I can optimize the server.

Element_101
August 4, 2004, 10:30 am
It looks like chakara has started a praise thread for him self with out even meaning to...

Id like to see some more varied servers but I dont play soldat much anymore so it wouldn't make much difference to me.

Hova
August 4, 2004, 2:23 pm
Hell, I don't usually like playing on anything except for CTF. I might grab a game of realistic dm/tdm/ctf, but nothing much else. They don't appeal to me that much, thats all really. Not because I suck at them or anything like that ;), just that I don't find them as fun as the other modes are.

Now that I have run into some money (a lot of it in fact ;)), I was wanting to rent a server. After seeing all the empty servers out there though, I didn't want my money going out to waste.

Big Black and G4Y
August 4, 2004, 6:52 pm
TDM with no power ups is still my home town. but what about an LH-map pack server? now THAT is throwing in a NEW twist.

pattoe
August 4, 2004, 7:09 pm
SS is running a server all about custom maps, it also has a map download page with several map packs, if you want ur maps included add me to ur msn my email is liam2999@hotmail.com our server is realistic but i think if most of u tried u would love realistic, u can download the current maps played on our server from www.sithsoldiers.tk
i apoligize in advance for the slow download speeds, see you on the battlefield

karmazonpl
August 28, 2004, 4:12 am
Ok I found really cool server, it's a rambo match, and it changes from time to time, so maybe one time it's gonna be survival, the other time it's gonna be realistic and stuff like that.

Anyway here's info:

IP: 63.205.44.209 Name: Blood & Guts(Navichok)
Ping: Really good for American players(0 - 100, west side 0 - 33)

and yeah whatever, it's a great server, check it out(but it's not always available)

david150
August 28, 2004, 7:53 pm
Someone made a patch for a 'Zombie Server' where you kill the Zombies! I love that.

brickman
August 28, 2004, 9:45 pm
How do you take out 'nades and medikits? I'd like to know.
Personally, I only play ctf and inf (if there's a good realistic inf server). Its pretty much a different game than other modes, because killing is not the goal and killing the guy that just slipped past your stupid teammates and is about to nab the flag is more important than killing three guys that are in the middle of the battlefield and have plenty of time to die. This has inspired me to make a unique weapon server. Should it be autos only realistic ctf or m79 only realistic ctf? Should I include chainsaw or socom?

Also, about custom maps, I never see servers with those maps on them. Do you only see them if you have the map? How do you play an inf on a ctf map?

kevith
August 28, 2004, 10:09 pm
> How do you take out 'nades and medikits?

You go to the options tab and set the Bonuses Frequency to 0. You might as well also set the maximum grenades to 0 while you're at it so that you won't even start with nades.

> Do you only see them if you have the map?

No, the lobby will always list the map that is being played on the server whether you have it or not. You just can't join the server if you don't have the map that is currently being played.

> How do you play an inf on a ctf map?

Start up in the Inf game mode, and then just switch to a ctf map during play.

SERIAL KILLeR
August 28, 2004, 10:14 pm
> How do you take out 'nades and medikits?

You go to the options tab and set the Bonuses Frequency to 0. You might as well also set the maximum grenades to 0 while you're at it.

Grenade and health kits are no bonuses so they cant be disabled by setting the Bonuses Frequency to 0.

Like u said u can disable grenade kits by setting max nades to 0 but then u dont have any nades when u start.

Jaz
August 28, 2004, 10:47 pm
How about a winner stays on duel server, first to 10. with many spectators :). I think that'd be cool.

brickman
September 1, 2004, 9:27 pm
Well, I made a ctf server with only m79 and saw, labeled i such, didn't insert bots, and did it at a time when there were less than a whole page of non-passworded ctf maps (even with bots). And after 20 minutes, 2 people total had joined, with one quitting 2 mins later. Then I had to leave due to a rl thing.
The point is, if you want people to make unique servers, why aren't you playing them when we do? I did everything I could to make it visible.

iLLskiLLs
September 22, 2004, 8:53 pm
nah I wouldent play in most of your "special" servers, due to the fact I want to play ctf ;D but as for the lott of you, try to set your own server up and invite people if you wish them to come....

Kazuki
September 22, 2004, 9:55 pm
Jimmy's Pointmatch was fun though. :) That was one of the better servers, while it lasted.

Dathker
September 22, 2004, 10:47 pm
i always thought that point match was just plain stupid, rambo is stupid for noobs with barrets but otherwise its fun :) there was one the other day that pwned cuz it didn't have the barret :P

LazehBoi
September 23, 2004, 2:56 pm
Pointmatch and Rambo rule, like, omegaruleoftheuniverse.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking about it for Australia, we only have a couple of Deathmatch servers that few people use, CTF servers which all people use (Because it's easier to get high scores, d'uh. :P) and one Team Match server. If I had/get cable with a good upload I would make a server, 100% sure. It would be Pointmatch or Rambo, perhaps differing between the two... Not sure if it will be successful, though.

Dathker, Rambo match is great, just disable the barret. :D

Dathker
September 23, 2004, 11:12 pm
isn't that what i said??

SgtSolomon
September 25, 2004, 7:42 pm
Isn't rambomatch almost pointless without the Barrett? I mean, generally I hate barrett users to the point of committing hatecrimes against 'em...but...hell...the Rambo bow is just a fast-shooting Barrett. I've found that on the non-barrett Rambo servers, one or two people have all the points, out of maybe 12. Once I get the bow, everyone else might as well kiss their asses goodbye, unless it's on a close-quarters map.

Barrett seems like the only effective counter. Especially with camping...X)...it keeps the Rambo on his toes.

-Keinonen-
September 26, 2004, 4:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by SgtSolomon
Isn't rambomatch almost pointless without the Barrett? I mean, generally I hate barrett users to the point of committing hatecrimes against 'em...but...hell...the Rambo bow is just a fast-shooting Barrett. I've found that on the non-barrett Rambo servers, one or two people have all the points, out of maybe 12. Once I get the bow, everyone else might as well kiss their asses goodbye, unless it's on a close-quarters map.

Barrett seems like the only effective counter. Especially with camping...X)...it keeps the Rambo on his toes.

It should be called a "Barretmatch". Barrets are disabled and the "rambo" gets a golden barret with fast reload and sprays the sh*t out of other players who try to kill him with autos, rugers, etc...

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 26, 2004, 8:32 pm
I host a Realistic Survival TDM game every Friday, and sometimes Saturday or Sunday. Look for ILOA War Server, with 12 Max players, running either Lagrange (War game) or Flashback (Tactical game)

DT
September 28, 2004, 3:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by -Keinonen-
quote:Originally posted by SgtSolomon

It should be called a "Barretmatch". Barrets are disabled and the "rambo" gets a golden barret with fast reload and sprays the sh*t out of other players who try to kill him with autos, rugers, etc...

thats evil... you don't need a barret to kill rambo...

Rhombus
October 1, 2004, 7:50 pm
No, an M79 would do the trick. Oh my gooooooooooood Im spamming.