( search forums )
Admin icon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
IBT
July 27, 2004, 10:28 pm
i searched and found nothing like this.
got this idea from the iconmod from NS
i was thinking, seeing you have a star for donators, why not add a icon for admins, like this [IMAGE] so ppl will know that this guys an admin.
feedback?

kevith
July 27, 2004, 11:11 pm
I don't think this is a bad idea, although it's kind of nice to have (or be) a remote admin that can administer swift justice in secret. Helps keep everybody honest and they don't know who to complain to. Overall though, I think it would be a decent addition.

SERIAL KILLeR
July 27, 2004, 11:44 pm
Would be nice. It has my vote.

Melba
July 28, 2004, 2:33 am
yes

Kazuki
July 28, 2004, 3:39 am
Tis a pretty nice idea. :)

n00bface
July 28, 2004, 4:32 am
good idea..it's like in washing D.C (where i am now! yay!) they have pedestrian walk-lights with a countdown till red light so people know if they have enough time to walk across before they get runover .. it seems like such an obvious and great addition..how could people not have thought of something this wonderfull! but then you realize that the countdown is until all lights go red and they run you over, NOT until the walking figure turns into a red hand!

yes, it's a metaphore. i like being an undercover admin with a secret name.

Mielos
July 28, 2004, 1:25 pm
If you can also choose not to show it as admin ( for undercover operations:p ) then it's ok :p

Hitman
July 28, 2004, 1:50 pm
Yes, this is a great idea. Got my vote :)

Aquarius
July 28, 2004, 2:55 pm
mine too :)

DeepII
July 28, 2004, 10:00 pm
Nice!

FliesLikeABrick
July 29, 2004, 1:03 am
yeah, a simple option in the soldat.ini "admin_icon=1" or something to allow for stealth admins would be good, but i think this is a great idea. Also something to display the MOTD on the score screen when a player presses F1 would be good, that way they can see the address for the server or admin email without having to rejoin until they can write it down
-Brick

Michal
July 29, 2004, 1:35 am
I like it.[:-thumbu]

Cookie.
July 29, 2004, 4:22 am
star for donators??? you get a star for registering... i wouldnt call that donating

*on topic
i like the idea of special thing for admins so you know not to piss them off lol :P

systemfeind
July 29, 2004, 7:40 am
i like the idea too but if some of those hacker kiddies know that an admin is on they wont hack or cheat until the admin is gone and so its harder to catch and ban them

Unlucky 13
July 29, 2004, 7:46 am
I think if u turn the option off, not useful! admin's ping (if playing) is always 0, so, not really useful for the turn off option, but great otherwise! and also, if u are a remote admin, u are not playing, unless u join in, that is, and then how could it tell? i forgot about ip's, but still!

Denacke
July 29, 2004, 8:57 am
remote admins don't get ping 0. so the stealth thing can be usefull ^_^

Unlucky 13
July 29, 2004, 8:58 am
ok, normal admins, like home to home admins, do