( search forums )
HH - the best DM map ever.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
July 27, 2004, 11:44 pm
This map is in pre 1.1 versions (Try downloading 0.9.4c from the homepage and look at the map there). I absolutely love it, and I miss it. So, I challenge thee, mapmakers - make a brilliant remake of the original for me, in true 1.2 style [:D]

If it's good enough, I'll email Michal with it, requesting for it to be added to the next version.

SERIAL KILLeR
July 27, 2004, 11:57 pm
hh ah the memories...
And the map karh to!

Here a zip of those those maps (and some other):
http://www.jpsnetwork.com/~serialkiller/temp/1.0.5_b3_maps.zip

Someone should shade those maps so they can be in the next version.

Soulsnipa
July 28, 2004, 1:19 am
Whats so good about it >.<, btw...ill do it!

Melba
July 28, 2004, 1:32 am
i didnt think map was THAT great when i tried it a few moths ago, but i guess that was because i wasn't used to the controls and movements.

CbbLe
July 28, 2004, 7:03 am
Karh were my faourite map along with Arena.....omg I miss it so much *cries*

*starts making a better version of it*

Deleted User
July 28, 2004, 10:46 am
Yes, Karh was fantastic too [:)]

By the way people, if you are making new versions...do it well and make me proud.

bucky_brad
July 28, 2004, 6:42 pm
Karh is bloody awsome, it needs to be put back in soldat.

fabmanx
July 28, 2004, 6:52 pm
Someone has to do this map, I remember winning my first ever duel on this map.

N1nj@
July 28, 2004, 7:11 pm
man, it brings back the memories. *wipe tears*

There is another really small map, a small rectangle with a platform in the middle. I would like to see that back, it was chaos with 30 poeple playing in that map. So fun.

Also the other map where it looks like a big circle and sliced in 4 parts. Sorry, I dont remember the names, its been awhile =
Anyway, it would be cool to see these maps back and rocking again. Who is going to redo them?

Just a thought, why were those map removed in the first place?

Flanagan
July 28, 2004, 8:28 pm
Probably to reduce the size of the releases, and get new maps in there.

What was up with the .PMP maps being 473kb, even when there was only ~20kb in them of data.

that fuking sniper
July 28, 2004, 8:59 pm
Mmm, I remember the good days on HH, it was like 3 maps in one, I also loved it. If someone could remake it, or even if Michal decides to put it in the next update, I'd be very glad.

Soulsnipa
July 28, 2004, 11:32 pm
I just finished my remake, or at least made some progress on it. I shaded it, and fixed some things. Also I rounded a few corners. Would Anyone like to see it :)?

N1nj@
July 29, 2004, 12:07 am
yup, post them up!

Soulsnipa
July 29, 2004, 12:14 am
Old Map:
[IMAGE]

New Map:
[IMAGE]

New Map V2:
[IMAGE]

I still need to do scenery and If I do a lot of scenery like I want to, it will look totally different from what it looks now. Giving it even more dimension and shape. Hope you like the shading, it wasnt too hard. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

tntnik
July 29, 2004, 1:16 am
nice man,
dont have many ideas, but if u put in a lot of plants and grass and stuff itd be cool (well not too much :) )
and u could think of some climates like in the graish huge room it looks like winter so u could add some snow or ice, in the bottom right corner u could add somehurtful things like spikes or something, in the green part add a lot of plants and grass... well uve got te point :)

Soulsnipa
July 29, 2004, 1:21 am
nice idea, I'll see what I can do :O

Melba
July 29, 2004, 2:44 am
it kinda looks like a lake...
but we gotta be careful not to ruin Stalky's map

N1nj@
July 29, 2004, 3:56 am
hmm, I dont like how you make the roof so dark. I think the top part should be lighter =\ what do you guys think?

good job tho

Unlucky 13
July 29, 2004, 7:34 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
1.There is another really small map, a small rectangle with a platform in the middle. I would like to see that back, it was chaos with 30 poeple playing in that map. So fun.
2.Also the other map where it looks like a big circle and sliced in 4 parts. Sorry, I dont remember the names, its been awhile =
Anyway, it would be cool to see these maps back and rocking again. Who is going to redo them?

Ahhh. you mean 1.Mikra and 2.Fest, oh, i loved those maps! i used to play 1 on 1 against a bot (i didn't have internet access on my soldat pc then in 1.0.5b) and it was great! i have the origional copies too, converted to the .PMS format! i can't post a link (since they came from no-where, really!) but, great all the same! GO FEST!

Cookie.
July 30, 2004, 8:41 am
/me agrees with ninj@

Unlucky 13
July 30, 2004, 11:19 am
what about fall? u no, the one where u have that long fall and u shoot eachother until u hit the ground, then u were almost dead, and got hit by some flying bullets from no-where? i loved that, but the parachute function stuffed it and helped it, as u hav longer to fall now! and i have all of these mappos! wa ha ha ha!!!

Skate4Razors
July 30, 2004, 2:11 pm
That's an awesome map man! GJ Soul!

N1nj@
July 30, 2004, 9:57 pm
also, I think you shouldn't add too much scenery to it, cause it will really take away from the looks. And what scenery to add, I think no jungle-like scenery should be added, cause it will take away its feel. But I mean, overall the whole shading is out. What do you guys think?

Soulsnipa
July 30, 2004, 11:45 pm
What do you mean "Overall the whole shading is out."

I think this is the finished version unless somone has a complaint:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16152#200567

N1nj@
July 31, 2004, 2:16 am
I meant to say good. Sorry, my mistake.

It looks much better now, is the middle part ice/snow/icicles?

Soulsnipa
July 31, 2004, 2:34 am
Yes, the right part has some spikes but they only hurt you. No sense in making them kill you in a deathmatch. Plus they are easily avoidable, but require good jumping and manuvering skills if you choose that path. (havent beta tested, but im hoping so) The bottom area is a little grass covered. Thats pretty much all the changes I made...

Deleted User
July 31, 2004, 10:24 am
[:O] *huggles Soulsnipa* I LOVE YOU!

Soulsnipa
August 1, 2004, 12:22 am
Ok, going to test it, then maybe release it along with another map I made.

N1nj@
August 1, 2004, 3:25 am
Are you planning on re-doing the rest?

Soulsnipa
August 1, 2004, 4:40 am
We will see.

August 1, 2004, 2:17 pm
Fix the shading on the bottom-right floating platform, and that's a nice lookin' remake.

Soulsnipa
August 1, 2004, 4:16 pm
It's fine ingame, just looks weird in screen.

Unlucky 13
August 3, 2004, 7:34 am
DO FALL DO FALL!!! PLEASE! i wont, cant mapmake for peanuts.-.-
The only problem... the parachute. i mean, it is still fun, but goes slo, great on DM Survival mode

Toumaz
August 3, 2004, 3:39 pm
N1NJ@: the map you are talking about is called Mikra. It was amazing having a big killing party with lots of players.

My all-time favourite maps are Arena, HH, and Karh. EXCELLENT MAPS!
And nice-shaded too. (when it was made with map maker 1.0)

OMG I LOVE YOU SOULSNIPA! Great re-make!

Soulsnipa
August 3, 2004, 5:09 pm
I did fall...

working on fest now.

Unlucky 13
August 4, 2004, 8:20 am
FEST! YAY! that is the smalll one whit the circle in three, aint it? oh, and maybe leave the middle. but thats me talking :/